Run The Gauntlet

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 2 Average
04-04-2013, 07:15 AM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 11:28 AM by ClydeLee.)
Re: Run The Gauntlet
You've started a thread on either a few peoples comments or entirely generalized assertions... And went on in droves with it. You have changed the thread because you've done nothing to show you are honest or willing to explain evidence.

There a plenty of atheists who have given ideas of what would constitute as evidence close to leading to proof of God. Here's ideas: having a holy book demonstrably not altered and made with errors by man, a message in the stars forming saying this is God, God coming down doing ANYTHING like done in the holybooks[in a literate world](wrestle man, be talking burning bushes, directly answer a lot of prayers to their words.) Or just show an demonstrable effect in the natural world.. And free will doesn't prevent that because if you believe stories from the holybooks, he did that already! It's a shame it's only been in times when only few literate people existed in that area he chose.

And yet you continue your dishonest or ignorant claim that atheism us just saying... There's no evidence, that's the court case. No! The case is refuting all the evidence that's been presented. All of it, save the falsifiable claims, can and have been understood as refuted.

It's fine to think something isn't refuted for you, but stop being completely dishonest.

If you want someone to prove they exist, you need parameters. Saying those trying to describe themselves get to pick is BS. That's not an effective system obviously you know since you called those attempts epic fails...

They're that because you let them be. You have to work with the piece if evidence to expand what you can see with it. When people do that to people online, they usually find out the person exists or is a made up gf apart of a hoax by his cousin. When people look at the evidence close for religious claims and stretch it out... They find the more you look into it, there are less reasons to believe it. They are a deep shade if possibility, but that's it.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2013, 08:56 AM
RE: Run The Gauntlet
(04-04-2013 07:07 AM)morondog Wrote:  The point of asking a theist for proof of God is that if they assert that God exists and want us to believe it, then it's their job to back up the assertion in a way which is convincing.

If you come to us and say "I believe in God" then naturally the next question is "Why?" If you then lapse into mumbling about how the question is not fair... maybe you're not convinced yourself ?

You are free to ask us why we *don't* believe in God, you are free to criticize our reasons. They may be good or bad according to you. But if you're here announcing how great your God is, expect some crossfire, because whether you like it or not, we are also free to criticize your reasons for believing.

And if your reason for belief is some secret proof which is so badass that you can't or won't reveal it, the default assumption is that you're just another nutcase. It's quite entertaining to talk shit with nutters but ultimately doesn't mean much.

We also don't ask for the acceptance of our existence in order to converse.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
04-04-2013, 09:02 AM
I do by hokey & God dammit. I gotta be convinced there's someone on the other end before I start having conversations. Otherwise I might be talking to myself...
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
04-04-2013, 09:06 AM
(04-04-2013 09:02 AM)morondog Wrote:  I do by hokey & God dammit. I gotta be convinced there's someone on the other end before I start having conversations. Otherwise I might be talking to myself...

But even talking to yourself presents the evidence for the existence of one's self.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
04-04-2013, 10:45 AM
What?! I get no cred for coming here on work breaks to help you? Smile Converts, nay, this is not fertile soil. This is a place for me to learn--apparently, to learn that freethinkers are supremely prideful as well as vicious, backbiting and undersexed (constant innuendo and etc.).

I laid down a challenge and then respond if I wish when y'all go on tangents. Or don't you believe in free speech?

How about dealing with the challenge. Part I is acknowledging you can never prove you "really" exist on a forum, as Aseptic Skeptic has admitted on this thread several times, and then stopping assaulting Theists by insisting they prove God "really" exists on a forum! And then I'll go ahead and prove God exists anyway, on a forum, and if needed, off.
04-04-2013, 10:47 AM
[Image: yqzdw.jpg]
Idiocy... retreating into infinity... freethinkers beware of the black hole!
04-04-2013, 12:36 PM
(04-04-2013 10:45 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  What?! I get no cred for coming here on work breaks to help you? Smile Converts, nay, this is not fertile soil. This is a place for me to learn--apparently, to learn that freethinkers are supremely prideful as well as vicious, backbiting and undersexed (constant innuendo and etc.).

I laid down a challenge and then respond if I wish when y'all go on tangents. Or don't you believe in free speech?

How about dealing with the challenge. Part I is acknowledging you can never prove you "really" exist on a forum, as Aseptic Skeptic has admitted on this thread several times, and then stopping assaulting Theists by insisting they prove God "really" exists on a forum! And then I'll go ahead and prove God exists anyway, on a forum, and if needed, off.

You want me to do stuff. I only do stuff for people I like or for my own amusement.

IOW. Fuck. Off.
04-04-2013, 12:49 PM
Based on your assumption that we cant prove we exist, does that mean we don't exist? If so, that would mean any proof you have would not exist because you would not exist to have it.

Laymans: Provide evidence or your evidence does not exist. Basic rules of the internet really.

Summary: Tits or GTFO. (sorry, I couldnt resist the internet phrase's use XD)
[+] 1 user Likes NovusNecrontyr's post
04-04-2013, 02:38 PM
So you completely discard what I had to say to you Mr. PleaseJesus. Why not give the information freely, this smoking gun you so have. If you and YOUR god are all about withholding information that would, undoubtly save a million, nay, a BILLION lost souls, just because your pety conditions are not met... Then to you and your god I say, you suck. This god is not one that I was any part of, and anyone who is not blinded by thier own ego will most likely agree with me. (See, I dont even make assumption about what other people will think, let alone my god's thoughts.)
Unless you have something NEW to add to this conversation, then I am sorry... I am out. I have kids, my time would be better served telling them to sit down and shut up than talking to you about whatever it is that you seem to think you are talking about.
Sorry if this comes off rude.

You can argue with logic all you want, but if you put faulty data in to start with then you get a faulty answer. No matter how logically you agrue it.
04-04-2013, 02:41 PM
(04-04-2013 02:38 PM)Mynamesukx Wrote:  So you completely discard what I had to say to you Mr. PleaseJesus. Why not give the information freely, this smoking gun you so have. If you and YOUR god are all about withholding information that would, undoubtly save a million, nay, a BILLION lost souls, just because your pety conditions are not met... Then to you and your god I say, you suck. This god is not one that I was any part of, and anyone who is not blinded by thier own ego will most likely agree with me. (See, I dont even make assumption about what other people will think, let alone my god's thoughts.)
Unless you have something NEW to add to this conversation, then I am sorry... I am out. I have kids, my time would be better served telling them to sit down and shut up than talking to you about whatever it is that you seem to think you are talking about.
Sorry if this comes off rude.

The point is that you have to alter your definitions of existence, evidence, proof, and reality in order to see what ever he will throw out as proof.

Because it is (apparently) unfair to ask god to prove himself to me with a simple handshake or phone call. Dodgy Despite the fact that I can ask that of any regular person, god has to be treated differently.

The nonexistent and the imaginary, appear identical.

—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post