Run The Gauntlet

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 2 Average
22-02-2013, 10:35 AM
RE: Run The Gauntlet
Quote:So im basically wasting my time then (well I knew that anyway but im a sucker sometimes)
You did say something quite telling though so I did get something out of it "I want to convert real people" is what you said.

May I politely say to go fuck your conversion methods elsewhere.
1. How can it be "wasting your time" since you've invested zero time in proving your existence? I think you're just being spurious or lazy. Let's redact your question to "Why should I have to lift one little finger to get God or His followers to do what I want?" If that's how you treat all your relationships you'd be a lonely fellow.

2. I want to learn, that's why I'm here. But proving God exists is an apologetic tool for conversion. Your Atheist brethren requested same!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2013, 10:36 AM

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
22-02-2013, 10:40 AM
Quote:Evidence for the existence of people on this forum has been provided in the form of photographic evidence. You aren't even able to meet this ridiculously low standard because you're unable to give us photographic evidence of your particular god. I could even go as far as offering you a Skype voice or video call, which would prove my existence beyond a reasonable doubt. Just like in the last example, you wouldn't be able to provide me with auditory or visual evidence of your particular god.
Um, how do I know those photos are real? I posted Willy Wonka photos here, how do you know I'm not Gene Wilder? If you provided me a video call, would you really physically resemble your Avatar? Smile
There is both auditory and visual evidence of my God. Perhaps, though, we should start with your dad's heart disease. I'll pray about it. Really, I will.
22-02-2013, 10:43 AM
Re: RE: Run The Gauntlet
(22-02-2013 10:34 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:Okay here's one way that I can prove I'm not you PleaseJesus: what's my uncle's name? You'd know the answer if I and you are the same. Simple, no? There's no feasible way for you to answer it correctly if you're not me and also no way not know it if you are.
Your uncle's name is Ronald. That was easy.

lol. I'm not a McDonald

Better without God, and happier too.
22-02-2013, 10:47 AM
(22-02-2013 10:36 AM)fstratzero Wrote:  

Strat, that video does raise some serious issues. But as has been posted to this thread, you can't get two Atheists to agree on most anything because they're individuals. You can't get two Lord-of-the-Ringers to agree whether the films were as good as the books or whether the Balrogs had wings... but you want all Christians to interpret the Bible accurately and live in the light of what it says? As if they had no free will?

Well, Jesus has touched PJ's heart. PJ has been rescued, so PJ is yet to kill his first infidel, embark on his first crusade, or commit his first atrocity. If only Jesus had touched about three hearts in the 20th you-know-what 100 Million would have lived longer... tsk, tsk, says he.
22-02-2013, 10:49 AM
(22-02-2013 10:43 AM)Azaraith Wrote:  
(22-02-2013 10:34 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Your uncle's name is Ronald. That was easy.

lol. I'm not a McDonald
LOL. Now we both have anecdotal comments, I say, "Ronald", you say, "Not Ronald". People do the same with God/Not God. What to do? How can I prove I'm right, Mr. Reagan?
22-02-2013, 10:53 AM
You do all realize why this thread is entitled "Run the Gauntlet" right ?
It gives PJ practice in dodging. That's all this thread is meant for.

He's not here to answer questions or to examine his own reasons for believing what he believes.
He just wants practice in deflecting and being dishonest.

He has to cut his teeth somewhere right ?
Great liars aren't born, they have to be taught.

George Costanza: Jerry, just remember, it’s not a lie if you truly believe it.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
22-02-2013, 10:54 AM
(22-02-2013 10:35 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:So im basically wasting my time then (well I knew that anyway but im a sucker sometimes)
You did say something quite telling though so I did get something out of it "I want to convert real people" is what you said.

May I politely say to go fuck your conversion methods elsewhere.
1. How can it be "wasting your time" since you've invested zero time in proving your existence? I think you're just being spurious or lazy. Let's redact your question to "Why should I have to lift one little finger to get God or His followers to do what I want?" If that's how you treat all your relationships you'd be a lonely fellow.

2. I want to learn, that's why I'm here. But proving God exists is an apologetic tool for conversion. Your Atheist brethren requested same!
Im wasting my time in wanting to hear your proof of god. Because like all religions there is allways rules and you are no exception by adding the need to prove that "I exist". Im guessing that you are going down the route saying that the methods we use to prove our own existence is somehow intimately related to to how we prove that god exists.

Which means you yourself have no solid proof, I dont think you thought that far ahead though.

Why cant you just give simple answers? Why do you have to wrap it up and word it in silly little ways and riddles? You want to learn? Then look at yourself and look at this conversation. You want to learn yet all of these conversations are just hollow and meaningless that teaches nobody anything... your not in anyway close to converting anybody on here... you will never realise how futile that effort is, it would be like me convincing you that god doesn't exist.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
22-02-2013, 10:55 AM
(22-02-2013 10:40 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Um, how do I know those photos are real? I posted Willy Wonka photos here, how do you know I'm not Gene Wilder? If you provided me a video call, would you really physically resemble your Avatar? Smile
Am I to take it that you're being stupidly dense on purpose? Why would my avatar need to resemble my actual appearance?

(22-02-2013 10:40 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  There is both auditory and visual evidence of my God.
Go ahead and prove it.

(22-02-2013 10:40 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Perhaps, though, we should start with your dad's heart disease. I'll pray about it. Really, I will.
My dad doesn't have a heart disease. What the fuck are you talking about?

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
22-02-2013, 10:57 AM
Quote:He's not here to answer questions or to examine his own reasons for believing what he believes.
He just wants practice in deflecting and being dishonest.

Et, tu, brute! Why are YOU at this forum? Are you here to answer questions and examine your reasons for belief? Apparently, not. Perhaps we should both logout forever.

So here it is, I will answer your question, "Can you prove God exists?" when you answer my challenge, "Give evidence that either I or you or both exist..."

PLUS I let YOU choose what constitutes evidence plus YOU can define terms. Now what could be simpler than that? Sorry about the SMALL hoop to jump through but my God has a few small hoops. Hula away, brother!