Ruining my Saturday night by watching "Jesus Camp"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-04-2014, 05:19 PM
RE: Ruining my Saturday night by watching "Jesus Camp"
After watching it I googled it to find out what happened to the kids. You can find the main characters. They did interviews in a follow up. None of them made it out. Couldn't find anything on the blonde kid.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-04-2014, 05:48 PM
(20-04-2014 05:19 PM)freetoreason Wrote:  After watching it I googled it to find out what happened to the kids. You can find the main characters. They did interviews in a follow up. None of them made it out. Couldn't find anything on the blonde kid.

I'll have to look that up cuz I do wonder about it especially when I realize that was filmed back when Bush was president. Then I feel old.

Actually I've seen it like 2 times, maybe 3 because there was a time I watched it while talking to someone watching it at the same time online. I like watching documentaries that deal with people lives like the stuff Louis Theroux does. It is a real mind numbing documentary. If you want more of the same thing, Hell House might be something for you to look for and find. It's a haunted house a church makes to scare people into conversion. It hurts my heart watching it.

[Image: notagain.gif]
20-04-2014, 05:58 PM
Interview with Levi.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
20-04-2014, 06:13 PM
(20-04-2014 05:58 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Interview with Levi.

Blessed is the youtube, it has nearly everything!

[+] 2 users Like Miss Suzanne's post
20-04-2014, 06:20 PM
(20-04-2014 06:13 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  
(20-04-2014 05:58 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Interview with Levi.

Blessed is the youtube, it has nearly everything!

Yes it does.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
20-04-2014, 06:29 PM
(20-04-2014 06:20 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(20-04-2014 06:13 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  Blessed is the youtube, it has nearly everything!

Yes it does.

Yep yep! I'll say though that I have no idea whether or not to see that Levi is still as devote as he is. He does seem fairly calm but just by how he talks about the whole experience makes him seem like he's at least got a hint of crazy. Though I wonder how much of it's being in the situation instead of watching it from the outside. Not to excuse this sort of Jesus Camp thing but...y'know what I mean?

20-04-2014, 06:31 PM
Urgh, man that is just so terribly sad.

That young man never stood a chance.
Gasp

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
20-04-2014, 07:11 PM
It's really upsetting, especially because many Christian fundamentalists view that movie and believe that that kind of indoctrination is right. They don't see anything wrong with it.

Also, the main kids seen really bright and have such potential. Heartbreaking to know that the adults in their lives are using that potential for such an agenda. After I watched it, I googled something like "Jesus camp mullet boy today" hoping I'd find that the main little boy escaped. Unfortunately it seems like the indoctrination stuck and he didn't leave that way of thinking. Sad and scary.

http://dignitywithoutfear.blogspot.com/
[+] 1 user Likes 31:25's post
20-04-2014, 07:16 PM
(20-04-2014 06:29 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  
(20-04-2014 06:20 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Yes it does.

Yep yep! I'll say though that I have no idea whether or not to see that Levi is still as devote as he is. He does seem fairly calm but just by how he talks about the whole experience makes him seem like he's at least got a hint of crazy. Though I wonder how much of it's being in the situation instead of watching it from the outside. Not to excuse this sort of Jesus Camp thing but...y'know what I mean?

I agree

(20-04-2014 06:31 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Urgh, man that is just so terribly sad.

That young man never stood a chance.
Gasp

Very sad Weeping

(20-04-2014 07:11 PM)31:25 Wrote:  It's really upsetting, especially because many Christian fundamentalists view that movie and believe that that kind of indoctrination is right. They don't see anything wrong with it.

Also, the main kids seen really bright and have such potential. Heartbreaking to know that the adults in their lives are using that potential for such an agenda. After I watched it, I googled something like "Jesus camp mullet boy today" hoping I'd find that the main little boy escaped. Unfortunately it seems like the indoctrination stuck and he didn't leave that way of thinking. Sad and scary.

It is so sad.

[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
20-04-2014, 08:02 PM
Here's Rachel at 15.
http://jesuscampmystory.com/rachel/

'I could see we how looked a little scary sometimes to people who didn’t know what was going on. But camp wasn’t really as serious or intense as was shown in the movie. The atmosphere was always welcoming and fun. God’s presence was often very strong and kids felt Jesus’ incredible love, and many times it moved us to tears—good tears! I always have to laugh when people who have seen Jesus Camp meet me, Levi, or Tory. They often comment on how “normal” we are.

I’m very thankful in many ways I’m not “normal.” I was shown the way to Jesus, and I have a tangible relationship with Him. I know I am always loved by Jesus and He holds me, my heart, and my future securely in the palm of His hand. Following God isn’t normal to most of the world, but it’s really the greatest adventure you could ever have.'

Tory update
http://jesuscampmystory.com/tory/
'The experience with the young man in the church halfway across the country was one of God’s ways of showing me the movie was about something much bigger than myself. I also learned there were great things happening as a direct result from Jesus Camp. Yes, there were bad things which came from the film. There were lots of people who didn’t like it. There were several downright terrible things said about the film, including people in the film. However, the profound experience I had in the church in Virginia was enough to show me if Jesus Camp had radically changed only one person’s life for Him, it was all worth it. I was reminded the Bible says, “Who is going to harm you if you are eager to do good? But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed.”
[+] 1 user Likes freetoreason's post