Run The Gauntlet

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 2 Average
22-02-2013, 11:42 AM
Re: Run The Gauntlet
Still avoiding it. Shift of the burden of proof again.

And you have all the evidence in front of you to prove I am not you, just because you refuse to look in the mirror or at your own fingers as you type a reply, does not mean you can claim the dishonest position of saying that I can't prove I am not you.

As far as trying to prove what you believe, seriously? How is that not the most obvious deflection and shift of the burden of proof in existence?

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2013, 11:43 AM

And you have all the evidence in front of you to prove I am not you, just because you refuse to look in the mirror or at your own fingers as you type a reply, does not mean you can claim the dishonest position of saying that I can't prove I am not you.

As far as trying to prove what you believe, seriously? How is that not the most obvious deflection and shift of the burden of proof in existence?

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
22-02-2013, 11:43 AM

—Thomas Henry Huxley
22-02-2013, 11:44 AM

—Thomas Henry Huxley
22-02-2013, 11:45 AM
Oops.

—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 3 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
22-02-2013, 11:47 AM
RE: Run The Gauntlet
(19-02-2013 03:45 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:Something that exists, interacts with they physical universe. My existence can be proven by the fact that I am currently interacting with the physical universe by manipulating electrons so as to generate this sentence on any screen that happens to open up this page. Therefore, whatever entity wrote this, exists. Irregardless of who I claim to be.
And how do we know GOD isn't the entity that is writing your entry? And how do we know I didn't write your entry, the originator of the challenge? Sigh. That was a quick win for me. Please try again.
I just realized that way back on page 1 TheBeardedDude had already written almost the same thing that I said. So then this quote will likely be PJ's response to me. So...

If God really wrote my entry, then I apparently am God. Or if PJ wrote the entry, I am apparently PJ. Or, at the very least, two or three of us are part of the same existence. But, of course, none of that negates MY existence.

Quick win indeed. Dodgy I'm still waiting for that proof of Jesus being God. Drinking Beverage

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
22-02-2013, 11:52 AM
(22-02-2013 11:47 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(19-02-2013 03:45 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  And how do we know GOD isn't the entity that is writing your entry? And how do we know I didn't write your entry, the originator of the challenge? Sigh. That was a quick win for me. Please try again.
I just realized that way back on page 1 TheBeardedDude had already written almost the same thing that I said. So then this quote will likely be PJ's response to me. So...

If God really wrote my entry, then I apparently am God. Or if PJ wrote the entry, I am apparently PJ. Or, at the very least, two or three of us are part of the same existence. But, of course, none of that negates MY existence.

Quick win indeed. Dodgy I'm still waiting for that proof of Jesus being God. Drinking Beverage
You people dont exist, your all apart of a computer program called the interweb....designed to entertain me......AMUSE ME INTERWEB!

Arguing with a Christian is a lot like playing chess with a pigeon. You can be the greatest player in the world, yet the pigeon will knock over all the pieces, shit on the board and strut away triumphantly.
22-02-2013, 11:55 AM
Quote:Can you read my reply? If so, then you know I exist because otherwise there would be nothing for you to see or read. I have said nothing about what I am, but you didn't require that.

You're turn.
My turn (again, since you are also my turn)? I imagined you. I made you write the reply. You have no free will. You may have my turn again to go next.
Quote:Except that there aren't 100s of different groups that all claim to know my uncle, but can't agree on what his name is, how tall he is, what color hair he has, etc. and there is a definite way to determine all of those facts for certain. Put all those together and you have data, not anecdotes.

It's the opposite for god - everyone disagrees and the objective truth cannot be found - even authors of different books of the bible disagree.
How many must disagree to invalidate? I can find more people to say different names for your uncle. You would call them liars and dishonest. Does that help you understand how Christians feel about other religious texts?

Quote:Showing you my ID through a video chat does not constitute a problem.

Also, do you realize that using the term "poe" in this context makes no sense whatsoever?
No, because you don't exist, I don't exist, and we're all in a Matrix. Oh! And all truth is subjective, but mine is relatively truer than yours. Good?
Quote:Actually, you have the burden of proof wholly apart from what anyone else does. You have made the claim that there is visual and auditory evidence to support the existence of your god, so you can either put up the evidence or shut up, DishonestJesus.
Um, that's because you offered visual and auditory proof of your existence, first. You show yours and I'll show mine! LOL.
Quote:Please substantiate the boldly marked assumptions.

Furthermore, do you care to elaborate on how saying "Jesus touches hearts." disproves that babies are born as atheists because they don't have any knowledge of religions and gods in the first place?
Now, you're not saying you invented Atheism, are you? Where did you first hear or use the term, please? And it is a learnt concept. You're about to prove it by telling us you've always known that you've been MISSING SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T EXIST. Like, you were a little boy and you said, "Gee, where's this God everyone keeps talking about. I can't see Him..." It's a learnt behavior in opposition to what was taught. You're a paradigm shifter, right?
Quote:Furthermore, do you care to elaborate on how saying "Jesus touches hearts." disproves that babies are born as atheists because they don't have any knowledge of religions and gods in the first place?
Huh? You didn't know Jesus touches babies' hearts? You've never heard of the Akashic Records or 100 other baby/God traditions?

Quote:Still avoiding it. Shift of the burden of proof again.
Sorry, I am looking at my fingers... now... but... how, do I know, I'm not... you...? Didn't you see that TV show where the dissociatve personality lives a double life? Am I you...? Oh, no! I posted the same thing four times... oops.

Quote:If God really wrote my entry, then I apparently am God. Or if PJ wrote the entry, I am apparently PJ. Or, at the very least, two or three of us are part of the same existence. But, of course, none of that negates MY existence.

Quick win indeed. I'm still waiting for that proof of Jesus being God.
Well, since you're God, I'll say you're Jesus Christ also. That was easy. Quick win, eh?

Quote:You people dont exist, your all apart of a computer program called the interweb....designed to entertain me......AMUSE ME INTERWEB!
Don't say that... don't let him say that, freethinkers... it undermines you and helps affirm my point. Anyone want to guess the purpose of this thread? A.S. was close...
22-02-2013, 12:11 PM
(22-02-2013 11:55 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  No, because you don't exist, I don't exist, and we're all in a Matrix. Oh! And all truth is subjective, but mine is relatively truer than yours. Good?
No, because it's still your mere unsupported opinion.

(22-02-2013 11:55 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Um, that's because you offered visual and auditory proof of your existence, first. You show yours and I'll show mine! LOL.
As I've said previously, you have already made the claim, thus you have the burden of proof to provide evidence for it. Go on, DishonestJesus.

(22-02-2013 11:55 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Now, you're not saying you invented Atheism, are you? Where did you first hear or use the term, please?
A couple of weeks after I deconverted from Christianity.

(22-02-2013 11:55 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  And it is a learnt concept. You're about to prove it by telling us you've always known that you've been MISSING SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T EXIST. Like, you were a little boy and you said, "Gee, where's this God everyone keeps talking about. I can't see Him..." It's a learnt behavior in opposition to what was taught. You're a paradigm shifter, right?
I didn't say "restate your assumptions", I said "substantiate your assumptions". Jeez, it's like I'm arguing with a mentally challenged child.

(22-02-2013 11:55 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Huh? You didn't know Jesus touches babies' hearts? You've never heard of the Akashic Records or 100 other baby/God traditions?
No, I have not.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
22-02-2013, 12:17 PM
And yet, one must exist in order to write anything or have a personality disorder.

And you ignore the request again.

—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post