Run The Gauntlet

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 2 Average
23-02-2013, 06:19 AM
RE: Run The Gauntlet
(23-02-2013 04:41 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(22-02-2013 01:40 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Yes, I've already made the claim that all you need to do is prove you exist and then I'll... oh, never mind.
Stating that you are letting the others define the evidence, isn't actually doing the other side a favor such as you act like you are doing. That's why often when starting debates, people will ask believers to provide evidence of God demonstrating himself in having an effect in the world. If that isn't the relation they state God has then the argument can be adjusted toward understanding the case attempting to be made.

If you wanted to be honest in your concept of this debate. You would provide the rest of us evidence/proof that YOU exist.. Therefore clarifying what your criteria would be for the defining. So far, some people have argued, some have tried to give evidence but you wrote it off as not sufficient. Well provide an example and others will follow; otherwise, there is no evidence to even take you as being reasonable in this thread.
"Hey guys, I just discovered something! But you have to find the evidence yourself."

- Said no scientist, logical person or remotely sane human ever.

Science, logic and how they destroy religious arguments @ http://scepticalprophet.wordpress.com/

To surrender to ignorance and call it God has always been premature, and it remains premature today.
- Isaac Asimov.
Faith means not wanting to know what is true.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 11 users Like Sceptical Prophet's post
23-02-2013, 08:40 AM
Re: Run The Gauntlet
Drinking Beverage don't mind me, just waiting for a reply to my picture...

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
23-02-2013, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Quote:It is impossible to completely 100% prove the existence of anything, since there are always wild explanations with next to no probability of being true that cannot be disproven. It is enough to provide evidence that builds a case that is beyond reasonable doubt.

Double hmmm... Then why do you ask me on this forum to prove God exists--especially since all religions handle the reasonable doubt standard well since God is invisible and most religions talk of a mystery God available only to sincere seekers and initiates? It bothers me I have to even OFFER proof of God's existence after untold billions have reported, "Come get it for yourself, sinner."

PJ's attenna (which is now his Daliesque moustache) is sensing that you have a titanic-sized double standard. What is the sound of the Titanic sinking when you're in the forest watching a tree being cut down?
You lying fuck PJ. Here's a quote from the post you were right at that moment replying to:

Quote:I myself only ask for evidence of God's existence - if I have ever said "prove God exists" then my bad, I merely meant "provide evidence for your case".

It is impossible to completely 100% prove the existence of anything, since there are always wild explanations with next to no probability of being true that cannot be disproven. It is enough to provide evidence that builds a case that is beyond reasonable doubt.
Interesting that you only quoted the second paragraph so you could change the meaning of my words. Whatever happened to "Thou shalt not bear false witness" you quote mining asshole?

Quote:I believe I already have, but I will repeat for clarity's sake, "Why would I waste my time proving God exists, since as a Christian, I want to convert real people who exist, to forum personalities who cannot verify their existence to my satisfaction?"

Further, and this really gets at the heart of the matter, the indomitable, ever-so-wise Aseptic Skeptic got pretty close to why this thread "exists". Go reread his post. No cigar, but shockingly close. I'd buy that man a cup of "fresh, dammit, fresh, not sitting in TBD's pot" Joe anytime, any place. I'd like to find Christians that wise sometime soon!
Alright Pleezy Jeezy, lets do this. If your goal is to use your proof to convert "real people" then if it can be proved that one person on this forum is not you, it then becomes worth your while to post your proof here in order to convert that person.

That being said, we can safely assume that all but one of the people here are you, and all we have left to do is prove that the one remaining person (doesn't matter who) is not you.

For simplicity's sake we will assume that the person who we want to prove is not you is not a fellow theist, as if you had any other accounts here it is more likely that they would take a theist position than an atheist one.

Let us assume a contradictory statement to the one we are trying to prove is true: that the one person we have singled out is you.

We know that there are several persons here (eg me, EvoKills, Chad or Vosur) who disagree with almost everything you say. You have stated that you believe that we are not you. So if we were to assume that these people were in fact you, then that would lead us to the conclusion that you have some kind of extremely prevalent multiple personality disorder (hereafter referred to as MPD) where you are unaware of your other personalities and these personalities differ greatly from your own.

Therefore, in order to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that we are not you, go to your nearest hospital and get yourself a full psychiatric evaluation, specifically searching for signs of such an MPD. While you are there you can also get them to check for signs that you suffer from hallucinations, so that we can be sure that you aren't imagining this whole thing - although if you try and claim this then you are no longer within the realm of "reasonable doubt" - if you have to doubt your own sanity in order to cast doubt upon an argument, then reasonable doubt is no longer even visible from the rear window of your crazy train. But moving on.

While you are waiting for your appointment, search your memory - do you have long periods of time missing from your memory, specifically time periods when you would have been able to access this forum and post all the posts that are not associated with the PleezyJeezy account?

If the answer to this question is "no", and the psychiatric evaluation is negative for all traces of an MPD, then beyond reasonable doubt we can conclude that there is at least one person using this forum who is not you. In which case it is in your best interest with regards to the goal of "converting real people" to post your proof here.

You might want to send it to a few TV networks and radio stations too. And maybe start your own website. You know, to get the message to real people out there. The great thing about that is not only do you get your proof to real people, we can see it too whether you believe we exist or not.

Everybody wins! And humanity gets converted almost unanimously to Christianity in one fell swoop. How can you not take this course of action that would be amazingly beneficial to you, and in your view at least, everyone else on the planet? Are you that selfish and greedy that you would prefer to use it to play ridiculous games with us instead?

Quote:I only know that PJ does not want to actually give his definition because he knows it will either be bullshit (so ambiguous so as to be pointless) or that it will be so easy to tear apart it will be like...well...like this
I disagree oh bearded one. I'm pretty certain that PJ never had a definition in the first place - it didn't occur to him that he might need to know what he means before saying stuff.

Quote:Again, no one here has heard about Remote Desktop applications? And no one here watches CSI or Law and Order: SVU? These shows have entire plot lines revolving around real world technology to remote host, confuse IP trackers and etc. I guess y'all do lack classical educations.
Oy vey! Still haven't proved anyone exists, not you, nor I. You folks have wasted 20 good pages of thread. I'll give you the weekend to think about it for a while. See you!
PJ, are you saying that watching CSI and Law and Order = Classical education?

I think I'm beginning to see the problem here . . .
[+] 2 users Like hedgehog648's post
23-02-2013, 09:37 AM
(22-02-2013 03:34 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  The ball is in your court. IP addresses can be traced and country of origin can be known. Therefore, it is possible to demonstrably show that I can in fact not be you by simple math (time and distance).
That makes two of us. Wink

[attachment=1130]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 9 users Like Vosur's post
23-02-2013, 10:51 AM (This post was last modified: 23-02-2013 11:31 AM by kim.)
(23-02-2013 09:10 AM)PleasyJeezy Wrote:  Why would I waste my time proving God exists, since as a Christian, I want to convert real people who exist, to forum personalities who cannot verify their existence to my satisfaction?

It might be advisable to reconsider informing a gathering of atheists of your personal hypocrisy and the insecurity you have in your faith; it could have an adverse effect.

Pride, covetousness, lust, anger, gluttony, envy, sloth; what's your personal score card? You know - the one people can't see - the score that only you know? Of course, those things are always evident.

"...to my satisfaction." ... Casually tossing around the name of the son while behaving like the petulant father, seems to do a lot for the ego; pride much? Or maybe it's covetousness or envy? It seems to come from anger and you've proved your laziness or at least reluctance to make an effort at understanding. Your gluttony for attention is what it is.
Guess you're covered PleasyJeazy, now you can be forgiven. Maybe.

Fishermen are often careful to guard their bait otherwise, they might be honest fishermen.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
23-02-2013, 10:53 AM
(23-02-2013 09:37 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(22-02-2013 03:34 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  The ball is in your court. IP addresses can be traced and country of origin can be known. Therefore, it is possible to demonstrably show that I can in fact not be you by simple math (time and distance).
That makes two of us. Wink
Tree, I mean, three.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 6 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
23-02-2013, 01:18 PM
I DO, IN FACT, EXIST
And I know how to use a computer and YouTube!

Also, SleazyJesus remind me a LOT of the guy 'debating' AronRa in this video...

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 6 users Like EvolutionKills's post
23-02-2013, 01:36 PM
All your existence proves is your mother got laid at least once. And even THAT is subject to argument, if you consider artificial means. *GASP!* With modern science, virgin conception is now possible! Damn you science for creating test tube messiahs!

So by saying, if I exist, therefore god, are you trying to say that YOU are god? That's narcissism, not proof.

Even when *I* was a christian, I was nowhere near as deluded as what you're presenting yourself to be. I'm beginning to discover quickly, who exactly here in this forum are the lolcows. Evidence suggests you're a prime candidate.

[+] 2 users Like KMFDM_Kid2000's post
23-02-2013, 02:23 PM (This post was last modified: 23-02-2013 02:26 PM by The Talking Goat.)
I want to join in the picture and video parade, so here goes nothing.

I'm not sure if I should add a video with anything useful to this debate or just continue showing the world my food selection.

EvolutionKills: Your voice sounds like it should be on a podcast somewhere.
[+] 6 users Like The Talking Goat's post
23-02-2013, 02:39 PM
(23-02-2013 02:23 PM)The Talking Goat Wrote:  I want to join in the picture and video parade, so here goes nothing.

I'm not sure if I should add a video with anything useful to this debate or just continue showing the world my food selection.

EvolutionKills: Your voice sounds like it should be on a podcast somewhere.
LOL'ed at that last comment. xD Nicely done.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]