• 6 Votes - 2 Average
20-02-2013, 06:30 PM
RE: Run The Gauntlet
(20-02-2013 06:20 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(20-02-2013 12:34 PM)kim Wrote:  Ew. Sadcryface

You might want to take a shower after that. Shy

Actually, I cut off my hand. Shocking
Did it offend thee?

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post
20-02-2013, 08:33 PM
i dont exist..
20-02-2013, 08:41 PM
Actually I met Jesus. He WAS sexually pleasing.
(Just kidding .. but he looked like he could have been somebody's messiah).
Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

20-02-2013, 08:50 PM
(20-02-2013 11:34 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(20-02-2013 11:27 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Hey guys, so I just found out that I'm actually PleaseJesus.... But you'll never prove it.

Once you prove you're SleazeJesus, I'll prove I'm Egor.

3...2...1...Go
Oh, now that's just ridiculous...

You can't sink that low.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
20-02-2013, 09:00 PM
(20-02-2013 08:50 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(20-02-2013 11:34 AM)Chas Wrote:  Once you prove you're SleazeJesus, I'll prove I'm Egor.

3...2...1...Go
Oh, now that's just ridiculous...

You can't sink that low.
Low? LOW? If Chas reveals that he created Egor way back as a prank, I will hail him as a master artist and the world's most ingenious troll. ALL HAIL!

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
20-02-2013, 11:16 PM (This post was last modified: 20-02-2013 11:22 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(20-02-2013 06:01 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(20-02-2013 07:34 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  You ducked the second part of my post, that it might be me, the ever-lovely pj, posting as you.
No the point of this thread will be made evident by me as soon as anyone demonstrates proof on this thread that they exist -- I'll give you more breathing room, too. If you cannot prove to our satisfaction on this thread that you exist, you can prove that I exist. And then I'll prove God exists.
C'mon, what a small thing for you learned folks to do--prove that you exist... and then I'll prove that God exists, and as promised, beyond that fact that Jesus is the true Messiah, God and King.
Thanks!
[Image: 6jTmakF.jpg]

I exist.

You just made me realize, that I had already proven my existence as well. Not only that, but I went three better.

[Image: 311666_3379366967323_1889949096_n.jpg]

Not only do I exists, but so does my best friend, favorite cousin, and youngest brother. We all exist, and here is the ordinary evidence (a contemporary photo) for our ordinary claim (the existence of 4 people on a planet of over 6 billion of them).

Your turn PleasingJesus...

P.S. fstratzero has some epic sideburns. Carry on. Thumbsup

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
21-02-2013, 03:14 AM
(20-02-2013 12:34 PM)kim Wrote:  
(20-02-2013 11:34 AM)Chas Wrote:  .... I'll prove I'm Egor.

Ew. Sadcryface

You might want to take a shower after that. Shy
If I could press "like" more than once I would....very funny!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-02-2013, 07:04 AM
(20-02-2013 09:00 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(20-02-2013 08:50 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Oh, now that's just ridiculous...

You can't sink that low.
Low? LOW? If Chas reveals that he created Egor way back as a prank, I will hail him as a master artist and the world's most ingenious troll. ALL HAIL!

I could only wish to be that creative, clever, and hard-working.

Alas, I am not. Weeping

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-02-2013, 08:03 AM (This post was last modified: 21-02-2013 08:09 AM by PleaseJesus.)
Quote:Sort out your existentialism, then you can come and talk with the grown ups. Here's a clue: you can get out of the "cogito ergo sum" cul de sac by deciding that regardless of what really exists or doesn't exist, your perceptions paint a world with objects and rules, and you have no choice but to call this reality. Most of us figure this out sometime between ages 0 and 1. Some people relapse in their teens or early 20s after studying philosophy, but don't worry. As long as you're smarter than a newborn fucking baby you should be able to figure it out.
Yes, well, congratulations, Phaedrus, you've just proved to YOURSELF that you MIGHT exist. Now, prove it to me.

Quote:Here it is again, for the third time: What do you consider proof of my existence?
More than you've provided, Vosur, which is zero.

Quote:Okay. You've declined to restrict the working definition of "existence", so I'll pick one of my own. (Please note that this isn't just semantic games, but a critical point in whether something exists. If you wish to put forward a different working definition for existence at a later date, please do so by responding to my earlier post.) Based on this working definition of existence, I'll provide a proof of my undeniable existence. Note that this is not the same thing as an undeniable proof of my existence.

Existence traditionally connotes presence or inclusion of the element in question in a larger domain, sphere, category, or set. The word "universe" gets thrown around a lot. Defining existence, therefore, hinges on defining the universe. Again, there are multiple possible ways of defining it. I'll start with a model of subjective universes (essentially spheres of perception) and incorporate these into the notion of an absolute universe later on.

Because I'm talking about subjective universes, I can talk about MY universe as opposed to YOUR universe. My universe consists of everything I perceive, be it directly or indirectly. For example, I directly perceive various neural signals enterring my mind, and through this indirectly perceive photons striking my retina, and through those indirectly perceive the text on this laptop, and through that indirectly perceive you. Therefore, you exist in my universe.

If something in my universe itself perceives something, that something is also in my universe if I perceive its perception. For example, if my dog hears something in the middle of the night and starts barking, I haven't perceived what he's barking at, but I've registered indirectly through his perception of it that SOMETHING is out there. Or maybe it's just in my dog's head. My dog's neurotic. In either case, that something exists in some form.

Note, by the way, that while you exist in my universe, your nature is undefined. You might be an AI programmed to troll religious sites, or a delusion in my mind while I'm strapped to a gurney in an insane assylum somewhere, or simply a daydream in which I mentally simulate what a theist might do or say. But I still perceive you, therefore you exist in some manner or another. A month ago, you hadn't started posting yet, I had no cognizance of you, and thus you did not exist within my universe. But when you started posting, you moved into my universe, along with any personal history you might share.

With this definition of existence, Descartes' "I think therefore I am" is a truism. Or maybe "I perceive that I think, therefore I am." Either way, I exist in my own universe because I perceive that I do. A subjective universe requires a subject to perceive it.

Similarly, I exist in your universe because you perceive me. At least, I'm assuming that you perceive me. Come to think of it, I don't recall that you've ever replied to a single one of my posts. In any case, if you don't perceive me, by all means call me out on this point.
Now, for the idea of an absolute universe. I'll provide an inclusive definition; note that this definition does not rule things out, but rather rules thing in. If someone exists in an absolute universe, their consciousness (as an element of them) also exists in that absolute universe, and thus so does everything they perceive. The entirety of their subjective universe is included with them. Again, the NATURE of the things they perceive isn't clearly defined. What they perceive might exist as they perceive it, or be an internal delusion, but in one form or another it also exists in the absolute universe.

Therefore, if you exist in some absolute universe, and you perceive me, then I exist in it as well. To deny that I exist would be to deny that you exist. But then, if you deny it, the denial would clearly be false, because if you didn't exist, there would be no you to be denying anything. Therefore, my existence is undeniable.

Have fun, and watch your step, I laid a few mines on this road.
Reltzik, I read your post fully and carefully. I'll say this, your premises are all based on subjectivity. What if I were to affirm that you don't exist, and that I'm imagining you completely? For example, this is PRECISELY what Atheists accuse Christians of doing with Jesus and God.

Quote:Nicely played, PJ.
Of course, you know that there is no way we can prove we exist. Nobody here will prove he or she exists to your satisfaction and you know it. Therefore, you will never be accountable (on this thread) to prove the things your original post said you would prove, that god exists, Jesus is the messiah, etc., because you said you would prove them after someone proves he exists, which won't happen.

Does that mean you win?

Nope, it just means we're at exactly the same place we were without this thread.

Please tell me, PJ, how our failure to prove, via an internet forum, that we exist to a total stranger we will never meet, in any way supports your claim that god exists? Or let me put that another way: from your perspective, I might exist or I might not. You'll never know. From my perspective, god might exist or he might not. I'll never know (during my mortal life, anyway).

We both already knew this before you created this thread and now we still know it, so what has this thread done for you or for me?
Aseptic, you are a very, very discerning person. So why did I do this thread? Your second-to-last paragraph is rather close to what I'm driving at, and you're almost there! Keep thinking...

Quote:PS We can show that you are not typing TheBeardedDude's replies simply enough. Firstly the mods or admins could do an IP trace on your two locations, showing that it could not possibly be the same person posting both accounts. Second, the fact that you even ask the question in the way that you did (ie the confident expectation that no one could provide an answer) is evidence enough to doubt your claim. Basic psychology. And that's just off the top of my head.
Try thinking a little deeper, Hedge. Apparently despite your many lectures to me to pursue my education beyond my two degrees from a secular college and a secular university, you are yet to hear about Remote Desktop. Moreover, you amateur psychology is quite amateur and tame, since I wasn't "confident" y'all couldn't answer, rather, I was looking for an effective and mutually satisfying way to prove Jesus Christ is real. I can't help your lack of sophistication and ability to provide evidence.... maybe I should do one of those cute pictures on my post: Proofs of existence: Zero. Jesus: Winning!

Quote:Just so you know, there is such a thing as a positron, it is an electron that is travelling back in time. We know they exist and science has observed and explained them.

So, on a quantum level at least, time travel is a natural occurrence and nothing to do with your god.
Right. And the whole fulfilled prophecy thing where God "rides" the positrons around backwards and forwards to give and fulfill prophecies (we all know the OT was written at least 300 years before Jesus walked the Earth) is a natural occurence as well. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Like I said, all miracles are actually natural occurences, Hedge. PS. Try a Delorean at 88 m.p.h. if you want do time travel in a more natural (or at least a more "groovy" way).

Quote:From what I understand, the argument goes like this:
P1. I exist.
C1. God exists.

However, the logic can also allow this:
P1. I exist.
C1. Unicorns exist.

So, can you explain further regarding your argument?
Chujutsu, sure... I haven't MADE an argument yet. But if you prove I or you exist, I'll state my case. Thanks.

Quote:No, you're right, none of this is real... The matrix is just telling you that while it's at this very moment sucking the life out of your inanimate body in order to consume it as a power source for the advanced robots that's taken over the world...
or maybe you're in a dream within a dream and you've finally fell into limbo...

or or, maybe it's just the souls of aliens that Xenu dropped into the Volcano...

if we're gonna play the "what if" game, you could at least come up with something better than, "God is everything", that's never gonna sell tickets...
DNA, please try again... after all, if you're in Matrix, you still have accountability for this reality and you still exist. I'll settle for your proving you are in a Matrix, how about that?

Quote:I don't need you to experience my lack of faith but you are proving yours is very weak when you seek it in others.
Kim, I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Quote:Hey guys, so I just found out that I'm actually PleaseJesus.... But you'll never prove it.
WAT Cosmos, sorry, but I'm totally imagining you. I'll try to imagine a more intelligent reply next time from you, too. Wink

Quote:Once you prove you're SleazeJesus, I'll prove I'm Egor.
Chas, your posts are getting shorter. And somehow less pithy! Perhaps if you dare to do more than a sentence fragment or two, it will be intellectually worthwhile for both of us.

And for you big, big, geniuses who "proved" you exist when I imagined you to post a photo of yourselves, how come a 2,000-page book doesn't prove God exists? The level of intelligence among Atheists has steeply declined in recent years. Too much Facebook, I guess..
21-02-2013, 08:41 AM
(21-02-2013 08:03 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  And for you big, big, geniuses who "proved" you exist when I imagined you to post a photo of yourselves, how come a 2,000-page book doesn't prove God exists? The level of intelligence among Atheists has steeply declined in recent years. Too much Facebook, I guess..
Hello.

The Bible, unfortunately, does not really prove that god exists. There are a lot of contradictions (from here: http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/contra/by_name.html) as well as lots of other things (such as cruelty and violence, among other things; those can be found in the same site I linked). Perhaps the nature of god is that he is a cruel person who enjoys making contradictions?

Let's say that god of the Bible existed. Given his characteristics, I don't think that he is worthy of worship.
[+] 1 user Likes Chujutsu's post