Run The Gauntlet

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 2 Average
15-03-2013, 04:16 AM
RE: Run The Gauntlet
(15-03-2013 04:15 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(14-03-2013 10:12 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I'm not an asshole because he's a theist. I'm an asshole because he's a stupid troll.

and I'm an asshole 'cause I'm an asshole. Big Grin

But I don't find PJ that annoying.

I'm not *just* an asshole. There are other bits attached.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
15-03-2013, 04:21 AM
(15-03-2013 04:16 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(15-03-2013 04:15 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  and I'm an asshole 'cause I'm an asshole. Big Grin

But I don't find PJ that annoying.

I'm not *just* an asshole. There are other bits attached.
Moron bits and dog bits? Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
15-03-2013, 06:44 AM
(15-03-2013 04:21 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(15-03-2013 04:16 AM)morondog Wrote:  I'm not *just* an asshole. There are other bits attached.
Moron bits and dog bits? Big Grin

kibbles n bits

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
15-03-2013, 08:33 AM
Quote:It's only an ad hominen, and thus a logical fallacy, when personal attacks are used in place of an argument. We most often insult him on top of arguments and evidence. That is not an ad hominen, as the evidence and arguments stand on their own. What it is, is well deserved insults stemming from his abysmal presence on the forums. He almost never looks at presented evidence (because he almost never responds to it, and if he does, its just to keep saying the same thing he did before). His grasp of logic, the burden of proof, and what constitutes evidence, are all on par with that of a elementary school dropout.

I'm not an asshole because he's a theist. I'm an asshole because he's a stupid troll.
I noticed that pattern, of course. I get invective and facts, but yesterday I was recounting to a friend all the fact "zingers" I've shared that have been skipped, and skipped, and dodged. And the pattern is without the Holy Spirit's fruit of self-control, y'all have to curse and gnash your teeth when you get zinged. For example, I'm still waiting for a response to this:
"If this thread is about you proving your existence before I prove God's existence, and the best you can do is state that it's evident that you exist somewhere even if it's on a Matrix plane somewhere else that interacts with us on Earth, how come I must accept your immaterial plane without empirical evidence but you hold a double standard for God's possible (probable existence) as materialists?"
Resolved: Materialists hold double standards for evidence and empiricism where it suits them.
15-03-2013, 08:35 AM
(15-03-2013 08:33 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:It's only an ad hominen, and thus a logical fallacy, when personal attacks are used in place of an argument. We most often insult him on top of arguments and evidence. That is not an ad hominen, as the evidence and arguments stand on their own. What it is, is well deserved insults stemming from his abysmal presence on the forums. He almost never looks at presented evidence (because he almost never responds to it, and if he does, its just to keep saying the same thing he did before). His grasp of logic, the burden of proof, and what constitutes evidence, are all on par with that of a elementary school dropout.

I'm not an asshole because he's a theist. I'm an asshole because he's a stupid troll.
I noticed that pattern, of course. I get invective and facts, but yesterday I was recounting to a friend all the fact "zingers" I've shared that have been skipped, and skipped, and dodged. And the pattern is without the Holy Spirit's fruit of self-control, y'all have to curse and gnash your teeth when you get zinged. For example, I'm still waiting for a response to this:
"If this thread is about you proving your existence before I prove God's existence, and the best you can do is state that it's evident that you exist somewhere even if it's on a Matrix plane somewhere else that interacts with us on Earth, how come I must accept your immaterial plane without empirical evidence but you hold a double standard for God's possible (probable existence) as materialists?"
Resolved: Materialists hold double standards for evidence and empiricism where it suits them.
Drinking Beverage

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
15-03-2013, 08:36 AM
That's not a zinger. This...
[Image: zingers.jpg]

is a zinger. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
15-03-2013, 08:36 AM
Quote:no no no and no

I don't give a flying shit what someone's "political" views are if their science is good as long as they are talking science. There are certainly liberal scientists as well as conservative scientists. Their political views have absolutely no bearing on the origins of the universe, evolution, etc. YOU brought up a bias that equated political views and scientific views. I contend your connection is false. If you want to use hyperbole and act all butt hurt with a generalization regarding born agains, by all means, continue to look the fool on this forum. Why should you change?

Political views are not governed by the scientific method. I am merely pointing out the false connection you made between the two.
Granted, sir. I reread your post again and realized you were accusing me, and not a class of conservatives or born agains, as acting in a biased fashion and without knowledge. Of course, this is special pleading for your points:
[*]assertion that the opponent lacks the qualifications necessary to comprehend a point of viewExample: I know you think that quantum mechanics does not always make sense. There are things about quantum mechanics that you don't have the education to understand.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_pleading
Which point of view you haven't backed with facts or logic: "How does your choice of scientific method AND without any allowance for spiritual phenomena not include a confirmatory bias against such phenomena should any such evidence present itself?"
15-03-2013, 08:38 AM
Quote:Fucking PJ... lemme tell you a little secret. Prophets do not tell the future because there is no future.

I know about prophets because I am a prophet. I remember standing before the creator of the universe and accepting the title of prophet. But no matter what you may hear from others, it is not soothsaying that validates the prophet, rather wondrous sign. Like being a recognized prophet on an atheist forum.

Here's a for instance. The mountain explodes. Last week, I predicted - in the name of god - that the mountain would explode. For the kicker... when did the mountain explode? Now.

See how that works? Here's another. Boss says the tiles are coming in on Friday. Do I expect my crew to be awed at all the packages? To "speak for god" is to speak for god. In all other cases, use predictive modeling. [Image: thumbsup.gif]

If you came here to test your faith, congratulations. You get an A. But if you came here to test ours, spin 'em.
What predictive modeling do you feel Job, Isaiah and others used to predict the resurrection of Jesus? (Spare me the "Paul made it up later" nonsense, too. I'm just trying to make a point.) Smile
15-03-2013, 08:42 AM
(15-03-2013 08:35 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(15-03-2013 08:33 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I noticed that pattern, of course. I get invective and facts, but yesterday I was recounting to a friend all the fact "zingers" I've shared that have been skipped, and skipped, and dodged. And the pattern is without the Holy Spirit's fruit of self-control, y'all have to curse and gnash your teeth when you get zinged. For example, I'm still waiting for a response to this:
Drinking Beverage
And your cup of coffee is just that--yet ANOTHER dodge. I'd possibly choose you over any live debate partner, TBD! Your style thus far with me is:
1. You big idiot, all this stuff is already resolved in academic circles! [URL Links here]
2. Now, I will let everyone know I'm not responding to your dozen recent logic and evidence challenges by sipping this delicious coffee!
3. Rinse and repeat.
You wouldn't last 15 minutes in a live debate with me, my friend. And you ARE my friend. I love you and Jesus loves you, too. Take a minute and use that brain of yours (I know you are VERY smart but mostly love to quote academic authorities, sort of like the Pharisees in Jesus's day who loved to cite what previous rabbinical scholars had decided rather than tackle things on their own or dare to step out in faith) and answer me how you can use Carl Sagan's method of skeptical inquiry to inquire about spiritual things without having a skeptical bias...!
15-03-2013, 08:48 AM
Dude! All's well in the world...Jesus loves you and so does PJ...everything is settled now, it's all good! Wink

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post