Run The Gauntlet

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 2 Average
15-03-2013, 09:41 AM
RE: Run The Gauntlet
(15-03-2013 08:33 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I noticed that pattern, of course. I get invective and facts, but yesterday I was recounting to a friend all the fact "zingers" I've shared that have been skipped, and skipped, and dodged. And the pattern is without the Holy Spirit's fruit of self-control, y'all have to curse and gnash your teeth when you get zinged. For example, I'm still waiting for a response to this:
"If this thread is about you proving your existence before I prove God's existence, and the best you can do is state that it's evident that you exist somewhere even if it's on a Matrix plane somewhere else that interacts with us on Earth, how come I must accept your immaterial plane without empirical evidence but you hold a double standard for God's possible (probable existence) as materialists?"
Resolved: Materialists hold double standards for evidence and empiricism where it suits them.

HAHAHAHahahaha!

[Image: 34976930.jpg]

You claiming that we have the double standard? That is RICH!

All you've done is move the goal post to a hypothetical point that is now simply unobtainable, because you are simply UNABLE to provide ANY evidence for any of your bullshit claims. You make doge after doge after dodge, then claim us of dodging. You are projecting so hard it hurts. You made a silly challenge without a well defined goal, then moved back said goalpost every time we pushed you for a clearer definition or provided better evidence. You are a fucking joke. Now you hide behind your terrible Matrix analogy, because you are simply unable to provide evidence to at least MATCH what we have provided. Not absolute proof, but at least evidence on par with what can be (and has been) provided over a web forum. You can't even do that, so fuck off. You got nothing. Go cry some more.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-03-2013, 09:43 AM
(15-03-2013 08:48 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Dude! All's well in the world...Jesus loves you and so does PJ...everything is settled now, it's all good! Wink
Drinking Beverage I have moved on to an espresso roast Hobo . Things seem like they are starting to slow down.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
15-03-2013, 12:57 PM
PJ: Double standard. Why? Because the burden of proof is on you and there's nothing you can do to prove the existence of god to us beyond cheap, fallible analogies? That's cute. But we're not asking for much. Proof. If I tell you that there's a little man in a pink polka-dot jumpsuit doing backflips on our moon that is clearly visible to me during a full moon, you'd want proof too! If I couldn't provide the proof, you'd laugh me off as a lunatic, even if I started spewing random analogies about probability or said, "PJ, you don't believe in my moon man. Prove to me that YOU exist or my argument of moon man's existence is still valid!"
15-03-2013, 01:04 PM
(15-03-2013 08:42 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  You wouldn't last 15 minutes in a live debate with me, my friend. And you ARE my friend. I love you and Jesus loves you, too.
There is no Jebus. Jebus got himself executed 2000 years ago, so if you both "love" him equally, it's not at all, obviously. As far as the "15 minutes" go, that's not how debates work, so obviously you've never been in one, my HumbleSexuallyPleasingJebusTroll. Love obviously is a meaningless generalization to HSPJT.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
15-03-2013, 02:06 PM
PJ

What exactly are you trying to achieve here
Why are you playing a game that can't be won.

You say we have the proof and you want to tell us about it (or maybe you're charged to do it, either way), or maybe you don't have any proof.

A basic understanding of and Atheist is we came to the conclusion that we cannot find find anything to prove that any supernatural being ever existed (and never existed, we can't prove nor disprove the existence). if some thing were to come along that says your god or any god does in fact exist, there is no doubt about it then we will have finally found the proof we need.

Now you come along on say you have proof, most on this forum may be waiting for the argument so that they can shred it to ribbons. I however am going with the thought of "this guy seems very confident in his proof, will it stand up to scrutiny".

However you appear to have no desire to inform us of how you know this truth and would rather play a childish game and just watch us run around...and lets be honest here, we appear to be running around.

i will not attempt to prove my existence as there is nothing i can do that will satisfying......
Hmm, after typing that last statement i may have just figured out your game (and i emphasise "may), to say "no matter what we say we cannot convince you we are real" and then equate that from the level of a deity......

if i'm right you are saying that god is unable to convince us that he exist because we cannot prove to you that we exist.
Well played sir, well played but it that is proof of anything to me it is the Your God does not appear to be all powerfull

hmmm...
18-03-2013, 12:04 PM
Quote:PJ: Double standard. Why? Because the burden of proof is on you and there's nothing you can do to prove the existence of god to us beyond cheap, fallible analogies? That's cute. But we're not asking for much. Proof. If I tell you that there's a little man in a pink polka-dot jumpsuit doing backflips on our moon that is clearly visible to me during a full moon, you'd want proof too! If I couldn't provide the proof, you'd laugh me off as a lunatic, even if I started spewing random analogies about probability or said, "PJ, you don't believe in my moon man. Prove to me that YOU exist or my argument of moon man's existence is still valid!"
You're missing the point. For one thing, empirical proof does not prove that you exist. Especially since the skeptic's assumption is that reality is material in nature! But, I digress. We're not talking about you telling me about a polka-dotted lunar being. We're talking about the freethinker assumption that most people at all times and in all places are absolutely incorrect regarding the existence of something millions of them claim to have interacted with/seen/heard, etc. Your post (typical of dozens on this thread alone) is like saying you don't believe in tornadoes because one hasn't hit your living room yet. You have to go to a tornadic location AND be there under the right weather conditions to get your "share" of empirical evidence. Period.
18-03-2013, 12:29 PM (This post was last modified: 18-03-2013 01:09 PM by darthbreezy.)
(18-03-2013 12:04 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:PJ: Double standard. Why? Because the burden of proof is on you and there's nothing you can do to prove the existence of god to us beyond cheap, fallible analogies? That's cute. But we're not asking for much. Proof. If I tell you that there's a little man in a pink polka-dot jumpsuit doing backflips on our moon that is clearly visible to me during a full moon, you'd want proof too! If I couldn't provide the proof, you'd laugh me off as a lunatic, even if I started spewing random analogies about probability or said, "PJ, you don't believe in my moon man. Prove to me that YOU exist or my argument of moon man's existence is still valid!"
You're missing the point. For one thing, empirical proof does not prove that you exist. Especially since the skeptic's assumption is that reality is material in nature! But, I digress. We're not talking about you telling me about a polka-dotted lunar being. We're talking about the freethinker assumption that most people at all times and in all places are absolutely incorrect regarding the existence of something millions of them claim to have interacted with/seen/heard, etc. Your post (typical of dozens on this thread alone) is like saying you don't believe in tornadoes because one hasn't hit your living room yet. You have to go to a tornadic location AND be there under the right weather conditions to get your "share" of empirical evidence. Period.

You ended something with "Period." It must mean it's a good counter-argument. Wait...Anyways, I'm not missing the point. It doesn't matter if we're not talking about my made-up (and pretty damn fabulous) lunar being. If you're claiming that I can't even prove my own existence, and trying to apply it to an argument for god's existence, then I should be able to retest your hypothesis with my pink moon man (and with Bigfoot, bug-eyed Martians, UFOs, unicorns, and so on) and have the same results. Besides, I saw a tornado rip out our fence when I was a child and even if I do not exist in the form that I believe I'm existing in, I am sentient in some manner of speaking for even dreaming up this world. Although if I'm just dreaming my life and acting as if it's real, I would be less poor and my apartment wouldn't be freezing right now. EDIT: And at least I can look on the weather channel, decide I want to chase a tornado, and go do it. Finally, if my post is "typical of dozens on this thread alone," it's because you've answered nothing and your hypothesis/argument is severely flawed and we're pointing it out to you over and over again.

Keep your rosaries out of my ovaries, and your theology out of my biology.
"If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people." --Dr. House
18-03-2013, 12:54 PM
(15-03-2013 02:06 PM)ShadowSkippie Wrote:  Hmm, after typing that last statement i may have just figured out your game (and i emphasise "may), to say "no matter what we say we cannot convince you we are real" and then equate that from the level of a deity......

if i'm right you are saying that god is unable to convince us that he exist because we cannot prove to you that we exist.
Well played sir, well played

Of course you are correct. That is exactly his game. Collect hundreds of posts of us failing to prove we exist and then he can say "Bazinga! You dumb atheists can't even prove you exist, how can you expect any mortal to prove to you that a supernatural God exists."

Which is entirely beside the point for most other, saner, theists.

We on this forum don't have God's omnipotence. We cannot simply send our Holy Ghost to fill PJ with the knowledge that we exist the way God can. We cannot simply snap our fingers and alter reality such that PJ believes we are real the way God can. Our inability to prove our existence is based upon us being bound by natural rules and physical laws, none of which bind God in the slightest.

We cannot prove our own existence but God can because he's omnipotent and fully capable of doing anything, including proving himself to all of us. Approaching 600 posts now and PJ is still wasting everyone's time with this because he knows his "proof" is just an empty gimmick.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post
18-03-2013, 01:04 PM
Just cause millions of people have a delusion, doesn't make it any less delusional. Tongue

Besides, they're programmed to have and share this delusion.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
18-03-2013, 01:10 PM
Depends what you accept as proof I guess. I'm pretty sure there has to be a human on the other end of your posts for example, because they're wide ranging, the use of language and metaphor etc is really beyond what machines can achieve, at least right now, and as far as I know. So I'll take it as proven that you exist...

I suppose it also depends what you mean by exist. Occupy meat space is more or less my definition. Pretty sure PJ's God doesn't occupy meat space. I suppose even if you were a program somewhere there'd definitely have to be some ones and zeroes somewhere in meat space / shiny metal space. Yer can't really get away from that...

So... but semantic games are boring. Even if God could be said to exist, unless he's more interesting than I dunno, a tomato, I don't really see the point of getting excited.