Run The Gauntlet

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 2 Average
12-03-2013, 09:29 AM
RE: Run The Gauntlet
Quote:I'm blown away! I'm horrified at the thought that there could be communities of people who think like this. I'm so glad I live in Australia where this sort of bone-headed rhetoric never gets an airing.
Well, sir, perhaps you'd care to try our American spin on freedom of speech sometime. Here, we ensure intellectual freedom rather than persecute freethinkers or Christians in Medieval fashion! And yes, my point remains. The American academic community is by some estimates (based on voting patterns and etc.) up to 98.5% extremely liberal. It does not represent a mainstream view in mores, ethics... or belief in God... or the Bible. BB is getting a decidedly slanted view of all things scientific, ethical and religious. That's the way it is... again, let's defend the freedom of his academic mentors but let's allow for free speech from us conservatives too... as we do in the U.S.A. - Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2013, 09:37 AM
Whatever % of American Academia is "liberal" doesn't change the scientific method and research. Political views (how we should govern ourselves) is completely fucking different from what are scientific facts and evidence. I know its convenient to dismiss those liberals and their agenda (I'll admit that I disagree with a lot of their platform), however, that doesn't mean that I dismiss their work and methods regarding history & science. I know its so easy for you to just dismiss people and scientific theories based on labels so that you can continue to live in your lobotomized world, but it is that kind of behavior that has caused untold suffering and death throughout the ages.
[+] 1 user Likes devilsadvoc8's post
12-03-2013, 12:40 PM (This post was last modified: 13-03-2013 01:58 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(12-03-2013 09:29 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:I'm blown away! I'm horrified at the thought that there could be communities of people who think like this. I'm so glad I live in Australia where this sort of bone-headed rhetoric never gets an airing.
Well, sir, perhaps you'd care to try our American spin on freedom of speech sometime. Here, we ensure intellectual freedom rather than persecute freethinkers or Christians in Medieval fashion! And yes, my point remains. The American academic community is by some estimates (based on voting patterns and etc.) up to 98.5% extremely liberal. It does not represent a mainstream view in mores, ethics... or belief in God... or the Bible. BB is getting a decidedly slanted view of all things scientific, ethical and religious. That's the way it is... again, let's defend the freedom of his academic mentors but let's allow for free speech from us conservatives too... as we do in the U.S.A. - Thanks!

All bullshit presuppositionalism. You have no clue what "I get". There is no "slant" on science. You arrogantly assume you, with your pathetic degree know more than all the scholars with doctorates. You also assume one cannot think for themself, and critically evaluate what is taught. Without even knowing someone you make ignorant judgements. Go ply your crap somewhere else, and preach to the deluded. You have converted no one, and never will. BTW, the messiah was supposed to restore the KINGDOM of Israel. There is no temple. Your stupid soothsaying has NOT come true. Your repeated attempts to marginalize and discredit main-line scholarship is dishonest, and pathetic.
http://www.crivoice.org/prophecyprediction.html

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
14-03-2013, 08:41 AM
Quote:All bullshit presuppositionalism. You have no clue what "I get". There is no "slant" on science. You arrogantly assume you, with your pathetic degree know more than all the scholars with doctorates. You also assume one cannot think for themself, and critically evaluate what is taught. Without even knowing someone you make ignorant judgements. Go ply your crap somewhere else, and preach to the deluded. You have converted no one, and never will. BTW, the messiah was supposed to restore the KINGDOM of Israel. There is no temple. Your stupid soothsaying has NOT come true. Your repeated attempts to marginalize and discredit main-line scholarship is dishonest, and pathetic.
http://www.crivoice.org/prophecyprediction.html[url=http://www.crivoice.org/prophecyprediction.html
http://www.crivoice.org/prophecyprediction.html[/url][/quote]

1. Thank you for the URL. I read the Prophecy and Prediction article today, and there were salient points. That article did not discount the prophetic office of telling the future, however. Rather, it set it in context and provided a balanced view. Again, nearly 1/3 of the Holy Bible is written/told in future tense.

2. Your ad hom attacks are doing nothing to aid this debate, nor did you respond to any of my points above. This is typical of your arguments. First, you assault me for citing few resources. Than when I do, courteously and politely, you curse and harangue me. Feel free to address my points instead and show your excellent knowledge. I'm almost certain you don't assault your TA's and professors when they share contrary opinions with you.

3. Yes, I'm aware that the Messiah has not yet resurrected King David or restored Kingdom Israel. Yes, I'm aware that the third temple has not been constructed yet, though a cornerstone was laid in modern times and a current Yeshiva exists 150 yards from the temple mount to train Levitical priests today! I hope you are aware as a well-balanced addition to your own doctoral studies how evangelicals parse the scriptures into Christ's first advent and His triumphant return.

4. As I wrote in point 2, I've made quite a number of points, just in my prior post alone. Feel free to respond. We'll both learn something, I'm sure.
14-03-2013, 08:46 AM
Quote:Whatever % of American Academia is "liberal" doesn't change the scientific method and research. Political views (how we should govern ourselves) is completely fucking different from what are scientific facts and evidence. I know its convenient to dismiss those liberals and their agenda (I'll admit that I disagree with a lot of their platform), however, that doesn't mean that I dismiss their work and methods regarding history & science. I know its so easy for you to just dismiss people and scientific theories based on labels so that you can continue to live in your lobotomized world, but it is that kind of behavior that has caused untold suffering and death throughout the ages.
I think I follow your line of reasoning. Correct me where I'm wrong?

1. Liberal academics use the scientific method in their research, including the naturalist approach to exploring metaphysics, religion and philosophy. The scientific method shields them from any possible bias.

2. Some conservatives (including born again Christians who happen to be conservatives) dismiss all scientific theories, those who advocate them, and are utterly biased. As a matter of fact, American born again Christians promote biases that will ultimately lead to death and suffering.

Have I accurately reflected the proposition in your last post?

Thank you.
[+] 1 user Likes PleaseJesus's post
14-03-2013, 05:21 PM
(14-03-2013 08:46 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:Whatever % of American Academia is "liberal" doesn't change the scientific method and research. Political views (how we should govern ourselves) is completely fucking different from what are scientific facts and evidence. I know its convenient to dismiss those liberals and their agenda (I'll admit that I disagree with a lot of their platform), however, that doesn't mean that I dismiss their work and methods regarding history & science. I know its so easy for you to just dismiss people and scientific theories based on labels so that you can continue to live in your lobotomized world, but it is that kind of behavior that has caused untold suffering and death throughout the ages.
I think I follow your line of reasoning. Correct me where I'm wrong?

1. Liberal academics use the scientific method in their research, including the naturalist approach to exploring metaphysics, religion and philosophy. The scientific method shields them from any possible bias.

2. Some conservatives (including born again Christians who happen to be conservatives) dismiss all scientific theories, those who advocate them, and are utterly biased. As a matter of fact, American born again Christians promote biases that will ultimately lead to death and suffering.

Have I accurately reflected the proposition in your last post?

Thank you.
no no no and no

I don't give a flying shit what someone's "political" views are if their science is good as long as they are talking science. There are certainly liberal scientists as well as conservative scientists. Their political views have absolutely no bearing on the origins of the universe, evolution, etc. YOU brought up a bias that equated political views and scientific views. I contend your connection is false. If you want to use hyperbole and act all butt hurt with a generalization regarding born agains, by all means, continue to look the fool on this forum. Why should you change?

Political views are not governed by the scientific method. I am merely pointing out the false connection you made between the two.
14-03-2013, 07:08 PM
Fucking PJ... lemme tell you a little secret. Prophets do not tell the future because there is no future.

I know about prophets because I am a prophet. I remember standing before the creator of the universe and accepting the title of prophet. But no matter what you may hear from others, it is not soothsaying that validates the prophet, rather wondrous sign. Like being a recognized prophet on an atheist forum.

Here's a for instance. The mountain explodes. Last week, I predicted - in the name of god - that the mountain would explode. For the kicker... when did the mountain explode? Now.

See how that works? Here's another. Boss says the tiles are coming in on Friday. Do I expect my crew to be awed at all the packages? To "speak for god" is to speak for god. In all other cases, use predictive modeling. Thumbsup

If you came here to test your faith, congratulations. You get an A. But if you came here to test ours, spin 'em.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
14-03-2013, 09:27 PM
(11-03-2013 02:15 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  but you must understand, these same scholars are anti-biblical in every sense, pro-abortion, pro-fornication outside marriage, pro-liberal (over 90% of secular academics voting for Clinton and Obama twice, etc.)... there's no mystery that secular universities are filled with Atheist religious scholars (where Christianity and Judaism are concerned with the exception of devout Jews who teach Hebrew language studies)... in my college, only one T.A. was a believer... just be careful lest the blind lead the blind into a pit... you're so quick to quote scholastic authorities, are your professors correct about every philosophical and scientific pretext they teach, always? Think for yourself...!

First he proclaims his self-righteous moral superiority, (with no references or support), then bitches when people fling "ad homs". What a hypocritical joke.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
14-03-2013, 10:12 PM
(14-03-2013 09:27 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(11-03-2013 02:15 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  but you must understand, these same scholars are anti-biblical in every sense, pro-abortion, pro-fornication outside marriage, pro-liberal (over 90% of secular academics voting for Clinton and Obama twice, etc.)... there's no mystery that secular universities are filled with Atheist religious scholars (where Christianity and Judaism are concerned with the exception of devout Jews who teach Hebrew language studies)... in my college, only one T.A. was a believer... just be careful lest the blind lead the blind into a pit... you're so quick to quote scholastic authorities, are your professors correct about every philosophical and scientific pretext they teach, always? Think for yourself...!

First he proclaims his self-righteous moral superiority, (with no references or support), then bitches when people fling "ad homs". What a hypocritical joke.

It's only an ad hominen, and thus a logical fallacy, when personal attacks are used in place of an argument. We most often insult him on top of arguments and evidence. That is not an ad hominen, as the evidence and arguments stand on their own. What it is, is well deserved insults stemming from his abysmal presence on the forums. He almost never looks at presented evidence (because he almost never responds to it, and if he does, its just to keep saying the same thing he did before). His grasp of logic, the burden of proof, and what constitutes evidence, are all on par with that of a elementary school dropout.

I'm not an asshole because he's a theist. I'm an asshole because he's a stupid troll.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
15-03-2013, 04:15 AM
(14-03-2013 10:12 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I'm not an asshole because he's a theist. I'm an asshole because he's a stupid troll.

and I'm an asshole 'cause I'm an asshole. Big Grin

But I don't find PJ that annoying.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post