Ruining my Saturday night by watching "Jesus Camp"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-11-2015, 12:44 PM
RE: Ruining my Saturday night by watching "Jesus Camp"
I will definitely be looking for more from him!

Thanks for sharing.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2015, 03:32 PM
(08-11-2015 11:19 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Abusive pricks. I've only seen snips of it.

He has a great deconversion story so far, I'm up to pt 5.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
19-11-2015, 04:27 AM
I wasn't as shocked as I thought I would be watching this. I guess the part that bothers me the most is when the kids are sitting there crying and swaying back and forth in that hypnotic trance like state. Also the part when the mom is trying to educate her child on Earth science, lol. I was actually part of a Pentacostal church in my teens and they had a camp sort of like this. I saw all the praying, crying, slapping, falling, jumping, etc. for the so-called holy ghost. Still, all in all it was a good watch.
19-11-2015, 06:08 AM
(19-04-2014 08:20 PM)Virgo Supercluster Wrote:  I don't know why I do this to myself. My heart breaks for all of the American home-schooled kids who are being taught that creationism is the truth, global warming is a lie, and so on. So, I go and watch a documentary about all of that on Netflix.

I've never seen myself as being an anti-theist. But, brainwashing kids and tormenting them with images of hell is so cruel and so worthy of our ridicule.

Have you guys seen it?

I mean, why?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
19-11-2015, 09:28 AM
I haven't seen the "Jesus Camp" thing..but I watched the documentary on HBO about Scientology. Yeah, they upped the ante on BatShit!!

“Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.”
― Optimus Prime