Run The Gauntlet

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 2 Average
19-02-2013, 11:18 PM
RE: Run The Gauntlet
Hi SexuallyPleasingJebus.
Here's a few things to help you.
Fallacy of the False Analogy, fallacy of composition : http://onegoodmove.org/fallacy/falsean.htm
Non sequitur : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non_sequitur_(logic)
False premise : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_premise
Evidence : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidence
Proof : http://www.thefreedictionary.com/proof
Now, for your next trick, please run it past a sophomore in high schhol, who's taking Logic A. He/she can help you.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
20-02-2013, 12:16 AM (This post was last modified: 20-02-2013 04:39 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(19-02-2013 03:31 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Of course, this was ignored elsewhere, so why not a new thread?

I'll prove to anyone on this forum that God exists--and go one better, Jesus is the Messiah and God, if they can prove that they exist.

Thumbsup Thumbsup Thank you in advance.

[Image: 728342b5958a347ff91d4d03b197b43a.jpg?stmp=1334066563]

How about you list your proof for God, so I can use it to prove a much cooler god; like Thor, Athena, Aphrodite, or Isis...

:EDIT:

And especially Isis, she is fucking HOT!

[Image: 250px-52_week_12_isis.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
20-02-2013, 12:46 AM
Read this out loud

eye dee nye the wholly spear it.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 3 users Like fstratzero's post
20-02-2013, 12:52 AM
(20-02-2013 12:46 AM)fstratzero Wrote:  Read this out loud

eye dee nye the wholly spear it.

Sorry, I saw 'nye' and it reminded me of this...

[Image: Bro+Do+You+Even+Science_.png]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
20-02-2013, 04:30 AM
(19-02-2013 03:31 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Of course, this was ignored elsewhere, so why not a new thread?

I'll prove to anyone on this forum that God exists--and go one better, Jesus is the Messiah and God, if they can prove that they exist.

Thumbsup Thumbsup Thank you in advance.
[Image: DPpaZgn.png]

(19-02-2013 03:45 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  And how do we know GOD isn't the entity that is writing your entry? And how do we know I didn't write your entry, the originator of the challenge? Sigh. That was a quick win for me. Please try again.
[Image: SzzSgAQ.png]

And how do you know that Bob the Top Hat wearing, monocled Platypus isn't the entity that is writing your entry?

Meet Bob,

[Image: SoB2X7R.png]

That was a quick win for me. Please try again.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 6 users Like Free Thought's post
20-02-2013, 07:34 AM
Quote:The same way I know it isn't a fairy or goblin or a ghost. Whatever entity is manipulating these electrons, exists. God, has never been demonstrated to interact with anything in our physical universe. Therefore, its existence is highly improbable.
Quick win? Not even a point on your end yet.
You ducked the second part of my post, that it might be me, the ever-lovely pj, posting as you.
Quote:The joke of this thread is that you make that a condition for you to provide proof that a god exists and that jesus/god as written in the bible is that god. Are you serious? If you had such proof, you shouldn't hold it back with the price of admission some mental masturbation. A true believer would offer it to anyone. Instead you hold it back just like the tyrants in Scientology. You sir are a fraud and have no proof.
No the point of this thread will be made evident by me as soon as anyone demonstrates proof on this thread that they exist -- I'll give you more breathing room, too. If you cannot prove to our satisfaction on this thread that you exist, you can prove that I exist. And then I'll prove God exists.
C'mon, what a small thing for you learned folks to do--prove that you exist... and then I'll prove that God exists, and as promised, beyond that fact that Jesus is the true Messiah, God and King.
Thanks!
20-02-2013, 07:45 AM (This post was last modified: 20-02-2013 07:49 AM by DeathsNotoriousAngel.)
(20-02-2013 07:34 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  No the point of this thread will be made evident by me as soon as anyone demonstrates proof on this thread that they exist -- I'll give you more breathing room, too. If you cannot prove to our satisfaction on this thread that you exist, you can prove that I exist. And then I'll prove God exists.
C'mon, what a small thing for you learned folks to do--prove that you exist... and then I'll prove that God exists, and as promised, beyond that fact that Jesus is the true Messiah, God and King.
Thanks!
PleaseMeJesus, I'm not professing that you exist, I think you're just a figment of my screwed up imagination...

[Image: carebear_min.gif]

Obama promised you change. Reach in your pocket, feel those coins? There's your change...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-02-2013, 07:52 AM
SexuallyPleasingJebus has established no definitions, or criteria, either for existence, or what constitutes a "proof".
Obviously it's a "trap" of some sort. Shame on you SexuallyPleasingJebus. Have you no integrity ? Is your god so absent and such a weak character that you/it has to resort to tricks establish it ?
BTW, when you're done with your little game, SPJ, explain to us how this "existence" of your immaginary god does NOT require (space)time without Special Pleading.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
20-02-2013, 07:54 AM
Quote:I included the link to the respective post in my response to you. Notice the blue "not"?

Here it is once more: http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid258953[url=http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid258953
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid258953[/url][/quote]

Thank you for that. The Amazing Randi argument and etc. is loaded--no one can ever prove anything supernatural has happened for two reasons:

1. Supernatural - Attributed to some force beyond scientific understanding or the laws of nature. - There is no miracle of Jesus that is unexplainable beyond those two things. I'd say the same for demonic manifestations, visions, etc. This is a straw man.

2. We have to prove that we exist in this time/space reality and that anything is real to say that something has intervened in our reality. To wit, this thread, I will require that someone prove anyone on this thread exists before I offer proof of God.

Rather than wait for me to do that, however, we don't need to demonstrate the supernatural, redemonstrate it now with the "I asked God to strike me with lightning and he didn't" (yawn) nonsense--as it Jesus doesn't love us enough to delay lightning strikes that vanquish us to Hell(!)--and etc. Rather all we need to do is provide evidence or find evidence for ourselves that a being outside our finite constraints has opened communications. Fulfilled prophecies alone would do it and demonstrate time travel or some other type of prescience.

Thanks!
20-02-2013, 07:55 AM
(20-02-2013 07:34 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:The same way I know it isn't a fairy or goblin or a ghost. Whatever entity is manipulating these electrons, exists. God, has never been demonstrated to interact with anything in our physical universe. Therefore, its existence is highly improbable.
Quick win? Not even a point on your end yet.
You ducked the second part of my post, that it might be me, the ever-lovely pj, posting as you.
Quote:The joke of this thread is that you make that a condition for you to provide proof that a god exists and that jesus/god as written in the bible is that god. Are you serious? If you had such proof, you shouldn't hold it back with the price of admission some mental masturbation. A true believer would offer it to anyone. Instead you hold it back just like the tyrants in Scientology. You sir are a fraud and have no proof.
No the point of this thread will be made evident by me as soon as anyone demonstrates proof on this thread that they exist -- I'll give you more breathing room, too. If you cannot prove to our satisfaction on this thread that you exist, you can prove that I exist. And then I'll prove God exists.
Thanks!
There are several evidences that suggest we exist.

The fact that we can think, feel and interpret what we see to be reality suggest that we have a conscious existence. The fact that we can physically affect the universe (or at least pieces of it) rather than just walking through walls and other solid objects would suggest that we have a physical existence.

Now I have a feeling that you are going to say something along the lines of "how do you know you aren't in the matrix?" or "how do you know that you aren't a brain in a jar in some cosmic laboratory?"

The answer is: we don't. And there is no way we can know that with absolute 100% certainty. But what we can do is use the principle of Occam's Razor. The conclusion that we exist in this universe is far simpler and has much greater explanatory power than the conclusion of some sort of dream/matrix/brain in a jar idea. So until new evidence arises that suggests anything to the alternative, the only logical conclusion is that we exist

If you are thinking of saying that we haven't "proven" our existence, let me remind you that this would be nothing more than special pleading. I have provided sufficient evidence and logical reasoning to conclude our existence, and since I have only ever asked for evidence and logical reasoning with regards to your concluding the existence of God, then my part is done.

Please present your case now.

PS We can show that you are not typing TheBeardedDude's replies simply enough. Firstly the mods or admins could do an IP trace on your two locations, showing that it could not possibly be the same person posting both accounts. Second, the fact that you even ask the question in the way that you did (ie the confident expectation that no one could provide an answer) is evidence enough to doubt your claim. Basic psychology. And that's just off the top of my head.
[+] 4 users Like hedgehog648's post