Rule Change To Allow Religious Headgear...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2017, 12:38 PM
Exclamation Rule Change To Allow Religious Headgear...
I consider this sort of thing to be yet another example of the insidious nature of the Islamic religionists to—literally—contaminate otherwise nominally Christian or largely secular Western societies...

Rule change will allow religious headgear during basketball games

[Image: 3991.jpg?w=620&q=20&auto...68a9c48a76]
East African Muslim girls practice basketball
In their new uniforms in Minneapolis.

One of the absurdities claimed is that hijabs, turbans and yarmulkes will "minimise the risk of injuries, and preserve the consistency of uniform colours".

Really? More so than this...

[Image: 553290_3493049322958_1173290628_33496420...3197_n.jpg]

American professional basketball player Breanna Stewart says: "I think it would mean a lot... Obviously with what’s going on in this world, we strive for equality. I think when you’re on the court or playing your sport, that’s your safe haven to get away from everything else that’s going on. It’s huge for them to be able to feel welcomed on the court and play".

—What the fuck does all that snivelling drivel mean? Angry

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2017, 01:06 PM
RE: Rule Change To Allow Religious Headgear...
This is great. Allowing girls who choose to wear head scarves a way to still interact with others is a net positive. Nobody is being forced to do anything they do not want to do, which in a free society is what we should strive for. Kudos to those that made this change.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 16 users Like Revenant77x's post
04-05-2017, 01:22 PM
(04-05-2017 01:06 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  This is great. Allowing girls who choose to wear head scarves a way to still interact with others is a net positive. Nobody is being forced to do anything they do not want to do, which in a free society is what we should strive for. Kudos to those that made this change.

Agreed, without such measures, those girls woudn't be practicing basket-ball in the first place which would be a shame since we could miss on some real talent there in addition to contributing further to the isolation of Muslim girls and women from society at large. How are we suppose to make them discover the virtues of self-confidence if we push them, inadvertently, outside of activities known to generate it in the first place.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 6 users Like epronovost's post
04-05-2017, 01:25 PM
I am happy with any clothing that does not obscure facial features.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 5 users Like Dom's post
04-05-2017, 01:34 PM
(04-05-2017 12:38 PM)SYZ Wrote:  I consider this sort of thing to be yet another example of the insidious nature of the Islamic religionists to—literally—contaminate otherwise nominally Christian or largely secular Western societies...

One of the absurdities claimed is that hijabs, turbans and yarmulkes will "minimise the risk of injuries, and preserve the consistency of uniform colours".

American professional basketball player Breanna Stewart says: "I think it would mean a lot... Obviously with what’s going on in this world, we strive for equality. I think when you’re on the court or playing your sport, that’s your safe haven to get away from everything else that’s going on. It’s huge for them to be able to feel welcomed on the court and play".

I think it's fine. I don't understand why you have a problem with this. The basketball headgear is kinda cute. How does this do you harm? Is it a requirement that you must be able to see their hair?

In fencing you do you think it's wrong they cover their face? Are you personally against swimcaps?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
04-05-2017, 01:36 PM
It'll be fun to see some FSM adherent head butt an opposing player whilst wearing his spaghetti colander......

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
04-05-2017, 01:38 PM
I'm cool with it. Chances are, those little gals are going to have enough problems dealing with the oppression of their own families. They don't need oppression to cone from outside.

They should be able to play with everyone else. It really is the point of freedom.

My grandma wore a babushka - not much difference. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
04-05-2017, 01:43 PM
(04-05-2017 01:38 PM)kim Wrote:  I'm cool with it. Chances are, those little gals are going to have enough problems dealing with the oppression of their own families. They don't need oppression to cone from outside.

They should be able to play with everyone else. It really is the point of freedom.

She wore an old woman????

(Yeah, yeah, I know....)

Tongue

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
04-05-2017, 01:43 PM
(04-05-2017 01:34 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(04-05-2017 12:38 PM)SYZ Wrote:  I consider this sort of thing to be yet another example of the insidious nature of the Islamic religionists to—literally—contaminate otherwise nominally Christian or largely secular Western societies...

I think it's fine. I don't understand why you have a problem with this. The basketball headgear is kinda cute. How does this do you harm? Is it a requirement that you must be able to see their hair?

In fencing you do you think it's wrong they cover their face? Are you personally against swimcaps?

If this was a must rather than a may I could understand being against it. That is the key difference to me, this is an option and options are good. All girls must wear head coverings and full length uniforms would be something to fight against because now they are not asking acceptance for themselves but forcing their views on others. As it stands I think it is nothing but a positive. The more marginalized groups get invited to join in a heterogeneous community the more they will begin the process of assimilation.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 6 users Like Revenant77x's post
04-05-2017, 01:50 PM
(04-05-2017 01:43 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(04-05-2017 01:38 PM)kim Wrote:  I'm cool with it. Chances are, those little gals are going to have enough problems dealing with the oppression of their own families. They don't need oppression to cone from outside.

She wore an old woman????

(Yeah, yeah, I know....)

Tongue

Yeah that word (the way you guys use and, more importantly, BUTCHER it) always makes me roll my eyes so hard, I get a migraine. Facepalm

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post