Run The Gauntlet

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 2 Average
28-03-2013, 04:03 PM
RE: Run The Gauntlet
(28-03-2013 02:00 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:I will answer any question, but FIRST you must provide references and supportting documentation to PROVE all your crappy nonsense assertions. AFTER you do that, I talk about anything.
Oh, there's zero need to answer my questions:

1. I can tell all my Theist friends and also my Atheist friends "They were utterly unable and unwilling to answer my many questions and objections".

2. I can tell the above how I wrote, "I'm here to learn and have questions answered" but that you refused until I justified my positions with citations and references, positions I was even willing to abandon even if big old you would answer poor little me's questions.

3. You don't need to answer my questions, since I also (last post is a typical example) refuted you AGAIN with facts.

Remember these posts?

BB, I made 9 points and you answered 1 with an ad hom. Drinking Beverage

Here's a dozen questions that come to mind if your theory is true. Care to address them? I'm open minded. Drinking Beverage

Okay, then, chuck mere "evidence". I'll PROVE God exists if you prove you exist, first. Drinking BeverageDrinking BeverageDrinking BeverageDrinking Beverage

Great job breaking the 9th commandment.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
28-03-2013, 04:06 PM
(27-03-2013 07:22 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:The thing that made me laugh is how you think some guy spouting nonsense is enough to rectify all the contradictions. Especially that of god existing beyond the universe yet manifesting in it.

The very idea that you could some how take an omnipotent, all knowing, all powerful, all loving, being and stuff it all inside the body of a man has some serious logistical issues.

If one has infinite knowledge, or even a finite amount of knowledge larger than the universe, stuffing that amount of storage space into that universe would fill it to the point of destruction. Also the idea that an omnipotent being could be inside of a human body also poses the same absurd problem. Unless you want to contend that jesus was some sort of robot remote controlled by god.
When did I say God existed "beyond this universe?" I've said quite the opposite exactly including the Kingdom of God is in you. And if people have spirits; body + spirit = a living human soul, on what basis to you place knowledge or energy limits on an immaterial spirit? Would you like to share your calculations with us?

Share your evidence for a spirit.

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
29-03-2013, 09:09 AM
Quote:Share your evidence for a spirit.
Sure! Once you reveal, per that post, the calculations as to how to omnipotence can neither fit nor channel inside one.

Coffee, Mr. Scott!

Captain, I think the pot is breaking down, I've given it all the grounds I have, but she canna' last!
01-04-2013, 07:14 AM
I would think it is self-evident, and so would others. We would find your dismissal of a soul/spirit a delusion. Cool
01-04-2013, 07:30 AM
(01-04-2013 07:14 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
I would think it is self-evident, and so would others. We would find your dismissal of a soul/spirit a delusion. Cool

No most of us here dismiss 'spirit'. That is dualism, for which there is no evidence.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-04-2013, 01:34 PM
(01-04-2013 07:30 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(01-04-2013 07:14 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I would think it is self-evident, and so would others. We would find your dismissal of a soul/spirit a delusion. Cool

No most of us here dismiss 'spirit'. That is dualism, for which there is no evidence.

I understand. That is eminently logical. I, for one, have never had a conversation with myself internally and am utterly non-dual in nature. You also, I presume?

In physics, dualism refers to mediums with properties that can be associated with the mechanics of two different phenomena. Because these two phenomena's mechanics are mutually exclusive, both are needed in order to describe the possible behaviors. All matter, for example, has wave-particle duality. - source - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dualism
01-04-2013, 04:25 PM
(01-04-2013 01:34 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(01-04-2013 07:30 AM)Chas Wrote:  No most of us here dismiss 'spirit'. That is dualism, for which there is no evidence.

I understand. That is eminently logical. I, for one, have never had a conversation with myself internally and am utterly non-dual in nature. You also, I presume?

In physics, dualism refers to mediums with properties that can be associated with the mechanics of two different phenomena. Because these two phenomena's mechanics are mutually exclusive, both are needed in order to describe the possible behaviors. All matter, for example, has wave-particle duality. - source - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dualism

Is that an April Fool's response?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-04-2013, 04:31 PM
(01-04-2013 04:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(01-04-2013 01:34 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I understand. That is eminently logical. I, for one, have never had a conversation with myself internally and am utterly non-dual in nature. You also, I presume?

Is that an April Fool's response?
No PJ here doesn't limit himself to just april

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 5 users Like Revenant77x's post
01-04-2013, 09:57 PM

-Baron d'Holbach-
02-04-2013, 10:36 AM
Repeating: