Run The Gauntlet

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 2 Average
28-02-2013, 12:47 PM
RE: Run The Gauntlet
(28-02-2013 12:45 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:I think most people here think not only is what you just said possible.. it's probably likely. A superior being to man in the universe, most likely. That's not the same as a deity.. which doesn't have to exist in anyway. The only evidence for one is that many different deities have sprung up across the world to explain the unexplainable in different cultures, And once writing was invented, the ideas of some of them from the time were written and still many different ones are believed today. They're very contradictory so I'm not sure why one would accept one over the other or how they would know one is supposedly true.
Okay, if you think it's likely that superior beings are somewhere in this wide universe, what limits would you be willing to put on their technology? Thanks.
None in theory. Although things being likely or having evidence at this stage make assumptions about it limited.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-02-2013, 12:53 PM (This post was last modified: 28-02-2013 01:28 PM by Bucky Ball.)
Oooooooooh. Coded messages. I'll have to dig out my Dick Tracy decoder ring.
Always the "code". Secret messages, Bible code, ONLY for the initiates, secret fucking coded messages ONLY for beliebers, yet out of the other side of her face she's trolling about how ethics and belief is valid because it's popular. Hahaha.
SexuallyPleasingJebus is loosing ALL her sex appeal.
(And why can't her fucking god just stop with the games already?)

BTW, has anyone noticed that SPJ only posts during the day ? Only uses her employer's time to troll the internet. Hmmm.

SPJ says : "I say it's "reasonable and credible" that the Bible was written by honest eyewitnesses", yet offer no reason to accept that. As usual she just criticizes other's arguments, yet never really offers any of her own, or (as usual) backs up anything with anything. The Bible was mostly a poliical document written to further the goals of it's writers, thus is inherently unbelieveable. We know most of it was NOT written by "eyewitnesses", (as any scholar knows). SPJ is a troll of the first order, ignorant of the basics of argumentation, and the suject she thinks she is qualified to argue about.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
28-02-2013, 01:08 PM
A couple of minutes ago, my mother informed me that my grandmother's chemotherapy isn't working and that the doctors say that she doesn't have much longer to live.

Is this the evidence you were talking about, PleaseJesus?

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
28-02-2013, 01:16 PM
(28-02-2013 12:44 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  But let's move on. Why is only physical evidence appropriate to prove the existence of God? Please explain.
Allow me to refer you to the thread in which I have already explained my reasoning behind that stance:

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...-Christian

You only need to read the posts that DarthMarth and I have made.

(28-02-2013 12:44 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  PS. Feel free to demonstrate why you're open to evidence that is available to you less than 30 minutes from now...
I don't have the slightest clue as to how I am supposed to do that.

28-02-2013, 01:26 PM
Shit, I hope you didn't videotape it. xD PJ may have other uses for it.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
28-02-2013, 02:21 PM
Quote:None in theory. Although things being likely or having evidence at this stage make assumptions about it limited.
Okay, then if we ourselves advanced to deep space travel, and planted space seed, would it be logical for the intelligent life we planted to seek contact with us later in their development?
28-02-2013, 02:23 PM
Quote:SPJ says : "I say it's "reasonable and credible" that the Bible was written by honest eyewitnesses", yet offer no reason to accept that. As usual she just criticizes other's arguments, yet never really offers any of her own, or (as usual) backs up anything with anything. The Bible was mostly a poliical document written to further the goals of it's writers, thus is inherently unbelieveable. We know most of it was NOT written by "eyewitnesses", (as any scholar knows). SPJ is a troll of the first order, ignorant of the basics of argumentation, and the suject she thinks she is qualified to argue about.
And here U R, making an assertion, "Most scholars know" without facts in the same post where you accuse me? Be consistent. Further, the documents with one exception affirm first-hand knowledge. Please provide your empirical evidence that demonstrates the NT documents claiming eyewitness accounts are not eyewitness accounts.
28-02-2013, 02:25 PM
Quote:A couple of minutes ago, my mother informed me that my grandmother's chemotherapy isn't working and that the doctors say that she doesn't have much longer to live.

Is this the evidence you were talking about, PleaseJesus?
Certainly not. I am saddened to hear your news. I am going to my own grandmother's memorial service in NYC this weekend and feel sincere empathy for your situation.
28-02-2013, 02:25 PM
I'll just reiterate for anyone new to this thread.

If SleazyJesus applied the same level of skepticism and credulity to the Bible and his/her/its God, as he/she/it has to his/her/its fellow human beings and forums members, then he/she/it would be a de facto atheist.

Thank you, that is all... Drinking Beverage

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
28-02-2013, 02:26 PM
(28-02-2013 02:25 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Certainly not. I am saddened to hear your news. I am going to my own grandmother's memorial service in NYC this weekend and feel sincere empathy for your situation.
Likewise. Thank you for the kind words.