Run The Gauntlet

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 2 Average
26-03-2013, 08:20 AM
RE: Run The Gauntlet
But... but... if it weren't for peeps like PJ, we'd have to turn on ourselves for amusement. Smartass
Quote: trusting Jesus
Guy was a dirtbag. What I get outta Jesus is having an internalized moral paradigm as a conduit to god. That "salvation" crap is crap. Zeke put the smackdown to that noise in the wayback. You going on about Jesus is akin to me going on about my Gwynnies - which I do Big Grin - but mandating Gwyneth worship as the only path to god...

Bollocks!

It's a method of control instituted by a political structure calling itself The Church.

Quote: The Atheists then present their evidence that no God exists:
Conceptualization and communication is "the special of our creation," as it were. What is being conceptualized and communicated by "god?" Nothing that is not human concern and/or reflections on the human condition - i.e. environment. It becomes a matter of a fiction/non-fiction dichotomy. We use fiction effectively to communicate emotional context, whereas non-fiction (science being the best current paradigm) we use to inform each other of environmental hazard. It is detrimental and irresponsible to claim "god" is environmental concern. Therefore, fiction.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
26-03-2013, 08:49 AM
Quote:Bollocks!

It's a method of control instituted by a political structure calling itself The Church.
Controlling what, exactly? The early church was in an Israel run by Rome--a Rome that persecuted non-polytheists at times and under Pilate, who had crucified thousands. The "control" couldn't have been over the synagogues and daily life, from which the church was threatened with ex-communication. These theories are wild speculation, don't you think?
Find all posts by this user
26-03-2013, 09:05 AM
Don't equate the word "control" with "global domination". Churches rarely try to "control" the rulers of the land, nor do they try to "control" other religions.

What churches "control" is their own followers. They preach and proselytize and expand, gaining more and more followers (if they're successful - other churches just wither and die), all the while "controlling" their believers lives and thoughts.

So no, the early church didn't try to control Israel or Rome or synagogues or the daily life of the general population - it was satisfied with increasing the numbers of its followers and maintaining control over them.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
26-03-2013, 09:06 AM
(26-03-2013 08:49 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  

Controlling what, exactly? The early church was in an Israel run by Rome--a Rome that persecuted non-polytheists at times and under Pilate, who had crucified thousands. The "control" couldn't have been over the synagogues and daily life, from which the church was threatened with ex-communication. These theories are wild speculation, don't you think?
What prophets do, speculate wildly. Tongue

There's one road into town, and you're sitting there in a tollbooth going, "what control?" Dodgy

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-03-2013, 10:06 AM
(26-03-2013 08:49 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  

Did you miss out on the ENTIRE HISTORY OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH? Divine right of kings, inquisition, crusades, wars from the reformation, etc

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
26-03-2013, 11:14 AM
Quote:Don't equate the word "control" with "global domination". Churches rarely try to "control" the rulers of the land, nor do they try to "control" other religions.

What churches "control" is their own followers. They preach and proselytize and expand, gaining more and more followers (if they're successful - other churches just wither and die), all the while "controlling" their believers lives and thoughts.

So no, the early church didn't try to control Israel or Rome or synagogues or the daily life of the general population - it was satisfied with increasing the numbers of its followers and maintaining control over them.
Um, of course, with cults and some religions. But the NT "leaders" insisted on: 1) serving the needy personally 2) preaching at the risk of floggings and martyrdom 3) collecting donations to be distributed to the poor, etc., etc.
It's just a canard that is being shared here.
26-03-2013, 11:43 AM
(26-03-2013 07:53 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  You say there's a lack of proof there is a God and the same for no God. Yet, in a court of Law, if both sides presented evidence, the Christian would begin by presenting the following for evidence of God (none of this is my proof but it stands as evidence regardless):

Ontological, teleological, historical, prophetical, biblical/documentary, other religious evidences, life testimonies, cosmological, young earth, anti-Evolution, revelatory/anecdotal, anthropological, life/words of Christ, etc. evidence for God, etc.

The Atheists then present their evidence that no God exists:

(...............................................................................​...)

And then the Atheists conclude their case by saying, "We don't believe any piece of the evidence the Christians presented, therefore, there must not be/is likely not a God,"
And the judge laughs you out of court.
Hahahahahah..... Bwahahahaa...lolo..oh
wait, you were being serious? Undecided

I hope you're not planning on practicing law, but if you do I know a DA who would love to go up against you on the defense.

[Image: 21omssh.jpg]
26-03-2013, 01:55 PM
Quote:Hahahahahah..... Bwahahahaa...lolo..oh
wait, you were being serious? [Image: undecided.gif]

I hope you're not planning on practicing law, but if you do I know a DA who would love to go up against you on the defense.
Hi, LostLocke: My point stands unassailed by your attack. I can speak at a podium for ten hours without pause and give evidence for God. You feel free to post your evidence that there is no God right here:

(...............................................................................​.........................................................................)
26-03-2013, 02:02 PM
But you said you had proof. And you haven't exactly offered a bunch of evidence either... And the length of your evidence doesn't imply its veracity. And your proof is still not forthcoming. The miracle, and it is a true miracle, is that you sometimes seem to come across as a sincere nice guy but yet you can't see that you are... I don't know... acting in a way which would not be what your God would want (at least, as I imagine it) - if your God had actually given you this evidence and proof, why would he tell you to act like a tool about sharing it ?

I can only conclude that your head is so far up your ass that you can actually see daylight, which is why you come across OK sometimes.
26-03-2013, 02:22 PM
(26-03-2013 01:55 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:Hahahahahah..... Bwahahahaa...lolo..oh
wait, you were being serious? [Image: undecided.gif]

Hi, LostLocke: My point stands unassailed by your attack. I can speak at a podium for ten hours without pause and give evidence for God. You feel free to post your evidence that there is no God right here:

(...............................................................................​.........................................................................)

We've been over this.

Immaterial, timeless, space less, changeless = a thing that cannot exist in the universe and contradicts omnipresence.

All present, loving, knowing, powerful = which all contradict one another.

If god is a substitute for words like love, the universe, reality etc, then you might be an atheist.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp