Ruining my Saturday night by watching "Jesus Camp"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2014, 09:24 PM
RE: Ruining my Saturday night by watching "Jesus Camp"
(19-04-2014 09:23 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(19-04-2014 09:17 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I may get around to it eventually.

Religion has created way too many mindless zombies.

The people in this film didn't just create zombies... They fucking destroyed anything intelligent in the children. Just fucking shattered it!

Sounds more like a horror story than a documentary.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2014, 09:26 PM
(19-04-2014 09:21 PM)kim Wrote:  
(19-04-2014 09:14 PM)Virgo Supercluster Wrote:  Is it the little blonde kid at camp? The one who says that he's having trouble believing and breaks down crying?

Little dude broke my heart. The made him feel like slime for having thought rationally.

Yes - he was such a sweet little guy - very bright and certainly intelligent beyond his age group. Such an articulate young guy; I hope he can hang on to himself until he can escape all that trauma and begin to live a healthy life. He's just so young. Undecided

It was pure torture watching him CONFESS to the idea that he was having trouble believing in god, that he saw no evidence, etc. I hope he makes it. I hope his finds his way out and lives a happy, rational life.

"The truth must dazzle gradually / or every man be blind." Emily Dickinson
[+] 2 users Like Virgo Supercluster's post
19-04-2014, 09:28 PM
(19-04-2014 09:24 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(19-04-2014 09:23 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  The people in this film didn't just create zombies... They fucking destroyed anything intelligent in the children. Just fucking shattered it!

Sounds more like a horror story than a documentary.

Well, it is based on a true story....

(That's a horror joke...)

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 2 users Like Atothetheist's post
19-04-2014, 09:32 PM
(19-04-2014 09:28 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(19-04-2014 09:24 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Sounds more like a horror story than a documentary.

Well, it is based on a true story....

Good thing you explained I would have never realized it was a joke.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
19-04-2014, 09:34 PM
The one thing I liked about the movie was that it didn't set out to demonize faith. It just showed how it is, and it let's you see the horror for yourself.

Edit: I didn't state that well... I feel the evils of religion should be pointed out, but I like that they didn't even have to, if that makes sense. It was an honest look into indoctrination, and the evil spoke for itself without help.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 5 users Like Smercury44's post
19-04-2014, 09:35 PM
(19-04-2014 09:32 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(19-04-2014 09:28 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Well, it is based on a true story....

Good thing you explained I would have never realized it was a joke.

Don't know if serious or...

Weeping

Usually, all of my jokes go over people's heads... Then again, I live in backwater Indiana.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
19-04-2014, 09:40 PM
(19-04-2014 09:34 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  The one thing I liked about the movie was that it didn't set out to demonize faith. It just showed how it is, and it let's you see the horror for yourself.

Edit: I didn't state that well... I feel the evils of religion should be pointed out, but I like that they didn't even have to, if that makes sense. It was an honest look into indoctrination, and the evil spoke for itself without help.

I understand what you mean, you are basically saying that the evils show themselves on their own. I think Huh .

(19-04-2014 09:35 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(19-04-2014 09:32 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Good thing you explained I would have never realized it was a joke.

Don't know if serious or...

Weeping

Usually, all of my jokes go over people's heads... Then again, I live in backwater Indiana.

Haha no, sarcasm Laugh out load

19-04-2014, 09:45 PM
I tried to watch that film but turned it off. Life is too short.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
19-04-2014, 10:15 PM
JDog, see the movie THEN come back and discuss it.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
19-04-2014, 10:22 PM
(19-04-2014 10:15 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  JDog, see the movie THEN come back and discuss it.

I will