Run The Gauntlet

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 2 Average
21-02-2013, 03:51 PM
RE: Run The Gauntlet
(21-02-2013 03:49 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:So you actually haven't read a book on evolution written by an evolutionary biologist after all, thanks for clearing that up.
Well, of course I have.
The EB book PJ read most recently had contradictions in it, plus the source was biased and unreliable, so I had to reject it. It contained "evidence" that was both falsifiable and not verifiable, especially since it conjectured about events not just mere thousands but millions of years ago.
Quote:Michael Behe and his book "Darwin's Black Box" have been entirely discredited in front of a US federal court. Have you never heard of the Kitzmiller v.Dover trial?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but ID being found to not be a science was the ruling. No one stated Dr. Behe who appeared as an expert witness for the ID side was being fraudulent, disingenuine or unscientific. Perhaps you have some court transcripts you'd like to present.

Speaking of contradictions, mind re-reading what you just posted?

If something is falsifiable then it is verifiable to a point.

If someone is doing something that is not considered science, they are being unscientific.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-02-2013, 03:53 PM
Quote:This entire thread is completely pointless. We all know he has no evidence for god, and we all know with good reason, that there is some entity posting as the people they claim to be. If that were not so, there would be no posts.
Oh, my, I didn't proffer evidence for God, I offered proof for God, and for Jesus above that. Surely you, mighty intellectual that you are, is able to offer mere evidence (see how I've had to lower my discerning standards?) that you or I exist...? Pity.
To get a student movie discount, one must display, pardon the pun "ID". To get unemployment, one must provide evidence for prior employment. If you cannot offer evidence that you are for real, I cannot, based on my scriptures which I adhere to, provide proof for Jesus. One might as well be Francis of Assisi and preaching to the birds!
Please try again.
21-02-2013, 03:53 PM
(21-02-2013 03:49 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Well, of course I have.
The EB book PJ read most recently had contradictions in it, plus the source was biased and unreliable, so I had to reject it. It contained "evidence" that was both falsifiable and not verifiable, especially since it conjectured about events not just mere thousands but millions of years ago.
And which book would that be?

(21-02-2013 03:49 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Correct me if I'm wrong, but ID being found to not be a science was the ruling. No one stated Dr. Behe who appeared as an expert witness for the ID side was being fraudulent, disingenuine or unscientific. Perhaps you have some court transcripts you'd like to present.
I doubt that you're actually going to watch it, but here you go.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
21-02-2013, 03:55 PM
Quote:A mature adult mentality will take the steps to help repair the harm that they did.
They take responsibility for their actions.
They admit their wrong doing and accept the consequences of their actions.
Lovely. If you exist, perhaps you'd prove it and prove your maturity by apologizing to PJ for all the ad homs and insults. You've hurt PJ's feelings and PJ is sobbing in the corner. Ready, set, go!
21-02-2013, 03:58 PM
(21-02-2013 03:55 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:A mature adult mentality will take the steps to help repair the harm that they did.
Lovely. If you exist, perhaps you'd prove it and prove your maturity by apologizing to PJ for all the ad homs and insults. You've hurt PJ's feelings and PJ is sobbing in the corner. Ready, set, go!

Re read the previous posts. All of them.

Are you planning on maintaining your standard of evidence when you give proof for god? My guess is not. Double standards are typical when this type of thing flares up.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

21-02-2013, 04:01 PM
tl;dr

So has he proved god yet? I'm guessing no.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
21-02-2013, 04:10 PM
[Image: Trollface.png]

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 6 users Like Phaedrus's post
21-02-2013, 04:14 PM
(21-02-2013 02:08 PM)kim Wrote:  
(21-02-2013 08:03 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Kim, I find your lack of faith disturbing.
My lack of faith should not disturb you; it doesn't require anything of you personally.
I have no need to see you abandon your faith, solely to regard my lack of faith to be of equal import.

That you should squander your faith to construct a pissing contest? I used to think that somewhat disturbing but it seems to be the standard of the "faithful" so, I usually try to ignore it. Shy

I love it when you get all unholier than thou. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-02-2013, 04:52 PM (This post was last modified: 21-02-2013 05:16 PM by fstratzero.)
(21-02-2013 03:55 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
I am thinking, therefore I exist

The funny thing is unlike god I have evidence of my existence, photos, screen names, videos, and my physical presence.

God has a book, he telepathically told people to write, mostly concerning how people should behave, which is sometimes a parody of history..

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
21-02-2013, 05:24 PM
I have never asked any of my believer friends to PROVE to me that a God exists. I see no reason for believers to ask me to prove one DOES NOT exist either. I don't think there is any way to actually prove either statement is true. And if it's true that when I die and I find the so-called truth, then I'm ready to say, "Huh. So you DO exist. I regret nothing."

I find that highly unlikely. I will cease to exist. I would rather spend my life to the fullest and be happy knowing I stayed true to myself than worrying everyday that I sinned and I'm going to burn in Hell.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
[+] 2 users Like Peanut's post