Run The Gauntlet

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 2 Average
22-02-2013, 10:59 AM (This post was last modified: 22-02-2013 11:05 AM by PleaseJesus.)
RE: Run The Gauntlet
Quote:Im wasting my time in wanting to hear your proof of god. Because like all religions there is allways rules and you are no exception by adding the need to prove that "I exist". Im guessing that you are going down the route saying that the methods we use to prove our own existence is somehow intimately related to to how we prove that god exists.

Which means you yourself have no solid proof, I dont think you thought that far ahead though.

Why cant you just give simple answers? Why do you have to wrap it up and word it in silly little ways and riddles? You want to learn? Then look at yourself and look at this conversation. You want to learn yet all of these conversations are just hollow and meaningless that teaches nobody anything... your not in anyway close to converting anybody on here... you will never realise how futile that effort is, it would be like me convincing you that god doesn't exist.
Um, if you don't understand philosophically why you need to exist before you can have a superior being to be accountable to, you're right. If not, I'd say just like a college degree takes X years but benefits you for Y years, learning about God is not a waste of time and it may take X days or years but benefits you for Y years.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2013, 11:04 AM
Quote:Am I to take it that you're being stupidly dense on purpose? Why would my avatar need to resemble my actual appearance?
Because 1) I am that dense. I think that Fstrat is Mister Spock's twin. 2) Because what is the use of a videoconference call without a birth certificate, or other federal ID? How do I know you're not a Poe of a videocaller? Now, that IS a serious question underlying how we know what we know to be true.
Quote:Go ahead and prove it.
Yes, sir, or M'aam, or whoever you are. As soon as I get something better than photos from who-knows-who to prove you exist!!! Why are you being so obtuse?
Quote:My dad doesn't have a heart disease.
Your spiritual dad. You know, the author or the ascended master or whoever told you first about Atheism. It's a learnt behavior, you know. And spare us ALL the Wikipedia posts and scientific pseudo-babble if you would from your survey of babies under 1-year-old that clearly show they're born Atheist. Jesus touches hearts.
22-02-2013, 11:05 AM

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
22-02-2013, 11:06 AM
(22-02-2013 10:59 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  ....learning about God is not a waste of time...
Which god? There has been thousands throughout history? Yours is fairly recent.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
22-02-2013, 11:06 AM
(19-02-2013 03:31 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Of course, this was ignored elsewhere, so why not a new thread?

I'll prove to anyone on this forum that God exists--and go one better, Jesus is the Messiah and God, if they can prove that they exist.

Thumbsup Thumbsup Thank you in advance.
Can you read my reply? If so, then you know I exist because otherwise there would be nothing for you to see or read. I have said nothing about what I am, but you didn't require that.

You're turn. Drinking Beverage

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
22-02-2013, 11:11 AM
Re: RE: Run The Gauntlet
(22-02-2013 10:49 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(22-02-2013 10:43 AM)Azaraith Wrote:  lol. I'm not a McDonald
LOL. Now we both have anecdotal comments, I say, "Ronald", you say, "Not Ronald". People do the same with God/Not God. What to do? How can I prove I'm right, Mr. Reagan?

Except that there aren't 100s of different groups that all claim to know my uncle, but can't agree on what his name is, how tall he is, what color hair he has, etc. and there is a definite way to determine all of those facts for certain. Put all those together and you have data, not anecdotes.

It's the opposite for god - everyone disagrees and the objective truth cannot be found - even authors of different books of the bible disagree.

Better without God, and happier too.
22-02-2013, 11:11 AM
(22-02-2013 11:06 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(19-02-2013 03:31 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Of course, this was ignored elsewhere, so why not a new thread?

I'll prove to anyone on this forum that God exists--and go one better, Jesus is the Messiah and God, if they can prove that they exist.

Thumbsup Thumbsup Thank you in advance.
Can you read my reply? If so, then you know I exist because otherwise there would be nothing for you to see or read. I have said nothing about what I am, but you didn't require that.

You're turn. Drinking Beverage
Since PJ has said we can pick our definitions? What he said. Only I said it first. Nyah! As a bonus, a great many other parties (including any friends of yours you might ask) can view these forums and confirm your observation.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
22-02-2013, 11:18 AM
Wow. 15 pages, and SexuallyPleasingJebus' little stunt seems to have gone off the rails. The criteria, and the definitions, SPJ. Let's have them. Or are you just gonna make yourself look stupid all day ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
22-02-2013, 11:30 AM
(22-02-2013 11:04 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Because 1) I am that dense. I think that Fstrat is Mister Spock's twin. 2) Because what is the use of a videoconference call without a birth certificate, or other federal ID? How do I know you're not a Poe of a videocaller? Now, that IS a serious question underlying how we know what we know to be true.
Showing you my ID through a video chat does not constitute a problem.

Also, do you realize that using the term "poe" in this context makes no sense whatsoever?

(22-02-2013 11:04 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Yes, sir, or M'aam, or whoever you are. As soon as I get something better than photos from who-knows-who to prove you exist!!! Why are you being so obtuse?
Actually, you have the burden of proof wholly apart from what anyone else does. You have made the claim that there is visual and auditory evidence to support the existence of your god, so you can either put up the evidence or shut up, DishonestJesus.

(22-02-2013 11:04 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Your spiritual dad. You know, the author or the ascended master or whoever told you first about Atheism. It's a learnt behavior, you know. And spare us ALL the Wikipedia posts and scientific pseudo-babble if you would from your survey of babies under 1-year-old that clearly show they're born Atheist. Jesus touches hearts.
Please substantiate the boldly marked assumptions.

Furthermore, do you care to elaborate on how saying "Jesus touches hearts." disproves that babies are born as atheists because they don't have any knowledge of religions and gods in the first place?

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post
22-02-2013, 11:36 AM
Of course Jesus touches hearts. Just look at all the little Hindu babies and Muslim babies and Buddhist babies he's touched... Oh wait, that wasn't the heart. JESUS! Jesus, no! We talked about this! The pope will be very upset if you start another scandal! Jesus!!!!

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post