Run The Gauntlet

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 2 Average
26-03-2013, 03:47 PM
RE: Run The Gauntlet
(26-03-2013 02:58 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  ...Option a) I cannot prove a negative ...
And that is the whole point right there. No one can prove that something does not exist.
If you are going to believe in a god because he can not be proven to not exist, then you must believe in everything existing.

[Image: 21omssh.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like LostLocke's post
26-03-2013, 03:54 PM
(26-03-2013 03:47 PM)LostLocke Wrote:  
(26-03-2013 02:58 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  ...Option a) I cannot prove a negative ...
And that is the whole point right there. No one can prove that something does not exist.
If you are going to believe in a god because he can not be proven to not exist, then you must believe in everything existing.
I'd say if it's logically contradictory and with out an analog in reality it's non-existence can be believed.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
26-03-2013, 03:59 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2013 12:39 AM by Doctor X.)

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
[+] 2 users Like Doctor X's post
26-03-2013, 04:22 PM
(26-03-2013 03:54 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(26-03-2013 03:47 PM)LostLocke Wrote:  And that is the whole point right there. No one can prove that something does not exist.
I'd say if it's logically contradictory and with out an analog in reality it's non-existence can be believed.
Absolutely.
But with me you're preaching to the choir. Tongue

I'm just saying that in reference to those who will ask "Can you absolutely and completely prove beyond any doubt that god does not exist?"
The honest and logical answer to that question is no. But by that same token you can't "prove" in that sense that nothing else doesn't exist. So using lack of "absolute proof" of god's non-existence as a basis for belief in him, would then dictate you must also believe in Zeus, Ra, Vishnu, Sauron, etc.... because they also can not be absolutely proven to not exist.

[Image: 21omssh.jpg]
26-03-2013, 05:24 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2013 12:39 AM by Doctor X.)

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
[+] 3 users Like Doctor X's post
26-03-2013, 11:51 PM
(26-03-2013 07:53 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:And where is that? Behind the appendix? Wedged in Forel's field H? In other word, no evidence. You basically made a claim without evidence . . . as evidence. I could just as well say that Mila Kunis hot, vagina lubricating passion for My Humble MagNIfIcence is located in [Stop that--Ed.] "me" . . . I was going to write "me."
No, I made a claim without specifying evidence at the time, which is different than making a claim without supporting evidence. Here's your problem, son:

You say there's a lack of proof there is a God and the same for no God. Yet, in a court of Law, if both sides presented evidence, the Christian would begin by presenting the following for evidence of God (none of this is my proof but it stands as evidence regardless):

Ontological, teleological, historical, prophetical, biblical/documentary, other religious evidences, life testimonies, cosmological, young earth, anti-Evolution, revelatory/anecdotal, anthropological, life/words of Christ, etc. evidence for God, etc.

The Atheists then present their evidence that no God exists:

(...............................................................................​...)

And then the Atheists conclude their case by saying, "We don't believe any piece of the evidence the Christians presented, therefore, there must not be/is likely not a God,"
And the judge laughs you out of court.
Again I am left to ponder if you are that dense, completely blinded to see any reasonable pattern, or this much of a troll.

No, The atheist's case isn't always that no gods exists. It's base is still not believing in a god.

The case an atheist would make in that courtroom, would be arguing why the cases such as the Ontological, Biblical, etc. cases don't hold up as reasons to accept the claim. The atheist case is that the evidence is not sufficient.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 3 users Like ClydeLee's post
27-03-2013, 07:20 AM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2013 07:23 AM by PleaseJesus.)
Quote:I'm sad that it's come to this. PJ, for a while, you gave the appearance that you had something meaningful and interesting to argue about, but now you've just devolved into "Come on, atheists, prove a negative. Nyah nyah, you can't, so I win."

I guess, like all the rest of the theists, when your "clever" attempt to prove your own delusion failed, you fall apart and end up in the theological gutter, begging atheists to prove something that most of us don't even claim in the first place.

For shame.
No, actually I'm parodying what you all teach as "gospel". The sentence, "One cannot prove a negative," is in itself a NEGATIVE sentence. Can it be proven to be true, therefore?
Quote:If you read a bit of history you'd realize the council of Nicaea decided he was god in the flesh. All other versions of christianity in which jesus was not god were suppressed over the course of the history of the church.
Whay are you psychically unable to simply say, "How would you respond to the Nicene Council and church suppression?" rather than post inane memes and insults? I DO read history and recommend you look up the correspondence and council details that affirm that council AFFIRMED what was already considered Orthodox faith and defended it against attack--same with many of the church resolutions afterward--kind of like what I do on this forum. This forum isn't Christians with an alternative and intriguing look at faith and scripture--it's attacks on the scripture that I am an apologist against.
27-03-2013, 07:22 AM
Quote:The thing that made me laugh is how you think some guy spouting nonsense is enough to rectify all the contradictions. Especially that of god existing beyond the universe yet manifesting in it.

The very idea that you could some how take an omnipotent, all knowing, all powerful, all loving, being and stuff it all inside the body of a man has some serious logistical issues.

If one has infinite knowledge, or even a finite amount of knowledge larger than the universe, stuffing that amount of storage space into that universe would fill it to the point of destruction. Also the idea that an omnipotent being could be inside of a human body also poses the same absurd problem. Unless you want to contend that jesus was some sort of robot remote controlled by god.
When did I say God existed "beyond this universe?" I've said quite the opposite exactly including the Kingdom of God is in you. And if people have spirits; body + spirit = a living human soul, on what basis to you place knowledge or energy limits on an immaterial spirit? Would you like to share your calculations with us?
27-03-2013, 07:46 AM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2013 12:40 AM by Doctor X.)

27-03-2013, 07:58 AM
Quote:rather than post inane memes

[Image: hB570B6E4]

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user