Run The Gauntlet

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 2 Average
25-02-2013, 09:50 AM
RE: Run The Gauntlet
(25-02-2013 09:43 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:Stating that you are letting the others define the evidence, isn't actually doing the other side a favor such as you act like you are doing. That's why often when starting debates, people will ask believers to provide evidence of God demonstrating himself in having an effect in the world. If that isn't the relation they state of God, then the argument can be adjusted toward understanding the case attempting to be made.

If you wanted to be honest in your concept of this debate. You would provide the rest of us evidence/proof that YOU exist.. Therefore clarifying what your criteria would be for the defining. So far, some people have argued, some have tried to give evidence but you wrote it off as not sufficient. Well provide an example and others will follow; otherwise, there is no evidence to even take you as being reasonable in this thread.
Not a big need IMO. After all, if I don't exist, I don't have to keep my end of your imaginary bargain. Think about it.

I think you're being an evasive dickless little shit...

You know, in my honest opinion...

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-02-2013, 09:53 AM
The videos were entertaining, thanks, everyone. I thought y'all were imaginary before you posted them. Smile Of course I didn't. But, can I accept them as rock solid proof YOU exist?

Now, moving on. Let's get to it. What do you really mean by a statement like "independently verifiable" regarding the existence of me, or of you, or of God? Let me explain by way of analogy if I may...

Have you been in a relationship and been pleased to hear your significant other say, "I love you?" And you say, "Really? That is wonderful! Do you really mean that?" and they say, "I sure do. I do love you."

Do you then say, "Well, I do indeed love you in turn. However, it is difficult for me as a skeptic by nature to accept such anecdotal evidence. Perhaps you don't mind if I ring your family and friends and verify if this is true, if you really do love me...? I cannot accept your personal testimony as evidence." In contrast, if I accept your videos as proof of your existence, I think that's reasonable if I WERE to accept them. Smile I think it's reasonable for me to accept your uncle's name is Ronald if you say it is...

What would you say is reasonable evidence to accept someone else's testimony? I cannot verify with ease that you actually made your videos but I can see them for myself. I cannot see Julius Caesar nor I have communicated with him but I accept authors now long dead who wrote his biographies, critiques and panegyrics. They may have had an imperfect understanding, but...

...If you want me to accept unverified, unsubstantiated thread comments like "I exist" or videos without birth certficates--unforged, unverified birth certificates--that might not exist because papers may be forged--you see how easily I can ensure that I will never provide evidence for God and you will never provide evidence you exist or I exist unless we agree on terms?

My proof for God is NOT my personal testimony nor is it third-party testimony nor the documents of the Bible. But we need to start somewhere. What would you say is reasonable evidence to accept someone else's testimony? At what point do you take a person's testimony for granted? If God were to speak to one of you on this forum, and that person held their lover to the standard they say they'd hold for God--"This must be an hallucination, I must be going crazy," they would be pretty lonely in love relationships...

At what point is a person being reasonable in relying on testimony and at what point is someone being gullible? Thanks.
25-02-2013, 10:04 AM (This post was last modified: 25-02-2013 10:09 AM by Vosur.)
(25-02-2013 09:53 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  My proof for God is NOT my personal testimony nor is it third-party testimony nor the documents of the Bible. But we need to start somewhere.
Sure. How about we start with the visual and auditory evidence for the existence of your god that you claim to possess?

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
25-02-2013, 10:33 AM
Remember that centurion dude, looking for Jesus to heal his spawn? And Jesus is like, lead the way, but the centurion goes, just say it, and I know it will be done. And Jesus goes. that's what I'm talking about. So, how the fuck you get so lost, you feel the need to transplant trees on an atheist forum? Where's your mustard seed?

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like houseofcantor's post
25-02-2013, 10:37 AM (This post was last modified: 25-02-2013 10:42 AM by ClydeLee.)
Re: Run The Gauntlet
If you are seriously incapable of telling the difference from a personal stance and an outside unconfirmed idea.. No wonder you think of God as being legitimate.

Proof of love/an uncles name are not via the same line of required evidence.

Whether you are who you claim to be or a computer program.. You as something exist. You create a base of text which puts a footprint in reality.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
25-02-2013, 10:43 AM
(25-02-2013 10:33 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Remember that centurion dude, looking for Jesus to heal his spawn? And Jesus is like, lead the way, but the centurion goes, just say it, and I know it will be done. And Jesus goes. that's what I'm talking about. So, how the fuck you get so lost, you feel the need to transplant trees on an atheist forum? Where's your mustard seed?

Yep. What I've been trying to get him to get... and he isn't gettin'. Drinking Beverage

So then, circus. Wheeeeeeeeee

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
25-02-2013, 11:11 AM
26 pages and nearly a week later and still no proof from PleaseJesus that God exists or that Jesus is the messiah. Not even an attempt. Dodgy Anyone besides me not the least bit surprised?

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
25-02-2013, 12:18 PM
(25-02-2013 11:11 AM)Impulse Wrote:  26 pages and nearly a week later and still no proof from PleaseJesus that God exists or that Jesus is the messiah. Not even an attempt. Dodgy Anyone besides me not the least bit surprised?

I stopped being surprised of SleazyJesus after his first dozen or so posts... Drinking Beverage

He's managed to spend 3 weeks actively trying to stay retarded, he has literally ignored everything presented to him. His level of dedication would be almost admirable, had it not been dedicated to keeping himself as ignorant a piece of drift wood. Scratch that, the drift wood has probable seen more of the world than he has...

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
25-02-2013, 12:21 PM
(25-02-2013 12:18 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(25-02-2013 11:11 AM)Impulse Wrote:  26 pages and nearly a week later and still no proof from PleaseJesus that God exists or that Jesus is the messiah. Not even an attempt. Dodgy Anyone besides me not the least bit surprised?

I stopped being surprised of SleazyJesus after his first dozen or so posts... Drinking Beverage
Almost makes you want to go on Skype and call good old Steven, doesn't it?

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
25-02-2013, 12:23 PM
(25-02-2013 12:21 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(25-02-2013 12:18 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I stopped being surprised of SleazyJesus after his first dozen or so posts... Drinking Beverage
Almost makes you want to go on Skype and call good old Steven, doesn't it?

Dude, I know you like my voice. But if you really need a fix, just watch my YouTube video again. Tongue