Run The Gauntlet

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 2 Average
02-04-2013, 11:10 AM
RE: Run The Gauntlet
(02-04-2013 10:36 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Repeating:

I understand. That is eminently logical. I, for one, have never had a conversation with myself internally and am utterly non-dual in nature. You also, I presume?

You should try it. If you need a list of questions that you can ask yourself to get the conversation started, I'm sure we can help you out.

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2013, 11:56 AM
(02-04-2013 10:36 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Repeating:

I understand. That is eminently logical. I, for one, have never had a conversation with myself internally and am utterly non-dual in nature. You also, I presume?

No, you don't understand. That is not what dualism means.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-04-2013, 02:49 PM
Quote:No, you don't understand. That is not what dualism means.

I DO understand. I'm poking fun at the secular notion that we are "one in ourselves" since we have the immense brain capacity to speak to ourselves and hold contrasting opinions in one mind.
02-04-2013, 03:11 PM
(02-04-2013 02:49 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:No, you don't understand. That is not what dualism means.

I DO understand. I'm poking fun at the secular notion that we are "one in ourselves" since we have the immense brain capacity to speak to ourselves and hold contrasting opinions in one mind.

So I believe in God and all and jesus and all that jazz, but my question is simple. You said you could PROVE god is there or here or whatever you want to say.
My question is simple, how does any of these even come close to proving anything except for your apparent lack of understanding of how science works?
I've read most of your posts in this thread and not a single thing you have said is anything more than opinion of conjecture.
Not trying to be mean or rude, but I don't understand how you can call any of this evidence.

You can argue with logic all you want, but if you put faulty data in to start with then you get a faulty answer. No matter how logically you agrue it.
[+] 1 user Likes Mynamesukx's post
03-04-2013, 01:53 PM
Quote:So I believe in God and all and jesus and all that jazz, but my question is simple. You said you could PROVE god is there or here or whatever you want to say.
My question is simple, how does any of these even come close to proving anything except for your apparent lack of understanding of how science works?
I've read most of your posts in this thread and not a single thing you have said is anything more than opinion of conjecture.
Not trying to be mean or rude, but I don't understand how you can call any of this evidence.
Hi, you raise some good questions. 1) I don't have a lack of understanding of how science works, but I do have some objections re: macro-evolution. However, belief in evolution is held by secular scientists as well as many Christian scientists, so that is rather irrelevant. 2) I'll repeat, there are treasure troves of evidence supporting the existence of God or a superior intelligence(s) in this universe from sheer statistical probability if you believe in life on other planets and understand that just as we are far more intelligent than apes with slight genetic differences, other beings with slight differences would all make Stephen Hawking look like a toddler (as Neil deGrasse Tyson has said) to all kinds of philosophical, logical, biblical, prophetical, etc. reasons that are evidence. On the contrasting side we have 1) no evidence there is no God and 2) whining about the inability to PROVE a negative when there's not only no proof but no EVIDENCE.

I have not yet revealed my smoking gun proofs of God's existence nor will I until my conditions are met. If you disapprove of my attitude--well, God has the same standards and only dances to the tunes He plays. Take it up with him! Good luck.
03-04-2013, 01:54 PM
Quote:So I believe in God and all and jesus and all that jazz, but my question is simple.
Can you give four or five reasons why you believe in God or Christ, please? Are they metaphysical reasons? Empirical evidence? Anecdotal stories? What? Thanks.
03-04-2013, 01:57 PM
Oh Jesus, it's Pleasus back *again*... Angry
03-04-2013, 02:15 PM
(03-04-2013 01:53 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:So I believe in God and all and jesus and all that jazz, but my question is simple. You said you could PROVE god is there or here or whatever you want to say.
Hi, you raise some good questions. 1) I don't have a lack of understanding of how science works, but I do have some objections re: macro-evolution. However, belief in evolution is held by secular scientists as well as many Christian scientists, so that is rather irrelevant. 2) I'll repeat, there are treasure troves of evidence supporting the existence of God or a superior intelligence(s) in this universe from sheer statistical probability if you believe in life on other planets and understand that just as we are far more intelligent than apes with slight genetic differences, other beings with slight differences would all make Stephen Hawking look like a toddler (as Neil deGrasse Tyson has said) to all kinds of philosophical, logical, biblical, prophetical, etc. reasons that are evidence. On the contrasting side we have 1) no evidence there is no God and 2) whining about the inability to PROVE a negative when there's not only no proof but no EVIDENCE.

I have not yet revealed my smoking gun proofs of God's existence nor will I until my conditions are met. If you disapprove of my attitude--well, God has the same standards and only dances to the tunes He plays. Take it up with him! Good luck.

Ddoouubbllee Ssppeeaakk ggeettss yyoouu nnoo wwhheerree

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
03-04-2013, 02:17 PM
Anyone exist yet?

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
03-04-2013, 02:18 PM
Re: Run The Gauntlet
This title is very accurate. This thread has become the equivalent of going through a run of gauntlets.