Ruining my Saturday night by watching "Jesus Camp"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2014, 08:20 PM
Ruining my Saturday night by watching "Jesus Camp"
I don't know why I do this to myself. My heart breaks for all of the American home-schooled kids who are being taught that creationism is the truth, global warming is a lie, and so on. So, I go and watch a documentary about all of that on Netflix.

I've never seen myself as being an anti-theist. But, brainwashing kids and tormenting them with images of hell is so cruel and so worthy of our ridicule.

Have you guys seen it?

"The truth must dazzle gradually / or every man be blind." Emily Dickinson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Virgo Supercluster's post
19-04-2014, 08:24 PM
RE: Ruining my Saturday night by watching "Jesus Camp"
Yes, I have. It's disturbing at the very least.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
19-04-2014, 08:25 PM
Cried through half that damn movie. So heartbreaking No Sadcryface

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
19-04-2014, 08:28 PM
One of the most disturbing things I've ever seen.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
19-04-2014, 08:30 PM
I couldn't finish it. I just thought it was extremely crazy and I really didn't feel like subjecting myself to torture.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
19-04-2014, 08:31 PM
Whenever I'm asked "What's the scariest movie you've ever seen?" I invariably answer "Jesus Camp." Anything from the usual horror genre has nothing on "Jesus Camp."

That crazy-ass harridan that runs that place depicted in the movie should be charged with child abuse.

There is no "I" in "team" but there is a broken and mixed up "me."
[+] 6 users Like TheMrBillShow's post
19-04-2014, 08:31 PM
(19-04-2014 08:25 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Cried through half that damn movie. So heartbreaking No Sadcryface

I fully expected to laugh my way through it. I'm genuinely choked up.

"The truth must dazzle gradually / or every man be blind." Emily Dickinson
19-04-2014, 08:45 PM
(19-04-2014 08:20 PM)Virgo Supercluster Wrote:  I don't know why I do this to myself. My heart breaks for all of the American home-schooled kids who are being taught that creationism is the truth, global warming is a lie, and so on. So, I go and watch a documentary about all of that on Netflix.

I've never seen myself as being an anti-theist. But, brainwashing kids and tormenting them with images of hell is so cruel and so worthy of our ridicule.

Have you guys seen it?

Never seen it but it sounds awful.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
19-04-2014, 08:47 PM
(19-04-2014 08:45 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(19-04-2014 08:20 PM)Virgo Supercluster Wrote:  I don't know why I do this to myself. My heart breaks for all of the American home-schooled kids who are being taught that creationism is the truth, global warming is a lie, and so on. So, I go and watch a documentary about all of that on Netflix.

Have you guys seen it?

Never seen it but it sounds awful.
If you're an atheist that says "who cares if others believe in some imaginary god, what harm does it do?" (Not saying you are) This movie will change your mind. So sad Sad

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
19-04-2014, 08:56 PM
(19-04-2014 08:47 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(19-04-2014 08:45 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Never seen it but it sounds awful.
If you're an atheist that says "who cares if others believe in some imaginary god, what harm does it do?" (Not saying you are) This movie will change your mind. So sad Sad

Then i'd rather stay away from it, i'll stick with Star Wars Tongue

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze