Rules in Witch communities

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-11-2012, 10:08 AM
Rules in Witch communities
I just made myself an email address so I can fake my identity on witchcraft forums and chats, so I can register without anyone recognizing me. I looked at German and English chats and forums. I wanted to read a little, probably post a little. Not trying to cause trouble, simply asking things (which would ultimatly cause trouble as far as I know). Just trying to check out if the community is (still) as accepting as I remember it.

So I found a few forums, I read the rules (I always read the rules) and that already pissed me off.
So here we go:

http://www.witcheschat.com/index.php

Quote:Debate about Wicca and Paganism

Witches Chat is not a room to debate the validity of Wicca, Paganism, spirituality, religion, faith, psionics, or Witches. If you question our beliefs, faith, or Goddess and God, please do not join the chat.
Atheists and Agnostics

Do not inject, hint, or suggest that our religion or any element of it is not valid. 99 percent of all bans are directed at Atheists and Agnostics. If you do not believe in a diety, PLEASE DO NOT ENTER. Witches Chat is not a democracy. In Witches Chat, Witches rule. Period.

http://www.traditionalwitchcraft.net/mod...Engagement
Quote:The forums are for the discussion of traditional Witchcraft and related topics. Discussions should be based on information and facts. Petty behavior and personal conflicts need to be left outside. The forums do not endorse or support any particular group or person and it is expected that those who come here do so as individuals and not in support of any group or person either offline or online. Simply put, you need to leave your politics at the door.

I am even too annoyed to just go and read some...

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2012, 10:22 AM
RE: Rules in Witch communities
Well, fear of questions is a sure sign of the weakness of one's beliefs (that's how I know that deep down I never actually believed... I think). The more defensive a person is, the weaker their position is and chances are, they know it...
(Which is why I love being an atheist and with atheists - they usually do not feel constantly threatened and on the defensive, trying to persuade everyone they're right, because deep down they fear that they are not).
Don't go wasting your time on places that annoy you, life's too short for that (though some people do enjoy it, I guess it all boils down to how masochistic a person isWink)

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
07-11-2012, 10:37 AM
But if they're witches, wouldn't they know that you're a troll just by casting a spell?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
07-11-2012, 12:39 PM
nono Erxomai. when I enter a chat or a forum and I start writing and interacting with people, my mind and their minds make a connection, and through this connection they can read my mind and intentions. That is how they know that I am a troll.
and this is exactly how I used to explain mindreading to people who asked me and to my student *head > wall*
[Image: smi20.gif]

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
07-11-2012, 12:47 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2012 12:58 PM by Bucky Ball.)
Rule #1 ;
Fly into a tree, YOU clean up the mess.

[Image: witch+in+tree+2.JPG]

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 7 users Like Bucky Ball's post
07-11-2012, 01:33 PM
(07-11-2012 10:08 AM)Leela Wrote:  
Quote:Debate about Wicca and Paganism

Witches Chat is not a room to debate the validity of Wicca, Paganism, spirituality, religion, faith, psionics, or Witches. If you question our beliefs, faith, or Goddess and God, please do not join the chat.
Atheists and Agnostics

Do not inject, hint, or suggest that our religion or any element of it is not valid. 99 percent of all bans are directed at Atheists and Agnostics. If you do not believe in a diety, PLEASE DO NOT ENTER. Witches Chat is not a democracy. In Witches Chat, Witches rule. Period.

... Well they're clear on who the enemy is Big Grin I believe in a diety Tongue Deity maybe not so much...
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
07-11-2012, 02:03 PM
Good grief, we are even hated by the Wicca and Pagan community...damn, we must really be bad. Evil_monster

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
07-11-2012, 02:55 PM
They offer a lot of interesting things on their sites.
  • become a psychic/medium
  • herbal remedies
  • how to cast spells
  • histories
  • mythologies
  • lunar cycles
  • self-help
  • candles, herbs, books, cds/dvds, bells, cloths, ink, altars, stones, runes, clothes, athames, mortar & pestles, singing bowls, chalices, jewellery, deities, amulets, talking boards, tarot cards, clowns, grotesques, bowls...
Okay, no, not clowns.

They offer interesting things. But they charge a lot for it!

Networking tool provided by the internet. Why not use it? They sell their items at butthurt values! All that's needed is a little extra ink saying 'For Entertainment Purposes Only'

Oh, and facts are out the window. I understand why they have their clubs with the signs 'No Atheists Allowed' - paganism/heathenism was my last stop before I found I didn't have a belief in a deity. Thor helped me out... the Marvel Comic book Thor.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
07-11-2012, 03:16 PM
(07-11-2012 02:03 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Good grief, we are even hated by the Wicca and Pagan community...damn, we must really be bad. Evil_monster
I hate us too, what does that say?

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
07-11-2012, 03:28 PM
(07-11-2012 03:16 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(07-11-2012 02:03 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Good grief, we are even hated by the Wicca and Pagan community...damn, we must really be bad. Evil_monster
I hate us too, what does that say?
When we're good, we're good. When we're bad, we're even better. Evil_monster

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]