Run The Gauntlet

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 2 Average
03-04-2013, 02:29 PM
RE: Run The Gauntlet
(03-04-2013 02:18 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  This title is very accurate. This thread has become the equivalent of going through a run of gauntlets.

But if you can't even prove you exist, then how can you run a gauntlet? And if I can't know that you exist, how can I know I exist? And if I can't know of my existence, then the moon might indeed be made of cheese, since we are obviously no longer talking about reality.

Drinking Beverage What was the point of any of this bullshit again?

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
03-04-2013, 02:33 PM
PJ having a wank
03-04-2013, 02:36 PM
(03-04-2013 02:33 PM)morondog Wrote:  PJ having a wank

Shocking Does he know that God is watching him tug his love muscle?

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
03-04-2013, 02:39 PM
(03-04-2013 02:36 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(03-04-2013 02:33 PM)morondog Wrote:  PJ having a wank

Shocking Does he know that God is watching him tug his love muscle?

He's truely hoping the God will join in.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
03-04-2013, 02:40 PM
(03-04-2013 02:39 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(03-04-2013 02:36 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Shocking Does he know that God is watching him tug his love muscle?

He's truely hoping the God will join in.

But, if Jesus lives in your heart, aren't you kind of always participating in a circle-jerk? And does that make Jesus/god gay? Or just bi-curious? Consider

—Thomas Henry Huxley
03-04-2013, 09:20 PM
(03-04-2013 01:54 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:So I believe in God and all and jesus and all that jazz, but my question is simple.
Can you give four or five reasons why you believe in God or Christ, please? Are they metaphysical reasons? Empirical evidence? Anecdotal stories? What? Thanks.

First off, there is NO evidence of god. None what so ever. there is however opinion and conjecture. The audasity to say, "If you disapprove of my attitude--well, God has the same standards and only dances to the tunes He plays. Take it up with him! Good luck." I mean really, are you so full of yourself to think that you know how god would think or feel? Every human who believes in god or any god for that matter puts him into a box. If god is true, then he is infinitely different than the way anyone would be able to define him/her/whatever. To make such a statement only sugests that you use the box method.
Why I believe in god, is because it makes sense to me that it all is created by a design not by accident. It is simply more logical for my brain to wrap around. However, that does not prove anything about him/her/whatever. It only proves that I believe.
Oh and it is not a belief in evolution, it is scientifically sound, and therefore not belief, it is just simply knowing. I would rather have evolved from monkeys anyway than be an incest baby.

You can argue with logic all you want, but if you put faulty data in to start with then you get a faulty answer. No matter how logically you agrue it.
04-04-2013, 12:14 AM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 06:46 PM by Doctor X.)

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
[+] 2 users Like Doctor X's post
04-04-2013, 06:41 AM
Quote:But if you can't even prove you exist, then how can you run a gauntlet? And if I can't know that you exist, how can I know I exist? And if I can't know of my existence, then the moon might indeed be made of cheese, since we are obviously no longer talking about reality.
Quote:First off, there is NO evidence of god. None what so ever. there is however opinion and conjecture. The audasity to say, "If you disapprove of my attitude--well, God has the same standards and only dances to the tunes He plays. Take it up with him! Good luck." I mean really, are you so full of yourself to think that you know how god would think or feel? Every human who believes in god or any god for that matter puts him into a box. If god is true, then he is infinitely different than the way anyone would be able to define him/her/whatever. To make such a statement only sugests that you use the box method.
Why I believe in god, is because it makes sense to me that it all is created by a design not by accident. It is simply more logical for my brain to wrap around. However, that does not prove anything about him/her/whatever. It only proves that I believe.
Oh and it is not a belief in evolution, it is scientifically sound, and therefore not belief, it is just simply knowing. I would rather have evolved from monkeys anyway than be an incest baby.
Uh-huh. I was told from dubious sources (you frequent posters at this forum) that on this forum I'd encounter freethinkers unlike those I've met elsewhere--real intellectuals who are well informed. I'm not the person who keep changing topics on this forum. I merely choose to reply to tangents you create. My challenge was ACCEPTED and a number of people made epic fails and then gave up and PDQ at that. Note how TBD deflects the challenge and then says, and I'm paraphrasing, "PJ denies the simple empirical reality of existence..." the very challenge I made... prove your existence empirically, after all, that's what you perpetually ask about God.

Meanwhile, no one has taken my advice to admit how bloody difficult it is to prove one's existence online and THEN to stop torturing Theists by asking them to do the same for a (most often) invisible, metaphysical being and who has actually stated in the scriptures that preaching will be the mechanism to reach the lost since the prophets and Messiah were martyred by those they worked to assist. Nice.
04-04-2013, 07:00 AM
More whining from him, who when cornered, changes the subject, quotes scripture, starts bitching about abortion and his moral superiority, and whatever.
And now wants to make it appear he's "disappointed". This from him who ONLY posts during the day, all day, on his employer's time. Never in the evening. Never on weekends. I suspect if his employer and wife knew what he was up to, they would be really pissed off. And count up his "converts". Zero. Zip. 0. Nada.

(Let me do your next post for you).
Isaiah 55:11 So is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

Bla bla bla

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
04-04-2013, 07:07 AM
The point of asking a theist for proof of God is that if they assert that God exists and want us to believe it, then it's their job to back up the assertion in a way which is convincing.

If you come to us and say "I believe in God" then naturally the next question is "Why?" If you then lapse into mumbling about how the question is not fair... maybe you're not convinced yourself ?

You are free to ask us why we *don't* believe in God, you are free to criticize our reasons. They may be good or bad according to you. But if you're here announcing how great your God is, expect some crossfire, because whether you like it or not, we are also free to criticize your reasons for believing.

And if your reason for belief is some secret proof which is so badass that you can't or won't reveal it, the default assumption is that you're just another nutcase. It's quite entertaining to talk shit with nutters but ultimately doesn't mean much.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post