Run The Gauntlet

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 2 Average
21-02-2013, 02:08 PM
RE: Run The Gauntlet
You did not understand a thing I said in my last post. And dodged the request to define what you want people to prove exists in your first post. In some cases, people dodging around a question with deflections and opinions for answers is considered good form, but your attempts are simply to ignore it and try to build another fallacious argument in the place of an answer.

Define what you want people to provide evidence for.

And the whole point of this
“If whatever definition I provide is un-falsifiable, unverifiable, un-provable, not independently verifiable, or not logically sound, then it is something that cannot be distinguished from fantasy or imagination.”

was to highlight that you will either provide a definition that meets the above quote and is basically just bullshit, or you will provide a definition that will defeat your own argument. Go ahead, I've got time. Drinking Beverage

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-02-2013, 02:08 PM (This post was last modified: 21-02-2013 02:25 PM by kim.)
(21-02-2013 08:03 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
kim Wrote:I don't need you to experience my lack of faith but you are proving yours is very weak when you seek it in others.
Kim, I find your lack of faith disturbing.
My lack of faith should not disturb you; it doesn't require anything of you personally.
I have no need to see you abandon your faith, solely to regard my lack of faith to be of equal import.

That you should squander your faith to construct a pissing contest? I used to think that somewhat disturbing but it seems to be the standard of the "faithful" so, I usually try to ignore it. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
21-02-2013, 02:10 PM
[Image: 35208382.jpg]

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
21-02-2013, 02:21 PM
OK, isn't the ubiquitous frowny siamese cat getting a bit overused these days?

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
21-02-2013, 02:24 PM
(21-02-2013 02:21 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  OK, isn't the ubiquitous frowny siamese cat getting a bit overused these days?

Well yes. As are the allegedly faithful. So, you know... hand in hand; showgirls all. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
21-02-2013, 02:25 PM
[Image: 35208907.jpg]

—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 5 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
21-02-2013, 02:33 PM
Has god been proven yet?

My *non-existent, unsaved soul can't wait forever.

Just remember, I said to prove it empirically.

Unless you consider the Lutherans correct, I was baptised Lutheran, so according the them, I'm clear regardless of who or what I do or do not do, where or when or how.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
21-02-2013, 02:34 PM
(21-02-2013 02:33 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Has god been proven yet?

My *non-existent, unsaved soul can't wait forever.

Unless you consider the Lutherans correct, I was baptised Lutheran, so according the them, I'm clear regardless of who or what I do or do not do, where or when or how.
Apparently I don't exist or I am PJ or...something. As such, it appears I may not be real enough to comprehend whatever god is or...something.

—Thomas Henry Huxley
21-02-2013, 02:35 PM
(21-02-2013 01:57 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Vosur—there’s hope for you yet. You’re no Aseptic, not by a perceptible longshot. But you’re not bad. The problem is you don’t listen. If you reread your post as if it’s coming from me to you, you’ll know what I go through on this forum. Maybe you will be patient enough to go back to me and tell me what proof would be sufficient for you of God’s existence…? Then we can skip your having to be so darn inconvenienced to prove you exist to me first.
Mind you, I fear I’ll get a long list of what is NOT proof from you. “No special pleading, PJ, no appeals to authority, no appeals to a majority, PJ.” Why I bet you can come up with a list of 100 such errors of logic from all the obnoxious Christians who post here or have posted here in the past. But why don’t you be honest and tell me what you need. God’s pretty powerful—he’s omnipotent in a non-non-rock lifting kind of way. :0 What do you need, my brother?
And with this you have avoided answering my question for the fourth and final time. It's crystal clear by now that you are unable to have an intellectual discussion. I'm done here.

As for your question, you have already asked me what evidence you have to provide in order to prove the existence of your god in a previous thread. I suggest you to read it again if your memory is that bad.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
21-02-2013, 02:38 PM
(21-02-2013 02:35 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(21-02-2013 01:57 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Vosur—there’s hope for you yet. You’re no Aseptic, not by a perceptible longshot. But you’re not bad. The problem is you don’t listen. If you reread your post as if it’s coming from me to you, you’ll know what I go through on this forum. Maybe you will be patient enough to go back to me and tell me what proof would be sufficient for you of God’s existence…? Then we can skip your having to be so darn inconvenienced to prove you exist to me first.
Mind you, I fear I’ll get a long list of what is NOT proof from you. “No special pleading, PJ, no appeals to authority, no appeals to a majority, PJ.” Why I bet you can come up with a list of 100 such errors of logic from all the obnoxious Christians who post here or have posted here in the past. But why don’t you be honest and tell me what you need. God’s pretty powerful—he’s omnipotent in a non-non-rock lifting kind of way. :0 What do you need, my brother?
And with this you have avoided answering my question for the fourth and final time. It's crystal clear by now that you are unable to have an intellectual discussion. I'm done here.

As for your question, you have already asked me what evidence you have to provide in order to prove the existence of your god in a previous thread. I suggest you to read it again if your memory is that bad.
I see you are on facebook my friend. If a bearded fellow sends you a request, it just might be me.

And ducking, dodging, and flapping his gums are about as good as it ever gets. He is like the Neo of dodging questions.

—Thomas Henry Huxley