RE: Rule 5 is officially up
There, it's done.

Hughsie got to it before I could.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2013, 11:15 AM
(07-10-2013 11:12 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Oh FFS! That is EXACTLY the sentence to which I refer!! It does nothing but create confusion. Are you also going to add a sentence that says, "we can't give everyone cookies, but we'd sure like to!"?

OK, it's gone. Can everyone chill out and hug or something now?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
07-10-2013, 11:17 AM
(07-10-2013 11:15 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(07-10-2013 11:12 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Oh FFS! That is EXACTLY the sentence to which I refer!! It does nothing but create confusion. Are you also going to add a sentence that says, "we can't give everyone cookies, but we'd sure like to!"?

OK, it's gone. Can everyone chill out and hug or something now?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
07-10-2013, 11:19 AM

There better be cookies. Dodgy You fuckers

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
07-10-2013, 11:19 AM
And in future, just for the sake of my blood-pressure, can people who have access to the CH point these things out in the thread that gets posted in there for scrutiny like a week before it becomes official instead of waiting til we make it public?

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
07-10-2013, 11:20 AM
(07-10-2013 11:19 AM)kim Wrote:  There better be cookies. Dodgy You fuckers

You're a member of the team. I officially task you with providing all forum members with cookies. Yes

Best
Worst
07-10-2013, 11:20 AM
Can we now discuss what constitutes "overly" disruptive as opposed to "mildly" disruptive? Tongue

Too soon? Big Grin

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
07-10-2013, 11:21 AM
(07-10-2013 11:19 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  And in future, just for the sake of my blood-pressure, can people who have access to the CH point these things out in the thread that gets posted in there for scrutiny like a week before it becomes official instead of waiting til we make it public?

That's no fun.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
07-10-2013, 11:27 AM
(07-10-2013 11:20 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(07-10-2013 11:19 AM)kim Wrote:  There better be cookies. Dodgy You fuckers

You're a member of the team. I officially task you with providing all forum members with cookies. Yes

Patronize much? Drinking Beverage

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
07-10-2013, 11:30 AM
Having just become the first and only person in AsiaPacific to have qualified at the highest level of ... yeah, whatever, no one's interested.

I offer a suggestion:

The forum's Rules page should contain Principles and Policies.

Their purpose is to convey the governing body’s and management’s direction and instructions.
They are instruments to communicate the rules of the enterprise, in support of the governance objectives and enterprise values as defined by the board and executive management.
Differences between principles and policies –
Principles need to be limited in number and put in simple language, expressing as clearly as possible the core values of the enterprise.
Policies are more detailed guidance on how to put principles into practice.

The characteristics of good policies;
they should:
Be effective – achieve their purpose
Be efficient – especially when implementing them
Non-intrusive – Should make sense and be logical to those who have to comply with them.

Policies should have a mechanism (framework) in place where they can be effectively managed and users know where to go.
Specifically they should be:
Comprehensive, covering all required areas
Open and flexible allowing for easy adaptation and change.
Current and up to date.

The Good Practice requirements for policies and frameworks, are important, specifically:
Their Scope
Consequences of failing to comply with the policy
The means of handling exceptions
How they will be monitored.

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post