Run The Gauntlet

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 2 Average
05-04-2013, 12:36 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 12:39 PM by Adenosis.)
RE: Run The Gauntlet
(05-04-2013 06:50 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I must say I find your last post startling. I'm not flattering you when I say that you've come off as more on the ball than a lot of folks here but all six of your "logical objections" are rather basic in nature and answered well by a first-year Christian believer. I'm not belittling your answers, I'm just kind of surprised. Let me address this:
Quote:1. Not a shred of evidence. None. No answered prayers, no miracles, no verifiable history, no "hey, check it out, I'm god". Nothing.
IF Jesus came to Earth in the way the Bible describes...

Some of us don't rely on such frail ifs to shape our beliefs. If Allah is the one true god your fucked, how about that? There are many possible gods whom would send you to their own version of hell.

(05-04-2013 12:07 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Dude, you've lost it, I think, utterly. 1. The HB contains clear references to individual salvation. No, I'm not going to post them here. Clearly you've all but memorized the Bible since you have so many contradictions to vend on us. 2. John 3:16... heard of it? Whoever trusts... will not perish... but shall have life everlasting. How about John 5:24: "He who hears my Word and believes on Him who sent me has eternal life and shall not come into judgment but has passed out of death into life." Etc.

Of course we may date some of the epistles to before the gospels which would make the gospels the later authors you mentioned, but I'm unsure your mind would not be warped by the gyrations you have to do to recant your position (yawn) about Pauline doctoring of the doctrines, what with also Jesus's own brothers completely agreeing with Pauline doctrine. (Sigh).

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

John 5:24 - Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.

Some good examples of hooks to keep the blind from seeing.

The 'sacrifice' of Jesus is an amusing one, he got purged from the world of imperfection and sent to heaven, some sacrifice... Why wouldn't god just snap his omnipresent fingers to fix original sin? Does anyone else forget that all these problems we supposedly have and are suppose to make up for are gods fault? We are his creation after all, he made us this way. To be damned to hell for running the course he set up, sounds like pure fiction. Which is what it is. They has original sin in the first place as the main HOOK, then they didn't make god snap his fingers instead of run a failed sacrifice because it wouldn't make for a good story. People get more attached to the idea that someone died for them, so much so they wear his torture device on their necks, sick fucks...

Any way, I felt like chiming in. I'm surprised this nonsense has made it to page 80. 80 pages, 10 posts per page (right?) and we still haven't seen a single shred of the so called evidence JesusPleaser claims to have. Doesn't the ninth commandment say something about false witness...

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2013, 01:34 PM
I love how Pleasure only picks and chooses what he responds to. Can't he answer all the replies? Or has someone made a reply he can't retort to?
05-04-2013, 01:35 PM
(05-04-2013 01:34 PM)NovusNecrontyr Wrote:  I love how Pleasure only picks and chooses what he responds to. Can't he answer all the replies? Or has someone made a reply he can't retort to?

I wouldn't be surprised if he had half of us muted.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

05-04-2013, 01:52 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 03:08 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(05-04-2013 12:07 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:The trouble is, Jebus never actually talked about "personal" salvation. All that crap was added later by later authors. It really does not fit with Hebrew culture. Oh that's right. You know nothing about the Ancient Near East. Never mind. Continue trolling, and wasting your employer's time and money.
Dude, you've lost it, I think, utterly. 1. The HB contains clear references to individual salvation. No, I'm not going to post them here. Clearly you've all but memorized the Bible since you have so many contradictions to vend on us. 2. John 3:16... heard of it? Whoever trusts... will not perish... but shall have life everlasting. How about John 5:24: "He who hears my Word and believes on Him who sent me has eternal life and shall not come into judgment but has passed out of death into life." Etc.

Of course we may date some of the epistles to before the gospels which would make the gospels the later authors you mentioned, but I'm unsure your mind would not be warped by the gyrations you have to do to recant your position (yawn) about Pauline doctoring of the doctrines, what with also Jesus's own brothers completely agreeing with Pauline doctrine. (Sigh).

Of course it did, AFTER SAUL of Tarsus stole the idea from Zoroastrianism, via Mithraism. Tarsus was a hotbed of Mithraism. THAT is not anything like the Hebrew concept of atonement. Personal "purification" is a completely differrent concept. You can quote WHAT THE AUTHORS WROTE IN AS HAVING BEEN "PLACED in JEBUS" mouth all you like. It proves absolutely NOTHING, and does not mean he actually said anything of the sort. Have you ever thought of studying this subject, SexuallyPleasingJebusTrollJoke ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
05-04-2013, 02:29 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 02:36 PM by PleaseJesus.)
Quote:Of course it did, AFTER SAUL of Tarsus stole the idea from Zoroastrianism, via Mithraism. Tarsus was a hotbed of Mithraism. THAT is not anything like the Hebrew concept of atonement. Personal "purification" is a completely differrent concept. You can quote WHAT THAT AUTHORS WROTE IN AS HAVING BEEN "PLACED in JEBUS" mouth all you like. It proves absolutely NOTHING, and does not mean he actually said anything of the sort. Have you ever thought of studying this subject, SexuallyPleasingJebusTrollJoke ?
Um, I won't reply to you any longer if you don't even read my posts. Besides numerous clear references as well as allusions to individual salvations throughout the HB, my quotations were from the gospels! Now you have Sh'aul/Paul writing the gospels, too? Really? Do you have ANY empirical evidence showing your earlier claimed gospels so we may contrast them with the new ones that Paul redacted? I mean, like where do you get some of your notions from? They may be what are taught now, but I never heard them in my university, even from people as biased and uptight (bitter?) as you have been, for which I apologize. Who made you so angry about Theism? Can't you just be a freethinker and be a bit more tolerant of Christians? Thanks.
05-04-2013, 02:35 PM
Quote:Some of us don't rely on such frail ifs to shape our beliefs. If Allah is the one true god your fucked, how about that? There are many possible gods whom would send you to their own version of hell.
You know, of course I've considered that possibility only about 100 times when witnessing to Muslims. Smile

There is something specious about the Noble Qu'ran, after all, not only wasn't it written directly by the illiterate eyewitness Muhammed, but there was one eyewitness only. Compare with the Torah's admonition to confirm each fact on the basis of two or more witnesses. I'm confident in the Bible.

Quote:John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

John 5:24 - Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.

Some good examples of hooks to keep the blind from seeing.

The 'sacrifice' of Jesus is an amusing one, he got purged from the world of imperfection and sent to heaven, some sacrifice... Why wouldn't god just snap his omnipresent fingers to fix original sin? Does anyone else forget that all these problems we supposedly have and are suppose to make up for are gods fault? We are his creation after all, he made us this way. To be damned to hell for running the course he set up, sounds like pure fiction. Which is what it is. They has original sin in the first place as the main HOOK, then they didn't make god snap his fingers instead of run a failed sacrifice because it wouldn't make for a good story. People get more attached to the idea that someone died for them, so much so they wear his torture device on their necks, sick fucks...

Any way, I felt like chiming in. I'm surprised this nonsense has made it to page 80. 80 pages, 10 posts per page (right?) and we still haven't seen a single shred of the so called evidence JesusPleaser claims to have. Doesn't the ninth commandment say something about false witness...
I don't wear a cross and I'm often surprised when Christians do so. It would be for the Jews of Jesus's day like wearing electrocution chairs as you wrote. However, remember that the Christian cross is empty--it is finished.

It sounds like you're a deconverted Catholic, perhaps? I'm not sure. I can tell you that most of the Christians I know don't believe in the Augustinian fallacy known as "original sin" nor the need to baptize infants. Your point is moot.

And yes, it's hard to find evidence with all the rambling, wandering posts freethinkers have made on this thread. Let's get down to cases and talk evidence, as soon as you prove you exist, of course. Smile
05-04-2013, 02:44 PM
I'm starting to think that your obvious plan is to use whatever devious proof someone comes up with as your proof of God. It would also explain why you reject the weak attempts - you know that if you tried to substitute God for Dog you'd get nowhere with convincing us.

However as I said before, what makes *you* the one who decides if something has been proven or not ? You refused to accept it when I said I had proved that I exist, to my satisfaction. Justify why you should be the one who decides.

As far as I'm concerned, I've already satisfied your condition and you have broken your promise to reveal your proof.
05-04-2013, 03:09 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 05:40 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(05-04-2013 02:29 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:Of course it did, AFTER SAUL of Tarsus stole the idea from Zoroastrianism, via Mithraism. Tarsus was a hotbed of Mithraism. THAT is not anything like the Hebrew concept of atonement. Personal "purification" is a completely differrent concept. You can quote WHAT THAT AUTHORS WROTE IN AS HAVING BEEN "PLACED in JEBUS" mouth all you like. It proves absolutely NOTHING, and does not mean he actually said anything of the sort. Have you ever thought of studying this subject, SexuallyPleasingJebusTrollJoke ?
Um, I won't reply to you any longer if you don't even read my posts. Besides numerous clear references as well as allusions to individual salvations throughout the HB, my quotations were from the gospels! Now you have Sh'aul/Paul writing the gospels, too? Really? Do you have ANY empirical evidence showing your earlier claimed gospels so we may contrast them with the new ones that Paul redacted? I mean, like where do you get some of your notions from? They may be what are taught now, but I never heard them in my university, even from people as biased and uptight (bitter?) as you have been, for which I apologize. Who made you so angry about Theism? Can't you just be a freethinker and be a bit more tolerant of Christians? Thanks.

SexuallyPleasingJebusTrollJoke ... STOP using the Babble to prove the Babble.
Troll. Stop projecting your false assumptions on others whom you don't even know. Impatient with ignorance is hardly hate. And in fact I have a number of very good theist friends, including an abbott of a very conservative monastery. You start spouting your "evil and rebellious sin" crap anytime you are cornered. How is that any different ? You just start doing the "oh, you're so angry" crap, and hope they will notice you have addressed NONE of the contradictions or questions raised to you.
Now can you "pleasey" get to explaining the contradictions in the passion narrative, and the trial narrative, and why Jebus died on a different day in John.
Who gives a rip if you reply or not. Everyone here sees what you're up to, and what your level of fundie ignorance really is.
Have you told your employer you spend so much time wasting his money ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
05-04-2013, 03:13 PM
I keep coming back to this stupid thread hoping to see the proof that god exists. So far, nothing but disappointment. Sad

I'm even beginning to doubt my own existence. Sad

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes Heathen's post
05-04-2013, 03:26 PM
(05-04-2013 12:10 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  As for great and clear, how many Odysseans do you know? There are many, many, many, many millions of Christian believers throughout history as well as the preserved Israelites as mentioned. CLEAR.

About the only difference there is that Homer actually told people he wrote a work of fiction. The bible authors somehow convinced people that their fiction was real, and those people kept breeding and brainwashing their children, and their children, and their children.

But just because many, many, many, many millions of people are dragged to church from infancy and brainwashed into believing the fiction before they're old enough to decide for themselves, doesn't make it any less fictitious than any other mythology.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post