Run The Gauntlet

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 2 Average
25-02-2013, 03:08 PM
RE: Run The Gauntlet
(25-02-2013 03:03 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Why are we wasting time with this mental midget? He's not debating, he's masturbating.
Because sometimes, the most irrational ones are the most representative of the general population of believers.

I'll discuss with anyone actually willing to discuss and not jump to insults as a form of defense. At least he does not do that.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
25-02-2013, 03:17 PM
(25-02-2013 03:03 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Why are we wasting time with this mental midget? He's not debating, he's masturbating.

I find it entertaining. I almost always find these kinds of thing entertaining; If nothing else they provide us with a target on which to practise, the less logical or desperate the target seems to be getting the more effective our ammunition would appear to be.

If I don't take to active target practise, I can always watch and learn from those who are by far my superiors in age, experience and knowledge as they do their thing. Strategically, it's a win for us. We get target practise, and we get to eviscerate something and in return we don't spend all that many resources, we might actually gain people.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
25-02-2013, 03:52 PM
Quote:The last bit about 2 people reading the NT indicates you either have not fully read my other replies or still do not understand. They have nothing more than anecdotal evidence and a book they can't verify the authenticity of nor the accuracy of the stories within nor even the authors who wrote it. Whatever conclusions they come to, can't be evaluated to be more or less likely to be right or wrong. Because they start off on an assumption that is unconvincing and demonstrably false. Your question holds as much water as 2 people discussing Tolkiens works and coming to a conclusion about the teachings of Gandalf. It is irrelevant since they can't prove they are talking about reality, or even show evidence to suggest that it might be reality. But your mixing analogies again and trying to compare faith to science. I may be gullible, but I ask questions about what I am told and come to my own conclusions after weighing the options.

But you do admit you're in a minority opinion regarding Gandalf and God BOTH being fictitious, right? And I'm getting mildly annoyed, even though I'm very patient, at your "all scientists believe Evolution is fact" and those who don't aren't qualified to way in...
I'm not going to lengthen this post by adding PhD's who affirm Answers In Genesis and etc. - you know they exist and 100 more for each of those names are in the closet thanks to "scholars" like those on this forum Get real.
25-02-2013, 04:05 PM
(25-02-2013 03:52 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:The last bit about 2 people reading the NT indicates you either have not fully read my other replies or still do not understand. They have nothing more than anecdotal evidence and a book they can't verify the authenticity of nor the accuracy of the stories within nor even the authors who wrote it. Whatever conclusions they come to, can't be evaluated to be more or less likely to be right or wrong. Because they start off on an assumption that is unconvincing and demonstrably false. Your question holds as much water as 2 people discussing Tolkiens works and coming to a conclusion about the teachings of Gandalf. It is irrelevant since they can't prove they are talking about reality, or even show evidence to suggest that it might be reality. But your mixing analogies again and trying to compare faith to science. I may be gullible, but I ask questions about what I am told and come to my own conclusions after weighing the options.

But you do admit you're in a minority opinion regarding Gandalf and God BOTH being fictitious, right? And I'm getting mildly annoyed, even though I'm very patient, at your "all scientists believe Evolution is fact" and those who don't aren't qualified to way in...
I'm not going to lengthen this post by adding PhD's who affirm Answers In Genesis and etc. - you know they exist and 100 more for each of those names are in the closet thanks to "scholars" like those on this forum Get real.
I'm sorry, but did you say that there are creation scientists IN THE CLOSET? What kind of bullshit is that? How would you know this? Or is it one of those: "There has just got to be some."

And, let me ask you, why would they need to be in the closet. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MUCH FAME AND MONEY THOSE SCIENTISTS WOULD EARN IF THEY PROVED CREATION CORRECT?! FUCKING MILLIONS.

Yet, they haven't done so. Why? Because there isn't any evidence to go on. That's why. AiG has been refuted time after time. Just because they have PhDs doesn't stop them from being retarded in other fields.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 3 users Like Atothetheist's post
25-02-2013, 04:17 PM (This post was last modified: 25-02-2013 04:39 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(25-02-2013 03:52 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  

There is no way to know which scientsts "weigh" in, (it's NOT "way" in, Mr. "Classical Education"), and which are fraudulently appropriated to the list on Answers in Genesis. It's a well documented fact that they use dishonest tactics, and send email to scientists who just delete them, as anyone with 1/2 a brain would, and in fact the deleted emails say : "unless you request removal, your name will be added". Many of them have PhDs from third rate places, (such as Biola, and Liberty, haha), and many of the Phds have nothing whatever to do with the subject of Evolutionary Biology or Geology. Name ONE vulcanologist that buys that shit. What a waste of time this thread is, SexuallyPleasingJebus. In fact YOU are a hypocrite, as they all are. It YOU or they or any family member were unjustly accused, and in prison, YOU and they would use DNA, (which PROVES Evolution) to get out.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
25-02-2013, 05:00 PM (This post was last modified: 26-02-2013 08:23 AM by TheBeardedDude.)
Re: Run The Gauntlet
Being in the minority has nothing to do with being right or wrong. And having a Phd does not qualify someone to be an expert on anything other than what they got their Phd in. Having a Phd in theology adds no validity to any claim they make about evolution, nor a degree in physics, etc. I know of one guy who got his Phd at Harvard under Gould, and he is so discredited now due to not producing real science, that he teaches at a small school just outside of Chattanooga, TN and produces 0 credible research.

And I know several people who have their Phds that are not qualified to have it. A Phd is not a magic "I'm always right" stamp of approval.

If your not going to address anything else I said then go waste your time somewhere else. I'll be here Drinking Beverage

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 6 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
25-02-2013, 05:25 PM
SMH <----- that right there is all I can do.

After 28 pages of not seeing one credible idea from PJ. Just a lot of dodging

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
25-02-2013, 05:26 PM
Anyone just coming into this thread and wondering if they should go back and see how any of this started... don't bother... this entire thread is long and boring and not worth reading.

There isn't anything going on and the original poster is a sham. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
25-02-2013, 05:37 PM
(25-02-2013 05:26 PM)kim Wrote:  Anyone just coming into this thread and wondering if they should go back and see how any of this started... don't bother... this entire thread is long and boring and not worth reading.
Lol, that's funny cos I nearly did - thanks for minutes of life I may have unnecessarily lost Thumbsup

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
25-02-2013, 09:46 PM
So as far as proving if anyone exists or not, all ya got to do is go burn down Jebus' garage, and he will fucking know you exist. In other words, you pop him in the nose, and he will quit asking such idiotic questions, or cause someone pain he likes, and he will believe real fast . So now that that is over and done with, is there some damn point SexuallyPleasingJebus you were planning on making in the next 5 - 10 years or so ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post