Run The Gauntlet

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 2 Average
20-03-2013, 10:17 AM
RE: Run The Gauntlet
There seems to be a stumbling block here.

Quote: "I'll prove to anyone on this forum that God exists--and go one better, Jesus is the Messiah and God, if they can prove that they exist."

What would you accept as "proof" that one of us exists?

(I think we are probably going to have to come to an agreement on the definition of "exist", but let's attempt to deal with the above question first.) Since it's your challenge, answer that and I'll attempt to provide you your "proof".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-03-2013, 10:53 AM
(20-03-2013 08:43 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:You said proof, not evidence. Produce it.
Um, read post #1 of this thread again. You're not paying attention at all for someone with dozens of posts to this thread, Chas. Again, though, I commend your eager desire and that of others to hear my proof for Jesus Christ as God. It's very encouraging to hear that from Atheists and Agnostics! Thanks.

OK, we're done here.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
20-03-2013, 11:20 AM
(20-03-2013 10:53 AM)Chas Wrote:  OK, we're done here.
Whew, about time...

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
20-03-2013, 11:53 AM
Re: RE: Run The Gauntlet
(19-03-2013 01:12 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  We exist.

Care to provide proof of that?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
20-03-2013, 12:01 PM
^
Well played Smile
20-03-2013, 12:31 PM
Quote:Not really. Your premise was to prove that I exist, that when you type what you're typing and I reply, it's really me. The problem is that even if we're not actually having this exchange in the way we think we are, we're still having it on some level. In a dream, in a matrix, I don't care. And of course you're trying to use this to prove god's existence. You may not have "implied" it, but you certainly said it: (from the very first page, in your exact words) "I'll prove to anyone on this forum that God exists--and go one better, Jesus is the Messiah and God, if they can prove that they exist." So if I can't prove I exist (which I can--I'll Skype you, send you my personal information, meet you in person, with some determined proof between us that will be identifiable, be it a passphrase or a book or a printed screenshot of this post before I post it, and I'm still more provable than god)...if for some reason I can't prove my existence, you're just going to walk away without a single mention of how this must mean we're unable to make a judgment on god's existence? Oh sure.
In a dream?! In a Matrix?! Note the interrobangs for emphasis. You want me to accept without any empirical evidence another plane of existence, and then you want to get annoyed at Theists for believing in a God who interacts with them beyond their philosphizing about Him? What a double standard. As for your "being more provable than God" as you wrote, what do you mean? Surely you mean that you are using a skeptical standard that only accepts empirical, testable evidence for researching phenomena. How conveniently that standard slipped when you wrote about your non-empirical, hypothesized, non-testable, immaterial "Matrix". So typical.
20-03-2013, 12:33 PM
Quote:What would you accept as "proof" that one of us exists?

(I think we are probably going to have to come to an agreement on the definition of "exist", but let's attempt to deal with the above question first.) Since it's your challenge, answer that and I'll attempt to provide you your "proof".
I am applying the same standards to the evidence you are offering as a group that you apply to your understanding of and researching paranormal/spiritual phenomena. Independent verification, empirical evidence, falsifiable and testable proof, etc. Good luck.
20-03-2013, 12:40 PM
Answer the question,

What would you accept as "proof" that one of us exists?

[Image: Bridgekeeper-holy-Grail.jpg]
20-03-2013, 12:43 PM
(20-03-2013 12:31 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:Not really. Your premise was to prove that I exist, that when you type what you're typing and I reply, it's really me. The problem is that even if we're not actually having this exchange in the way we think we are, we're still having it on some level. In a dream, in a matrix, I don't care. And of course you're trying to use this to prove god's existence. You may not have "implied" it, but you certainly said it: (from the very first page, in your exact words) "I'll prove to anyone on this forum that God exists--and go one better, Jesus is the Messiah and God, if they can prove that they exist." So if I can't prove I exist (which I can--I'll Skype you, send you my personal information, meet you in person, with some determined proof between us that will be identifiable, be it a passphrase or a book or a printed screenshot of this post before I post it, and I'm still more provable than god)...if for some reason I can't prove my existence, you're just going to walk away without a single mention of how this must mean we're unable to make a judgment on god's existence? Oh sure.
In a dream?! In a Matrix?! Note the interrobangs for emphasis. You want me to accept without any empirical evidence another plane of existence, and then you want to get annoyed at Theists for believing in a God who interacts with them beyond their philosphizing about Him? What a double standard. As for your "being more provable than God" as you wrote, what do you mean? Surely you mean that you are using a skeptical standard that only accepts empirical, testable evidence for researching phenomena. How conveniently that standard slipped when you wrote about your non-empirical, hypothesized, non-testable, immaterial "Matrix". So typical.

How about trying to read what I wrote before misunderstanding me, hm? I'm not saying we're conversing in a dream or a Matrix, I'm telling you we are having the conversation regardless. Clever diversion to accuse me of double standards without addressing the fact that you are, indeed, claiming that if we can't prove our own existence, then god must exist. Also clever to completely ignore my valid suggestions for proving I'm me. Typical.

Keep your rosaries out of my ovaries, and your theology out of my biology.
"If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people." --Dr. House
21-03-2013, 07:37 AM
PleaseJesus, I'll admit to not being as well educated or intelligent as many here, and apologize in advance for " for not getting the point". But I fail to see your purpose of this thread. I can provide physical evidence of my existance, for instance, the IRS definately tells me I'm here, I can scan photos of my life or birth certificate. I have hospital bills from ER visits. We all have these physical interactions, including you. I don't require proof of God through the internet, but in the physical world, where I live. Although you may spend alot of time in the virtual world, you don't live there. So that is what I can provide, physical evidence, and that is what I require related to God, physical proof. You may or may not be the same way, and I respect that. So, I apologize if some of the arguments here are over my head, but are scanned photos, bills, birth certificate,etc.. the evidence or proof you would accept for proof of my existence? Thanks..
[+] 2 users Like Dirtnapper324's post