Poll: Rules Required?
Yes, because without order there is chaos.
No, I like to color outside the lines because I'm crazy.
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Rules Requirement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-11-2011, 08:18 PM
Rules Requirement
I am interested in saving a life today. I am voting for a new forum posting requirement for new members.

Make the forum rules like a terms of service agreement. Have them read it first and check the box at the bottom before any post. Is this zany and out there? Yes, but that's just how my shit rolls folks. Jump on the bandwagon and pick up an instrument. Were bandwagons originally meant as transports for large instruments? I don't know, but for now I'll assume so.

Listen kids, if we don't make this happen either Stark is going to die from head explosion or he's gonna kill someone. Let's save a life and vote for happiness.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-11-2011, 08:46 PM
RE: Rules Requirement
(28-11-2011 08:18 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I am interested in saving a life today. I am voting for a new forum posting requirement for new members.

Make the forum rules like a terms of service agreement. Have them read it first and check the box at the bottom before any post. Is this zany and out there? Yes, but that's just how my shit rolls folks. Jump on the bandwagon and pick up an instrument. Were bandwagons originally meant as transports for large instruments? I don't know, but for now I'll assume so.

Listen kids, if we don't make this happen either Stark is going to die from head explosion or he's gonna kill someone. Let's save a life and vote for happiness.

What the heck... sure... but you do know everyone is just going to scroll down without reading and check the box, right?

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
28-11-2011, 09:32 PM
Of course but at least then we can mock them openly when they make mistakes. The joy of humiliation needs more publicity.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like lucradis's post
28-11-2011, 09:33 PM
(28-11-2011 09:32 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Of course but at least then we can mock them openly when they make mistakes. The joy of humiliation needs more publicity.

I like the way you think.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
28-11-2011, 09:56 PM
(28-11-2011 08:46 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  What the heck... sure... but you do know everyone is just going to scroll down without reading and check the box, right?

If you really want to get annal about it, there is a such thing as putting a minimum time limit on it like 20 seconds. A person might as well read it as just sit there... or they just give up and go away. It makes it a real pain but you have to be serious about joining. Then just deny them access anyway as an act of humiliation.

That reminds me, I need to go read the rules.

oops.... Wink

Who can turn skies back and begin again?
29-11-2011, 04:37 AM
Unfortunately if it's a "click to agree" thingy, everyone skips it. I am thinking though.....I'm trying to figure out how to set it up so that unapproved accounts can ONLY post in the intro section. Then they won't be spread out all over. Deepthought, help a brother out?

Yes, my head is on the verge of explosion, and defacto, I am going to keel you.

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
29-11-2011, 04:41 AM
(29-11-2011 04:37 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Unfortunately if it's a "click to agree" thingy, everyone skips it. I am thinking though.....I'm trying to figure out how to set it up so that unapproved accounts can ONLY post in the intro section. Then they won't be spread out all over. Deepthought, help a brother out?

Yes, my head is on the verge of explosion, and defacto, I am going to keel you.

Until that time I have a proposal. Those who do not follow forum rules will receive my gifts. By gifts I mean me going into MAXIMUM OVERTROLL! The only way I stop is if they follow procedure.
Is that a good fail safe for now?

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post
29-11-2011, 04:51 AM
LOL, Hamata, you scare me man. I sure am glad you're on my side!

Naw, thing is, once their first post is approved, the rules that apply to new members are the same that apply to you guys...next to none. Thing is, when they post, their post shows up on my view, it's just blocked from yours so you don't have a big mess in front of you. Then when I approve them, I have to go through and approve all those posts they put up before they were approved or delete them (Half the time the posts consist of repeats because they don't see it, or "hey how come my posts don't show up")

You guys kinda made me feel better just givin me a soap box to bitch on though. Thanks.

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
29-11-2011, 05:53 AM
What are we talking about here? What is the post in question? I'm lost, but don't want to be...

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
29-11-2011, 06:40 AM
I see now. That does sound like a lot of work for any one individual... Did you notice what I said there? Any "ONE" individual. If you had others doing the task of sorting through the mess that the newbies make then you could focus on others matters...whatever they are. You could give these elected people the power to approve new members and nothing else well perhaps a flashy title or something.
What do you think?

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!