RE: Run The Gauntlet
[Image: tumblr_mipqzbyTgW1r7gbhio1_500.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
25-02-2013, 11:20 PM
(25-02-2013 05:25 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  SMH <----- that right there is all I can do.

After 28 pages of not seeing one credible idea from PJ. Just a lot of dodging

Dude should play dodge-ball.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
26-02-2013, 07:15 AM
You're right. Y'all should leave this thread. Bye!
26-02-2013, 07:20 AM
Volcanologist, you say? Mt. St. Helens ultra-rapid caldera and etc. formation disproves much of formerly "modern" volcanology. Rapid stalagmite and stalactite formation belies much of what we formerly assumed about slow rock formation...
Pyritized fossils, eruption plumes and magma ascent rates

Now how about that for a snappy title?
Life beyond the blogosphere has been rather full of late, but I just have time today for a round up of some recent journal articles.
The discovery of pyritized fossils at six new localities in the Ordovician Lorraine Group of New York State is described in the October edition of Geology (Farrell et al 2009). The localities span 54 km of outcrop and occur within thin mudstone horizons representing single depositional events. The reported geochemical data, along with the near-absence of disarticulated and fragmented skeletal material, suggest rapid burial of these organisms with subsequent precipitation of iron sulphides on and in the decaying carcasses. Such studies have the potential to help creationists further understand the processes involved in fossil preservation throughout earth history and especially during the global flood.
Another paper in Geology reports the first measurements of the turbulent velocity field of a volcanic column based on an extensive reevaluation of video and photographs of the 18 May 1980 eruption of Mount St. Helens in Washington State (Andrews and Gardner 2009). Over the years, creationists have shown a lot of interest in developments at Mt St Helens (e.g. Austin 1986) and this paper adds to our knowledge of how the famous eruption proceeded.
Seismic shocks felt by residents near Chaitén volcano, in northern Patagonia, just 24 hours before a devastating eruption of rhyolitic magma on 1 May 2008 suggested rapid rates of magma ascent. This has been confirmed by petrological and experimental data reported in Nature (Castro and Dingwell 2009) which indicate that the Chaitén magma ascended with velocities on the order of one metre per second. The implied transit time from storage depths greater than five kilometres to the near surface is about four hours. Rapid ascent rates have previously been documented for kimberlitic (Kelley and Wartho 2000), granitic (Brandon et al 1996) and basaltic magmas (Demouchy et al 2006) and it seems that rhyolites fit the same pattern.
Elsewhere on t’internet, Todd Wood has been busy making my frequency of posting look very inadequate. He’s been writing on anything and everything from advice to students looking for credibility as creationists, the new Creation film, homology in Notch proteins, Anchiornis and Ardipithecus. He’s also been winning friends and influencing people with his thoughts on evolution (see the follow ups here, here and here). Do drop by Todd’s blog and take a look.
Finally, thanks to the person who recently took the trouble to send the following message:
Quote:You Christians are killing the Earth with your insanity and lies. Your god is a lie, smoke and mirrors. Your God is more evil than your Satan because god wants eternal pain for those in hell. I’m afraid the only way to save the Earth is to exterminate Christianity and all dualistic religion.
It warms my heart to know that the old fashioned virtues of tolerance and fairmindedness are still alive and well.
References
Andrews B. J. and Gardner J. E. 2009. Turbulent dynamics of the 18 May 1980 Mount St. Helens eruption column. Geology 37(10):895-898.
Austin S. A. 1986. Mt St Helens and catastrophism. Institute for Creation Research Impact Article Number 157.
Brandon A. D., Creaser R. A. and Chacko T. 1996. Constraints on rates of granitic magma transport from epidote dissolution kinetics. Science 271(5257):1845-1848.
Castro J. M. and Dingwell D. B. 2009. Rapid ascent of rhyolitic magma at Chaitén volcano, Chile. Nature 461:780-783.
Demouchy S., Jacobsen S. D., Gaillard F. and Stern C. R. 2006. Rapid magma ascent recorded by water diffusion profiles in mantle olivine. Geology 34(6):429-432.
Farrell Ú. C., Martin M. J., Hagadorn J. W., Whiteley T. and Briggs, D. E. G. 2009. Beyond Beecher’s Trilobite Bed: widespread pyritization of soft tissues in the Late Ordovician Taconic foreland basin. Geology 37(10):907-910.
Kelley S. P. and Wartho J.-A. 2000. Rapid kimberlite ascent and significance of Ar-Ar ages in xenolith phlogopites. Science 289(5479):609-611.
http://thenewcreationism.wordpress.com/2...ent-rates/
26-02-2013, 07:50 AM
Do you agree with the ideas of this blogger?

It's nice to see a YEcreationist admit he can't refute that evolution is scientifically variable... but of course he is only tucked into the blogosphere and not getting crazy people air time.

He boils down easily why he believes right here: http://toddcwood.blogspot.com/2009/10/na...faith.html

He is purely honest.. he believes because he has faith, which he tries to twiddle down to mean "hunches" that give us hints.

Why accept that? He said because "the realization that faith opens your eyes to new evidences that you could not see otherwise" or as a neuroscience would likely call, Conformation bias.

If your take is that it's not easy to prove you truly exist, then it's not easy to prove God truly exists. That's all good and fine but there's only physical evidence for one of those entities; unless you use your faith goggles.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
26-02-2013, 08:08 AM (This post was last modified: 26-02-2013 08:13 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(26-02-2013 07:20 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Volcanologist, you say? Mt. St. Helens ultra-rapid caldera and etc. formation disproves much of formerly "modern" volcanology. Rapid stalagmite and stalactite formation belies much of what we formerly assumed about slow rock formation...
Pyritized fossils, eruption plumes and magma ascent rates

Now how about that for a snappy title?
Life beyond the blogosphere has been rather full of late, but I just have time today for a round up of some recent journal articles.
The discovery of pyritized fossils at six new localities in the Ordovician Lorraine Group of New York State is described in the October edition of Geology (Farrell et al 2009). The localities span 54 km of outcrop and occur within thin mudstone horizons representing single depositional events. The reported geochemical data, along with the near-absence of disarticulated and fragmented skeletal material, suggest rapid burial of these organisms with subsequent precipitation of iron sulphides on and in the decaying carcasses. Such studies have the potential to help creationists further understand the processes involved in fossil preservation throughout earth history and especially during the global flood.
Another paper in Geology reports the first measurements of the turbulent velocity field of a volcanic column based on an extensive reevaluation of video and photographs of the 18 May 1980 eruption of Mount St. Helens in Washington State (Andrews and Gardner 2009). Over the years, creationists have shown a lot of interest in developments at Mt St Helens (e.g. Austin 1986) and this paper adds to our knowledge of how the famous eruption proceeded.
Seismic shocks felt by residents near Chaitén volcano, in northern Patagonia, just 24 hours before a devastating eruption of rhyolitic magma on 1 May 2008 suggested rapid rates of magma ascent. This has been confirmed by petrological and experimental data reported in Nature (Castro and Dingwell 2009) which indicate that the Chaitén magma ascended with velocities on the order of one metre per second. The implied transit time from storage depths greater than five kilometres to the near surface is about four hours. Rapid ascent rates have previously been documented for kimberlitic (Kelley and Wartho 2000), granitic (Brandon et al 1996) and basaltic magmas (Demouchy et al 2006) and it seems that rhyolites fit the same pattern.
Elsewhere on t’internet, Todd Wood has been busy making my frequency of posting look very inadequate. He’s been writing on anything and everything from advice to students looking for credibility as creationists, the new Creation film, homology in Notch proteins, Anchiornis and Ardipithecus. He’s also been winning friends and influencing people with his thoughts on evolution (see the follow ups here, here and here). Do drop by Todd’s blog and take a look.
Finally, thanks to the person who recently took the trouble to send the following message:
Quote:You Christians are killing the Earth with your insanity and lies. Your god is a lie, smoke and mirrors. Your God is more evil than your Satan because god wants eternal pain for those in hell. I’m afraid the only way to save the Earth is to exterminate Christianity and all dualistic religion.
It warms my heart to know that the old fashioned virtues of tolerance and fairmindedness are still alive and well.
References
Andrews B. J. and Gardner J. E. 2009. Turbulent dynamics of the 18 May 1980 Mount St. Helens eruption column. Geology 37(10):895-898.
Austin S. A. 1986. Mt St Helens and catastrophism. Institute for Creation Research Impact Article Number 157.
Brandon A. D., Creaser R. A. and Chacko T. 1996. Constraints on rates of granitic magma transport from epidote dissolution kinetics. Science 271(5257):1845-1848.
Castro J. M. and Dingwell D. B. 2009. Rapid ascent of rhyolitic magma at Chaitén volcano, Chile. Nature 461:780-783.
Demouchy S., Jacobsen S. D., Gaillard F. and Stern C. R. 2006. Rapid magma ascent recorded by water diffusion profiles in mantle olivine. Geology 34(6):429-432.
Farrell Ú. C., Martin M. J., Hagadorn J. W., Whiteley T. and Briggs, D. E. G. 2009. Beyond Beecher’s Trilobite Bed: widespread pyritization of soft tissues in the Late Ordovician Taconic foreland basin. Geology 37(10):907-910.
Kelley S. P. and Wartho J.-A. 2000. Rapid kimberlite ascent and significance of Ar-Ar ages in xenolith phlogopites. Science 289(5479):609-611.
http://thenewcreationism.wordpress.com/2...ent-rates/

I'll read the citations and reply. But lets start with the fake "global flood".
There are coutless archaeological sites around the world, including IN ISRAEL, which have no silt layer, and are dated to FAR older than any possible "creationist" global flood date, (and are FAR older than the rocks found on Mt. Ararat), (and as any scholar knows, the flood was an appropriation from the Sumerian myth system of the Epic of Gilgamesh). So it's simply bullshit. Also, any genetecist knows there has not been time for the nececcary mutations to occur, for example in the most obvious changes in skin color, and many many human traits in DNA), if one posits a 6,000 year time line. It's simply utter ignorance. Ignorance of the formation of the OT canon, and COMPLETE ignorance of science. Try harder, SexuallyPleasingJebus. You're making a fool of yourself.
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Branches_of...reationism

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
26-02-2013, 08:23 AM
A quote from Todd's blog page on faith: "As a point of application, I think modern creationists would be much
better served if we stopped coddling their every doubt and fear with new
"evidence for creation" and instead helped to wean them off evidence
altogether. A truly close Christian walk with Jesus should render
evidence irrelevant."

That about sums it up. You should read and understand your sources PJ. Behe was silly to bring up, the supposed list of scientists is another mistake and now this guy who wants less evidence. Good luck with those sources with this crowd. It may work on the rest of your lobotomized congregation but not here.
26-02-2013, 08:25 AM
(26-02-2013 07:15 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  You're right. Y'all should leave this thread. Bye!
No actual reply to anything I said Drinking Beverage . My coffee just finished brewing, so I still have time.

I'll comment on the flaws in the blog post you pasted whenever you catch up to my replies. Let me just start by saying that there is nothing unusual about Mt. St. Helen's and whatever information this person thinks they have for pyritized fossils, is almost certainly incorrectly interpreted too.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
26-02-2013, 08:36 AM
Quote:I'll read the citations and reply. But lets start with the fake "global flood".
There are coutless archaeological sites around the world, including IN ISRAEL, which have no silt layer, and are dated to FAR older than any possible "creationist" global flood date, (and are FAR older than the rocks found on Mt. Ararat), (and as any scholar knows, the flood was an appropriation from the Sumerian myth system of the Epic of Gilgamesh). So it's simply bullshit. Also, any genetecist knows there has not been time for the nececcary mutations to occur, for example in the most obvious changes in skin color, and many many human traits in DNA), if one posits a 6,000 year time line. It's simply utter ignorance. Ignorance of the formation of the OT canon, and COMPLETE ignorance of science. Try harder, SexuallyPleasingJebus. You're making a fool of yourself.
[/url][url=http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Branches_of...reationism
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Branches_of...reationism[/quote]
1. The dating is circular in nature. Assumptions are made about temperature and pressure not changing, even during the "Hadean period". Rates of decay are extrapolated to be X forever and etc.
2. There are no issues with only eight people and Noah and his spouse being of mixed parentage themselves. You're making an assumption that eight whites with blue eyes and blonde hair stepped of the boat, #1, and #2, that I hold to a date for the flood that recent. I don't.
3. I'm completely aware of the conservative and liberal theories alike for the formation of the OT canon. Go ahead and take the most liberal dating to 300 BCE and you still have all the prophecies fulfilled in the NT and the words of Jesus to review.
4. I don't understand why you and others have to use ad hom like SexuallyPleasing and Jebus. A) It discredits you as an intelligent and/or mature person and makes a Christian inclined not to respond to you at all. B) You don't know me personally and have no reason to disdain my character. C) You cannot be in any kind of helping or teaching profession and treat people who are ignorant of what you know like that. Please don't be a teacher, a cop, a judge, a minister, or anything else, ever, that requires classy and ad hom-free communication.
26-02-2013, 08:45 AM
Quote:No actual reply to anything I said [Image: coffeedrinker.gif] . My coffee just finished brewing, so I still have time.

I'll comment on the flaws in the blog post you pasted whenever you catch up to my replies. Let me just start by saying that there is nothing unusual about Mt. St. Helen's and whatever information this person thinks they have for pyritized fossils, is almost certainly incorrectly interpreted too.

TBD - You can't be knowledgeable in every area of science. No modern DaVinci could... Mt. St. Helens did things in days and weeks in recent years that scientists presumed took millennia or longer. And when PJ was under the Lincoln Memorial while they were reworking this great place's supports, PJ could see stalactites of great length
adjacent to photos from a century ago--just one example--there are many worldwide--of rapid stalactite and stalagmite formation--knocking down old canards about Carl Sagan's "millions and billions of years."

Here's the deal. Atheists accuse Christians of closing their mind to evidence, not using the scientific method, and believing what they want to believe. Okay, if I was to agree there is no God then I would have to affirm that fact. Now...

...We have hundreds of millions worldwide who are guilty of fallacious reasoning and continued obstinance in believing despite the facts. Okay, if that is possible, and we're all human, how come it's completely impossible for scientists to do the same? That's my point about the Kuiper Belt and the Oort Cloud. The Belt has 100 objects we've found and 10,000 more are conjectured. The Oort Cloud is hypothetical also because without it, comets alone demonstrate a solar system that is on the order of hundreds of thousands or millions rather than billions of years and there is a lack of time for Evolution to exist. If so, we may even be space seed from ID--which means we have an accountability to a higher order of being, as a recent video posted on this forum by a freethinker suggests.

TBD, you can talk to cops, you can talk to attorneys, to judges, to wives, mistresses and especially, the government officials who dole billions out for climate change and other research--scientists are not on a higher order of skepticism or lack of bias then any other people. They may employ the scientific method to research or use controls in research of etc. but they are no less prone to believing myths than any other segment of the population (yes, I can sense the data coming on how all scientists believe Evolution and etc.). And how no legitimate, tenured person believes in Creation no matter how many "normal" captains of industry, presidents, etc. believe in Creation. Whatever.

My point is if you dare say all Theists are self-duped, you must allow for errors in the scientific community to be consistent. Consider this a rephrase of my syllogism that if most are Theists, you must be careful whom you trust. That is all.