Ruining my Saturday night by watching "Jesus Camp"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2014, 08:58 PM
RE: Ruining my Saturday night by watching "Jesus Camp"
There's no ideological difference between what these pastors are doing to Christian kids and what terrorists do when strapping bombs to kids' bodies.

"The truth must dazzle gradually / or every man be blind." Emily Dickinson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2014, 09:01 PM
(19-04-2014 08:58 PM)Virgo Supercluster Wrote:  There's no ideological difference between what these pastors are doing to Christian kids and what terrorists do when strapping bombs to kids' bodies.

Not just Christian either, did you hear the bus bombs in Nigeria were caused by an Islamic terrorist group called Boko Haram? Story

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
19-04-2014, 09:05 PM
Wow, that's unnerving.

The only comedy relief in the documentary thus far? Part way through the film, they visit Ted Haggard's church. Haggard gives a scathing speech about personal, sexual morality. Of course, at this point, we know that Haggard was smokin' meth and paying guys for sex on the side.

[+] 3 users Like Virgo Supercluster's post
19-04-2014, 09:10 PM
J, you really should watch it. Its digusting, and will make you an activist by the end of it.

I despise that woman, people like them should be put in jail.
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
19-04-2014, 09:11 PM
(19-04-2014 08:45 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Never seen it but it sounds awful.

It's horrific. I wouldn't doubt that it's lead a few people to explore the possibilities of atheism.

There's one little boy in that film... Angry It's rare for me to think of kidnapping a child but ... if only to quell his obvious mental anguish, I'd do it.

The woman pastor in the film runs the church in Lee's Summit MO... about 80 miles from me. She's seen the film and was questioned about it. She thought it was great! People like that are completely oblivious to the suffering and scars they help to inflict.

Stupid bitch. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
19-04-2014, 09:14 PM
(19-04-2014 09:11 PM)kim Wrote:  

There's one little boy in that film... Angry It's rare for me to think of kidnapping a child but ... if only to quell his obvious mental anguish, I'd do it.

Is it the little blonde kid at camp? The one who says that he's having trouble believing and breaks down crying?

Little dude broke my heart. The made him feel like slime for having thought rationally.

[+] 5 users Like Virgo Supercluster's post
19-04-2014, 09:15 PM

It's horrific. I wouldn't doubt that it's lead a few people to explore the possibilities of atheism.

The woman pastor in the film runs the church in Lee's Summit MO... about 80 miles from me. She's seen the film and was questioned about it. She thought it was great! People like that are completely oblivious to the suffering and scars they help to inflict.

Stupid bitch. Dodgy

Preach it, sistah!Bowing

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
19-04-2014, 09:17 PM
(19-04-2014 09:10 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  J, you really should watch it. Its digusting, and will make you an activist by the end of it.

I may get around to it eventually.

Stupid bitch. Dodgy

Religion has created way too many mindless zombies.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
19-04-2014, 09:21 PM
(19-04-2014 09:14 PM)Virgo Supercluster Wrote:  Is it the little blonde kid at camp? The one who says that he's having trouble believing and breaks down crying?

Little dude broke my heart. The made him feel like slime for having thought rationally.

Yes - he was such a sweet little guy - very bright and certainly intelligent beyond his age group. Such an articulate young guy; I hope he can hang on to himself until he can escape all that trauma and begin to live a healthy life. He's just so young. Undecided

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
19-04-2014, 09:23 PM
(19-04-2014 09:17 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(19-04-2014 09:10 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  J, you really should watch it. Its digusting, and will make you an activist by the end of it.

I may get around to it eventually.

(19-04-2014 09:11 PM)kim Wrote:  It's horrific. I wouldn't doubt that it's lead a few people to explore the possibilities of atheism.

Stupid bitch. Dodgy

Religion has created way too many mindless zombies.

The people in this film didn't just create zombies... They fucking destroyed anything intelligent in the children. Just fucking shattered it!

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.