Run The Gauntlet

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 2 Average
22-02-2013, 01:52 PM
RE: Run The Gauntlet
(22-02-2013 10:47 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(22-02-2013 10:36 AM)fstratzero Wrote:  

Strat, that video does raise some serious issues. But as has been posted to this thread, you can't get two Atheists to agree on most anything because they're individuals. You can't get two Lord-of-the-Ringers to agree whether the films were as good as the books or whether the Balrogs had wings... but you want all Christians to interpret the Bible accurately and live in the light of what it says? As if they had no free will?

Well, Jesus has touched PJ's heart. PJ has been rescued, so PJ is yet to kill his first infidel, embark on his first crusade, or commit his first atrocity. If only Jesus had touched about three hearts in the 20th you-know-what 100 Million would have lived longer... tsk, tsk, says he.
Rolleyes

The video simply was a joke, not to be taken seriously. I felt like some comic relief could help move the conversation along.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2013, 01:59 PM (This post was last modified: 22-02-2013 02:04 PM by Vosur.)
(22-02-2013 01:40 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Yes, I've already made the claim that all you need to do is prove you exist and then I'll... oh, never mind.
I'm going to assume that you're not intentionally lying this time. It could be the fault of your bad memory after all. Rolleyes

Either way, here's what you actually wrote:

(22-02-2013 10:40 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Um, how do I know those photos are real? I posted Willy Wonka photos here, how do you know I'm not Gene Wilder? If you provided me a video call, would you really physically resemble your Avatar? Smile
There is both auditory and visual evidence of my God. Perhaps, though, we should start with your dad's heart disease. I'll pray about it. Really, I will.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
22-02-2013, 02:12 PM
Documented evidence (ie my birth certificate, social security card, medical record, blood donation record, voting record) says that I exist. In addition, things like report cards can place me in a certain place at a certain time. I also have a handy little passport given to me by my government that says I exist... it even has my picture on it!

Another easy solution: I can get on Skype right now and video chat. Similarly, I can take a billion pictures of myself on a webcam and post them. I even have a neat little family tree that traces my ancestors back to Europe through various documents that prove their existence.

Ball's in your court, OP.
22-02-2013, 02:19 PM
Quote:But I never claimed to be God in actuality, I simply claimed to exist and proved it.
How did you do so, exactly? When I imagined you wrote a post responding to my post? Please explain.
22-02-2013, 02:27 PM
(22-02-2013 12:17 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  And yet, one must exist in order to write anything or have a personality disorder.

And you ignore the request again.
[Image: 200592788.gif]

I think that you believe you have some undefeatable point, but you're falling flat on your ass trying to make it.

And don't mind me, I'm still just waiting.
[Image: 1232571374_b9eb036.gif]

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
22-02-2013, 02:48 PM
Are we dealing with another NamIloveyou or just a run of the mill loon?

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
22-02-2013, 02:51 PM
I only know that PJ does not want to actually give his definition because he knows it will either be bullshit (so ambiguous so as to be pointless) or that it will be so easy to tear apart it will be like...well...like this
[Image: 1329760397_tank_vs_car.gif]

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
22-02-2013, 02:56 PM
Watching PJ in this thread is also a bit like this.

He seems to think he is starting off on a high note, but one fail leads to more. And all recorded for our enjoyment.
[Image: 1330361789_trampoline_double_fail.gif]

(I may be addicted to these gifs, someone help me)

—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
22-02-2013, 03:19 PM
(22-02-2013 02:51 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I only know that PJ does not want to actually give his definition because he knows it will either be bullshit (so ambiguous so as to be pointless) or that it will be so easy to tear apart it will be like...well...like this
[Image: 1329760397_tank_vs_car.gif]

Go tank! kick that cars ass!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
22-02-2013, 03:26 PM
LOL. Funny graphics. PJ has a sense of humor. No, seriously, he do.
Quote:Documented evidence (ie my birth certificate, social security card, medical record, blood donation record, voting record) says that I exist. In addition, things like report cards can place me in a certain place at a certain time. I also have a handy little passport given to me by my government that says I exist... it even has my picture on it!

Another easy solution: I can get on Skype right now and video chat. Similarly, I can take a billion pictures of myself on a webcam and post them. I even have a neat little family tree that traces my ancestors back to Europe through various documents that prove their existence.

Ball's in your court, OP.
And how would those you chatted with know you are you and I am I? Stated another way, if you post 1 B pictures here of you at this forum, how will we all know you and not I posted them and that your signature is not actually me?
Ball back to you, sir.