Rules in Witch communities

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-11-2012, 05:17 PM
RE: Rules in Witch communities
(07-11-2012 02:55 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  They offer a lot of interesting things on their sites.
  • become a psychic/medium
  • herbal remedies
  • how to cast spells
  • histories
  • mythologies
  • lunar cycles
  • self-help
  • candles, herbs, books, cds/dvds, bells, cloths, ink, altars, stones, runes, clothes, athames, mortar & pestles, singing bowls, chalices, jewellery, deities, amulets, talking boards, tarot cards, clowns, grotesques, bowls...
Okay, no, not clowns.

They offer interesting things. But they charge a lot for it!

Networking tool provided by the internet. Why not use it? They sell their items at butthurt values! All that's needed is a little extra ink saying 'For Entertainment Purposes Only'

Oh, and facts are out the window. I understand why they have their clubs with the signs 'No Atheists Allowed' - paganism/heathenism was my last stop before I found I didn't have a belief in a deity. Thor helped me out... the Marvel Comic book Thor.
Although most of that list is bs, having read and written enough of that stuff myself during my times, you can learn at least one topic very well: psychology. Learn how to basically make a sheep out of pretty much everyone by simply tapping into what they like to hear and making it sound logic to them.
If I had to pick one thing, which I learnt about most during my witch time, it is psychology.
Just look at that list and remove what isn't psychology:
  • how to cast spells
  • mythologies
  • self-help
  • clowns
ok, maybe not clowns, but yeah..
And yes, most witchy stuff is overprized. I used to have an onlineshop with handmade stuff and other items. And I bough books for like 4 Euro or a candle for 50 cents, and I would see exactly that book in a regular onlineshop for 20 Euro and the candle for 5 Euro... crazy... But as long as there are idiots who buy, fine.
Some churches sell water *shrug*

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
30-11-2012, 01:03 PM
(07-11-2012 10:08 AM)Leela Wrote:  I just made myself an email address so I can fake my identity on witchcraft forums and chats, so I can register without anyone recognizing me. I looked at German and English chats and forums. I wanted to read a little, probably post a little. Not trying to cause trouble, simply asking things (which would ultimatly cause trouble as far as I know). Just trying to check out if the community is (still) as accepting as I remember it.

So I found a few forums, I read the rules (I always read the rules) and that already pissed me off.
So here we go:

http://www.witcheschat.com/index.php

Quote:Debate about Wicca and Paganism

Witches Chat is not a room to debate the validity of Wicca, Paganism, spirituality, religion, faith, psionics, or Witches. If you question our beliefs, faith, or Goddess and God, please do not join the chat.
Atheists and Agnostics

Do not inject, hint, or suggest that our religion or any element of it is not valid. 99 percent of all bans are directed at Atheists and Agnostics. If you do not believe in a diety, PLEASE DO NOT ENTER. Witches Chat is not a democracy. In Witches Chat, Witches rule. Period.

http://www.traditionalwitchcraft.net/mod...Engagement
Quote:The forums are for the discussion of traditional Witchcraft and related topics. Discussions should be based on information and facts. Petty behavior and personal conflicts need to be left outside. The forums do not endorse or support any particular group or person and it is expected that those who come here do so as individuals and not in support of any group or person either offline or online. Simply put, you need to leave your politics at the door.

I am even too annoyed to just go and read some...

I will gladly debate Witchcraft with anyone that wishes to do so, I love a good discussion/debate and it allows me to see the flaws in my own beliefs and practices or it would allow me to strengthen them, right now I consider myself to be a Witch as how I was raised to be one and I am also a Satanist, I am working hard to explore both concepts and see if there are any contradictions between the two ideas or can they be meshed together to form a cohesive whole?
Witches who dont want to debate remind me of Christians who dont want to debate, maybe they are afraid that their position is weaker than they want us to believe or maybe they are afraid to lose their faith but in my case, I would just find a different place that fit better for who I am and where I am.
Find all posts by this user
30-11-2012, 01:06 PM
(07-11-2012 10:37 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  But if they're witches, wouldn't they know that you're a troll just by casting a spell?

Hopefully this post was made out of sarcasm and not ignorance. Spells and Magic are using natural energies that exist inside of us and around us to bring about change. You are perhaps thinking that Witches would know a troll by using Psychic abilities and I cant speak for that, while I believe we are all born with 6 senses and the 6th one being Intuition, I dont always know when someone is something that they are not on the internet but in person I can tell just by looking at their facial expression, like the Tv show on FOX-Lie to me, there is a way to tell.
30-11-2012, 01:12 PM
(07-11-2012 02:55 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  They offer a lot of interesting things on their sites.
  • herbal remedies
  • how to cast spells
  • histories
  • mythologies
  • lunar cycles
  • self-help
  • candles, herbs, books, cds/dvds, bells, cloths, ink, altars, stones, runes, clothes, athames, mortar & pestles, singing bowls, chalices, jewellery, deities, amulets, talking boards, tarot cards, clowns, grotesques, bowls...
Okay, no, not clowns.

Networking tool provided by the internet. Why not use it? They sell their items at butthurt values! All that's needed is a little extra ink saying 'For Entertainment Purposes Only'

Oh, and facts are out the window. I understand why they have their clubs with the signs 'No Atheists Allowed' - paganism/heathenism was my last stop before I found I didn't have a belief in a deity. Thor helped me out... the Marvel Comic book Thor.

Well, you didnt have to leave Paganism just because you dont have a deity, There are plenty of Naturalistic Pagans and Witches out there! A Witch is someone who practices Magic in whatever form and seeks to attune themselves with the natural world, often times following a Goddess (at least) and a God but The Goddess can be seen as The Universe/Nature and The Elements and Energies that exist in Nature.
I charge for classes myself because I am taking my time and energy to teach someone but I do take trade and I try not to gouge the shit out of people I know cant afford my services and classes.
30-11-2012, 01:36 PM
So magic works right ?

What kinda spells can you do, are they reliable, and how do you know if they've worked ?
30-11-2012, 02:06 PM
You still believe in magic?

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
30-11-2012, 02:11 PM
I'd like to debate with you, Irishdize. Boxing ring?

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
30-11-2012, 02:46 PM
Irishdize, we can debate if you want. I opened a boxing ring just for us here. If you type that you will accept we just got to wait until it is locked for everyone else.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...is-for-you

I basically grew up a witch myself (mostly) so we have a similar background here, just I left the faith, you didn't.

EDIT: oh, sorry cheapthrillseaker, I saw your comment too late...

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
30-11-2012, 06:25 PM (This post was last modified: 30-11-2012 06:53 PM by cheapthrillseaker.)
No, it's not. Irishdize left it open to anyone. Big Grin

Have fun you two! I think I'll use the debate to see how you both do, what your strengths and weaknesses are respectively in the debate. If a subject comes up that wasn't debated in depth, I might take it up. Or I might take another approach completely. Who knows. Angel Evil_monster

[+] 2 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
01-12-2012, 12:05 PM
(30-11-2012 01:12 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  
  • herbal remedies
  • how to cast spells
  • histories
  • mythologies
  • lunar cycles
  • self-help
Okay, no, not clowns.

Well, you didnt have to leave Paganism just because you dont have a deity, There are plenty of Naturalistic Pagans and Witches out there! A Witch is someone who practices Magic in whatever form and seeks to attune themselves with the natural world, often times following a Goddess (at least) and a God but The Goddess can be seen as The Universe/Nature and The Elements and Energies that exist in Nature.
I charge for classes myself because I am taking my time and energy to teach someone but I do take trade and I try not to gouge the shit out of people I know cant afford my services and classes.
Key word here is belief.

Are you trying to get me to join your classes? Consider Or just getting the word out that you are lenient to your clients for costs in these courses?

How about no? Laughat