Run The Gauntlet

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 2 Average
10-04-2013, 01:17 PM
RE: Run The Gauntlet
Why is this thread still going? Drinking Beverage

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2013, 01:20 PM
Quote:Why do you believe that?

It seems interesting to note that you are more willing to believe texts written 2000 years ago in an area of the world with high illiteracy rates is sufficient evidence for a person to exist but text written over the internet on a forum detailing ones personal existence is not sufficient evidence.
1. I've mentioned elsewhere that for Jewish men to make what we would call Bar-Mitzvah, they had to be able to read the scriptures.

2. I've also noted the incredible knowledge of the Pharisees, Saducees and scribes, etc. Rampant Jewish illiteracy of the time was a myth, although I'm not sure what literacy by population count has to do with your point.

3. I think what you're implying is that people are smarter today on average than at that time. This sort of thinking stems from an evolutionary mindset whereas the Bible indicates that men is devolving and more degenerate. One PROOF that there were smarter people in the ancient world is that there were far fewer Atheists then. Smile
10-04-2013, 01:23 PM
Quote:First of all, I love my Gwynnies!

Secondly, it was my contention that Paul was a prophet. He saw that Judaism was dying of stagnation and rules-lawyering, but when he tried to effect change, the Jewish elders rejected him. And that is why, from Thessalonians onward, his theology becomes more and more anti-Semitic.

It's kinda funny that you would tell this guy, who remembers "being Ezekiel," that I do not understand Hebraic thought. The Jewish scholars that I have communicated with in the past would tend to disagree.

Besides, Imma prophet! What I say, goes. Unless you wanna come by and stone me to death. That's how we prophets settle arguments.

Theology more anti-Semitic? No, first, you're thinking of about two verses in which the word Jews was used but in context, Paul meant "The Pharisees". Second, you're thinking of the same Paul who wrote "All Israel will be saved" [Romans 11:26] and "Gentiles should be on guard because God wants Jews in the Kingdom first" [Romans 10] and "I witness to Jews first, Gentiles after" [Romans 1]

I'd like to hear more sometime about your visions and mystical experiences if you have a link to another thread or post.

Thanks!
[+] 1 user Likes PleaseJesus's post
10-04-2013, 01:24 PM
Quote:Why is this thread still going?
I give good thread, baby. Deal with it, why don'cha? Smile
10-04-2013, 01:57 PM
(10-04-2013 01:24 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  

All these theists here who give blow jobs. Sheesh. Seems like a pattern. BTW, SPJTJ is good at nuthin. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
10-04-2013, 02:00 PM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2013 07:53 PM by ClydeLee.)
(10-04-2013 01:20 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:Why do you believe that?

It seems interesting to note that you are more willing to believe texts written 2000 years ago in an area of the world with high illiteracy rates is sufficient evidence for a person to exist but text written over the internet on a forum detailing ones personal existence is not sufficient evidence.
1. I've mentioned elsewhere that for Jewish men to make what we would call Bar-Mitzvah, they had to be able to read the scriptures.

2. I've also noted the incredible knowledge of the Pharisees, Saducees and scribes, etc. Rampant Jewish illiteracy of the time was a myth, although I'm not sure what literacy by population count has to do with your point.

3. I think what you're implying is that people are smarter today on average than at that time. This sort of thinking stems from an evolutionary mindset whereas the Bible indicates that men is devolving and more degenerate. One PROOF that there were smarter people in the ancient world is that there were far fewer Atheists then. Smile

Wow, couldn't be further from the truth on part 3... Nothing is even close to point I could of been trying to make. People are actually arguably less intelligent but it's not a matter of "smarts." It's about having trustworthy reliable accounts of something.

You have also skewed views of history that fit well to your views. Look up any information on the history of Bar/Bat Mitsvahs. They note the practice of the reading and other celebratory aspects of the ceremony didn't exist in those times. They began later still sometime before the 1st millennium. Perhaps around the 6th century.

The point of how well literate a society was helps how you can judge reliability of texts. It's the same path on why history is favorable to multiple sources. It's how you can judge if something like a census in a certain year happened or not, via written records or people/events.

Somehow you were oblivious to the point: You believe somebody describing "I am me" to you on a piece of paper with an image is not evidence to think someone exists. While at the same time, you think papers written 2000 years ago, also with equally unknown authors, IS decent evidence to think someone existed.(as described)

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
10-04-2013, 02:26 PM
(10-04-2013 01:23 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:First of all, I love my Gwynnies!

Secondly, it was my contention that Paul was a prophet. He saw that Judaism was dying of stagnation and rules-lawyering, but when he tried to effect change, the Jewish elders rejected him. And that is why, from Thessalonians onward, his theology becomes more and more anti-Semitic.

It's kinda funny that you would tell this guy, who remembers "being Ezekiel," that I do not understand Hebraic thought. The Jewish scholars that I have communicated with in the past would tend to disagree.

Besides, Imma prophet! What I say, goes. Unless you wanna come by and stone me to death. That's how we prophets settle arguments.

Theology more anti-Semitic? No, first, you're thinking of about two verses in which the word Jews was used but in context, Paul meant "The Pharisees". Second, you're thinking of the same Paul who wrote "All Israel will be saved" [Romans 11:26] and "Gentiles should be on guard because God wants Jews in the Kingdom first" [Romans 10] and "I witness to Jews first, Gentiles after" [Romans 1]

I'd like to hear more sometime about your visions and mystical experiences if you have a link to another thread or post.

Thanks!

Yeah. I'll make a "Pauline Israelite" thread. Think it is kinda funny, I had to make my own sect in order to tolerate Christianity. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-04-2013, 02:28 PM
(10-04-2013 01:57 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(10-04-2013 01:24 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I give good thread, baby. Deal with it, why don'cha? Smile

All these theists here who give blow jobs. Sheesh. Seems like a pattern. BTW, SPJTJ is good at nuthin. Weeping

Ease off, motherfucker. He met my Gwynnies. Big Grin

Guy's (girl's?) gotta be halfway divine.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-04-2013, 04:56 PM
(10-04-2013 01:24 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  

Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) is a personality disorder in which the individual is described as being excessively preoccupied with issues of personal adequacy, power, prestige and vanity. This condition affects one percent of the population. First formulated in 1968, it was historically called megalomania, and is severe egocentrism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissisti...y_disorder

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
10-04-2013, 07:48 PM
(10-04-2013 06:47 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:You want proof that I exsist huh? Well, because this is the internet you are going to have to take a level of faith on the subject. I could show you to my FB site or send you an email. I could even give you my SSN or credit card # but all in all, you are going to have to take a level of faith on the subject unless you see me in person. However, it can be rulled that you are talking to someone, maybe not the person you think I am or the person that I protray, but someone for certin. Unless you think that you might be schizophrenic, then maybe you are typing to yourself but do not remember it because it is your alter ego who is responding.
So unless you take my word for it, then there is no proof.
Still waiting for your proof about god. Smoking gun would sugest that I don't have to take your word for it, because it is not denyable. Got anything or not sir?
Are you a Christian? You want me to "take it on faith" that you exist? Really? Maybe you're a Muslim who thinks everything Muhammed wrote is "kosher" because you want me to take your (circular) word for things, too, as you wrote. Really?

Alright dude, I am out. I can not even begin to fathom the depths of your retoric. It was almost nice talking to you, but i cannot spend my time talking about this anymore with you. I hope most theists on here are less like you, meaning ones who claim one thing then just spit retoric nonsense. Thanks for almost talking about intelligent things.

You can argue with logic all you want, but if you put faulty data in to start with then you get a faulty answer. No matter how logically you agrue it.