Run The Gauntlet

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 2 Average
20-02-2013, 08:01 AM
RE: Run The Gauntlet
(20-02-2013 07:54 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Fulfilled prophecies alone would do it and demonstrate time travel or some other type of prescience.
Just so you know, there is such a thing as a positron, it is an electron that is travelling back in time. We know they exist and science has observed and explained them.

So, on a quantum level at least, time travel is a natural occurrence and nothing to do with your god.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-02-2013, 08:01 AM
(20-02-2013 07:34 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:The same way I know it isn't a fairy or goblin or a ghost. Whatever entity is manipulating these electrons, exists. God, has never been demonstrated to interact with anything in our physical universe. Therefore, its existence is highly improbable.
Quick win? Not even a point on your end yet.
You ducked the second part of my post, that it might be me, the ever-lovely pj, posting as you.
Quote:The joke of this thread is that you make that a condition for you to provide proof that a god exists and that jesus/god as written in the bible is that god. Are you serious? If you had such proof, you shouldn't hold it back with the price of admission some mental masturbation. A true believer would offer it to anyone. Instead you hold it back just like the tyrants in Scientology. You sir are a fraud and have no proof.
No the point of this thread will be made evident by me as soon as anyone demonstrates proof on this thread that they exist -- I'll give you more breathing room, too. If you cannot prove to our satisfaction on this thread that you exist, you can prove that I exist. And then I'll prove God exists.
C'mon, what a small thing for you learned folks to do--prove that you exist... and then I'll prove that God exists, and as promised, beyond that fact that Jesus is the true Messiah, God and King.
Thanks!
Hello.

So, my proof of existence is proof of god? Proof of existence of a human being is proof of god? Hmm...

From a previous thread I made, kim said (from here: http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...pid254159) that a human mind made god. Perhaps this could be one way that you say that god exists, but I think we're meaning "to be actual rather than merely possible" from the definition from this dictionary: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/exist

I think that you also mean the Christian god, but I fail to see the connection between my existence and god's existence. I mean, the logic used in your argument so far allows me to agree with TheBeardedDude when he talks about fairies and ghosts (from here: http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...id260447).

From what I understand, the argument goes like this:
P1. I exist.
C1. God exists.

However, the logic can also allow this:
P1. I exist.
C1. Unicorns exist.

So, can you explain further regarding your argument?
[+] 2 users Like Chujutsu's post
20-02-2013, 08:02 AM (This post was last modified: 20-02-2013 08:06 AM by DeathsNotoriousAngel.)
(20-02-2013 07:54 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:I included the link to the respective post in my response to you. Notice the blue "not"?

Here it is once more: http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid258953[url=http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid258953
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid258953[/url]

Thank you for that. The Amazing Randi argument and etc. is loaded--no one can ever prove anything supernatural has happened for two reasons:

1. Supernatural - Attributed to some force beyond scientific understanding or the laws of nature. - There is no miracle of Jesus that is unexplainable beyond those two things. I'd say the same for demonic manifestations, visions, etc. This is a straw man.

2. We have to prove that we exist in this time/space reality and that anything is real to say that something has intervened in our reality. To wit, this thread, I will require that someone prove anyone on this thread exists before I offer proof of God.

Rather than wait for me to do that, however, we don't need to demonstrate the supernatural, redemonstrate it now with the "I asked God to strike me with lightning and he didn't" (yawn) nonsense--as it Jesus doesn't love us enough to delay lightning strikes that vanquish us to Hell(!)--and etc. Rather all we need to do is provide evidence or find evidence for ourselves that a being outside our finite constraints has opened communications. Fulfilled prophecies alone would do it and demonstrate time travel or some other type of prescience.

Thanks!

[/quote]

No, you're right, none of this is real... The matrix is just telling you that while it's at this very moment sucking the life out of your inanimate body in order to consume it as a power source for the advanced robots that's taken over the world...

or maybe you're in a dream within a dream and you've finally fell into limbo...

or or, maybe it's just the souls of aliens that Xenu dropped into the Volcano...

if we're gonna play the "what if" game, you could at least come up with something better than, "God is everything", that's never gonna sell tickets...Dodgy

Obama promised you change. Reach in your pocket, feel those coins? There's your change...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes DeathsNotoriousAngel's post
20-02-2013, 08:13 AM
Re: Run The Gauntlet
This might very well be the most dishonest attempt at an argument I have ever heard.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
20-02-2013, 08:18 AM
Oh wait, I got it...

Maybe it's reverse psychology and he's trying to get us to admit that no one really exist so he doesn't have to pay child support...

Obama promised you change. Reach in your pocket, feel those coins? There's your change...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes DeathsNotoriousAngel's post
20-02-2013, 08:23 AM
He's just trying to shift the burden of proof.

He can't ignore the concept anymore so now he's trying to push it on to someone else. It's progress of a sort. Maybe he'll eventually get to the step of accepting it.

Maybe it's like the five stages of grief.
20-02-2013, 08:24 AM
The miracles of Jebus are not unique. Many "messiahs" were all seen to do miracles, and thought to be messiahs. Simon of Perea died first and rose first, so actually HE is the Messiah. (See the "Gabriel Stone".)
No one needs a "messiah" unless you buy into the "salvation paradigm", (which Saul of Tarsus cooked up). Jebus never talked about it, and the is no mention of it in Mark. SexuallyPleasingJebus can't even define what the word "god" even means, much less demonstrate it's existence. So SPJ, define your terms and criteria, of STFU.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
20-02-2013, 08:31 AM
(20-02-2013 07:54 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Thank you for that. The Amazing Randi argument and etc. is loaded--no one can ever prove anything supernatural has happened for two reasons:

1. Supernatural - Attributed to some force beyond scientific understanding or the laws of nature. - There is no miracle of Jesus that is unexplainable beyond those two things. I'd say the same for demonic manifestations, visions, etc. This is a straw man.

2. We have to prove that we exist in this time/space reality and that anything is real to say that something has intervened in our reality. To wit, this thread, I will require that someone prove anyone on this thread exists before I offer proof of God.

Rather than wait for me to do that, however, we don't need to demonstrate the supernatural, redemonstrate it now with the "I asked God to strike me with lightning and he didn't" (yawn) nonsense--as it Jesus doesn't love us enough to delay lightning strikes that vanquish us to Hell(!)--and etc. Rather all we need to do is provide evidence or find evidence for ourselves that a being outside our finite constraints has opened communications. Fulfilled prophecies alone would do it and demonstrate time travel or some other type of prescience.

Thanks!
What the actual fuck are you talking about? Have you even read my post? Your response has absolutely no relevance to my question.

Here it is again, for the third time: What do you consider proof of my existence?

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
20-02-2013, 08:35 AM
(20-02-2013 08:18 AM)DeathsNotoriousAngel Wrote:  Oh wait, I got it...

Maybe it's reverse psychology and he's trying to get us to admit that no one really exist so he doesn't have to pay child support...
Or he is trying to start an elaborate conspiracy where you can never be certain I am not you and you are not me. And if I am you then me paying you anything for any reason is stupid since I am just paying myself and all your money belongs to me.

Or shifting the burden of proof. That's less fun but more likely. Dodgy

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
20-02-2013, 08:44 AM
(20-02-2013 07:34 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  You ducked the second part of my post, that it might be me, the ever-lovely pj, posting as you.

Deliberate dishonesty is a lame excuse for being disingenuous since logically there is no such thing as "proof" of something which does not exist. Having so little regard for or indeed, faith in the very concept of faith, while resorting to "playing their game" only serves to diminish the validity of any point you might wish to make.

The only "proof" of any part of faith you display or provide is your own lack of faith; if your faith had any strength, there would be no need for proof . Faith is faith ... simply accept that people who have none, do not experience your experiences.

I don't need you to experience my lack of faith but you are proving yours is very weak when you seek it in others.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 4 users Like kim's post