Run The Gauntlet

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 2 Average
21-03-2013, 03:50 PM
RE: Run The Gauntlet
(20-03-2013 08:55 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:You seem to firmly believe that nothing can in fact be proven with 100% accuracy. You therefore, using your own arguments, cannot prove that god exists either. In order for you to you prove the existence of god, you would have to accept that there are some things can in fact be proven. Clearly, you don't. And so if you firmly believe that proving the first part of your challenge is impossible, it means that it is also impossible for you to prove the second. Therefore, you cannot prove the existence of god and your challenge is just an interesting puzzle that proves nothing. Just another classic attempt to reverse the onus of proof. If you are feeling depressed or suicidal there is help for you on this forum.
I find it assumptive for you to tell me what I believe. I never said or implied that nothing can be proven with 100% accuracy or that nothing can be proven. That would be proving a negative. Wink What I have encountered are very lame responses to a challenge. "Look, here's me on a YouTube video!" Wow. Here we are, wondering about the empirical nature of reality and metaphysics. Well, if we had a YouTube video of God or a person, that proves existence, since everything on the Internet is true. I have excellent proof and also, evidence, for God, and Jesus as God. But I won't apologize for making freethinkers think about it with sincerity or deeply. And if we were in a debate, "Resolved: We do not exist..." showing a video to empirically attempt to prove one's existence would be laughed out of a university auditorium, whether at a seminary or Yale.

I'm trying hard to respect you.

We've been over this already. Sure a youtube video to a college or university for the proof of ones one existence might be laughed at. However due to the nature of the public, and the internet as a whole. I simply can not give you personal information.

Considering the topic though it's already been stated that records for a persons existence exist far beyond a youtube video. Pictures, videos, hundreds of friends, bank records, tax records, internet records, education records, criminal records, social security records, medical records and I'm sure I missed a few other records. All can testify to ones own existence.

If I were on trial to prove my identity I could prove beyond a reasonable doubt that I am who I claim to be. Yet you dodge this subject because you know you will lose, and attack the youtube video's instead. I'm starting to think that you cannot really win this argument, but you can win against your straw man.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

It seems to me you know nothing of philosophy because there are arguments that you cannot prove anything. I have counter arguments for that line of reasoning. Of course I'm waiting to see what you will say next and how well your new argument stands up to scrutiny.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-03-2013, 04:50 PM
(21-03-2013 03:50 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(20-03-2013 08:55 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I find it assumptive for you to tell me what I believe. I never said or implied that nothing can be proven with 100% accuracy or that nothing can be proven. That would be proving a negative. Wink What I have encountered are very lame responses to a challenge. "Look, here's me on a YouTube video!" Wow. Here we are, wondering about the empirical nature of reality and metaphysics. Well, if we had a YouTube video of God or a person, that proves existence, since everything on the Internet is true. I have excellent proof and also, evidence, for God, and Jesus as God. But I won't apologize for making freethinkers think about it with sincerity or deeply. And if we were in a debate, "Resolved: We do not exist..." showing a video to empirically attempt to prove one's existence would be laughed out of a university auditorium, whether at a seminary or Yale.

I'm trying hard to respect you.

Why? Fucker was an obvious troll after like 4 posts in. Quit trying.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
21-03-2013, 04:53 PM
(21-03-2013 04:50 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-03-2013 03:50 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  I'm trying hard to respect you.

Why? Fucker was an obvious troll after like 4 posts in. Quit trying.

Mainly because I think that presenting arguments might be beneficial not only for PJ, but for all those unregistered people who browse the forum. I really do feel it's not only education for this "troll" but for the people who are just having a peep.

Also if I get proven wrong then I get a chance to learn as well and that's very important to me.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 6 users Like fstratzero's post
21-03-2013, 08:18 PM
(21-03-2013 04:53 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(21-03-2013 04:50 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Why? Fucker was an obvious troll after like 4 posts in. Quit trying.

Mainly because I think that presenting arguments might be beneficial not only for PJ, but for all those unregistered people who browse the forum. I really do feel it's not only education for this "troll" but for the people who are just having a peep.

That's a damn good reason. ... Girly feels the same. Thumbsup

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
21-03-2013, 08:45 PM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2013 09:22 PM by Free Thought.)
(21-03-2013 04:53 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(21-03-2013 04:50 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Why? Fucker was an obvious troll after like 4 posts in. Quit trying.

Also if I get proven wrong then I get a chance to learn as well and that's very important to me.

The TTA community, helping to educate those on the sidelines since.... uh...when did the forum start up right and proper? ... since whenever that was!

I just do it cause I get bored...

[edit: spelling]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
21-03-2013, 09:40 PM
So was God proven to exist somewhere in the past 64 pages or was PJ just jizzing snake oil everywhere?

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
21-03-2013, 10:04 PM
(19-02-2013 03:31 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Of course, this was ignored elsewhere, so why not a new thread?

I'll prove to anyone on this forum that God exists--and go one better, Jesus is the Messiah and God, if they can prove that they exist.

Thumbsup Thumbsup Thank you in advance.

(21-03-2013 09:40 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  So was God proven to exist somewhere in the past 64 pages or was PJ just jizzing snake oil everywhere?

Doesn't look like it.

Come back for the next instalment of Stawman and Dodge, PJ Edition.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
22-03-2013, 12:24 AM
(21-03-2013 10:04 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(19-02-2013 03:31 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Of course, this was ignored elsewhere, so why not a new thread?

I'll prove to anyone on this forum that God exists--and go one better, Jesus is the Messiah and God, if they can prove that they exist.

Thumbsup Thumbsup Thank you in advance.

(21-03-2013 09:40 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  So was God proven to exist somewhere in the past 64 pages or was PJ just jizzing snake oil everywhere?

Doesn't look like it.

Come back for the next instalment of Stawman and Dodge, PJ Edition.
Strawman and Dodge - wasn't that a gritty urban detective show from the 70s?

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post
22-03-2013, 12:48 AM
I check this thread every 15 pages or so... Keep up the good work PJ. At this rate, you'll make it to troll heaven no problem.
[+] 3 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
22-03-2013, 01:16 AM
...or troll hell! Evil_monster

“I've done everything the Bible says — even the stuff that contradicts the other stuff!"— Ned Flanders
[+] 1 user Likes EGross's post