Running Out of Steam

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-05-2013, 02:37 AM

Running Out of Steam
When I was last here, I talked about the argument I had for God that blew up in my face and not only didn't prove God existed, but broke apart the classical arguments for God's existence as well.

That doesn't mean God doesn't exist--it just means there are no arguments that hold water.

So, I switched back to the new age, fired up the dream interpretation service and the astrological consultations, and I'm a much happier person. I see God everywhere now, and that's good.

What I didn't expect was that the same epic fail would also affect atheism. If we cannot know God exists because of the limitations of our reason (see Kant), then we can't rationally choose atheism either.

I think everyone has a life path they have to walk, including atheists. So, I'm beginning to get a little perturbed at the religiosity of atheists. I really don't like their bigotted approach to people who believe differently than they do.

For one, it's a contradiction: If atheism is true--then it doesn't matter what we believe. So to argue for atheism is absurd.

I know atheists have their own life path to walk, but I find their materialism a dodge. Any time they are presented with anomolous evidence to materialism, they stick their heads in the sand and act as if it doesn't exist. Ask an atheist does precognition exist, and they will say "no." But it does.

Ask them if consciousness exists in protozoa. They will say, no. But it does.

Ask if they believe in reincarnation. They will say, no. But there's overwhelming evidence from child studies.

Ask if they think dreams matter and they will say, no. One person in here even claims he doesn't dream, but just loses time when he sleeps--which is nonsense.

Atheists are bigots, plain and simple. They deny so much of the world around them that they are no different than the YEC. Same as any fundamentalist. They will not accept other people who believe differently, and they hypocritically accuse people of hate when all they do is hate, insult, and try to be as vulgar as they can be.

So, I have been reluctant to leave this forum. But I'm thinking it's time to head to the spiritual forums. I don't know.
Quote this message in a reply
18-05-2013, 02:45 AM
RE: Running Out of Steam
Hmmmm.

Yup that sounds so much like us. Yes

*hanging head in shame*

Let us drown ourselves in spirits.

Rolleyes

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
18-05-2013, 03:26 AM

I know it's time to move on. There is a spiritual forum called "spiritual forums" and it's huge, and I should start doing dream interpretations there. This place has always been my home forum, but what's left?

Atheism is a dead end. It may be the life path of some people, and it may be the life path needed to break someone away from religion, but it has no curiosity factor. Atheists don't want to know so many things that are interesting in the world that they, themselves, become boring.
18-05-2013, 04:05 AM
(18-05-2013 02:37 AM)Egor Wrote:  Ask if they think dreams matter and they will say, no. One person in here even claims he doesn't dream, but just loses time when he sleeps--which is nonsense.

Hello there!

For clarification, while I do say I don't dream, at least as far as I myself am aware.
However, I don't say I "lose time" when I sleep. Sleeping to me is just: eyelids close, I wake up. Don't know where you got the "lose time" part from.. Is it even possible to lose time?

Not having dreams (or at least have no ability to recollect them) is no more nonsensical that a lot of your claims, man.

Still waiting for what the lack of (or lack of memory of) dreams can be interpreted as, by the way. You promised one free and I'm damn well going to use!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
18-05-2013, 04:09 AM
(18-05-2013 03:26 AM)Egor Wrote:  ...
Atheism is a dead end.

I concur with your parting words, if that is truly what they are.

Atheism is not a path or a journey.

It is a necessary but not sufficient requirement to carving out a path to future enlightenment.

I bid you fond farewell.

Good luck, Ed.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
18-05-2013, 04:17 AM (This post was last modified: 18-05-2013 04:51 AM by Adenosis.)
(18-05-2013 02:37 AM)Egor Wrote:  So, I have been reluctant to leave this forum. But I'm thinking it's time to head to the spiritual forums. I don't know.

(13-05-2013 10:05 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(14-05-2013 04:48 AM)Chas Wrote:  You should go away. Drinking Beverage

Never going to happen chaz.

you might just be the most inconsistent person I've ever had the displeasure of 'meeting'.

I'd be quite reluctant to get a dream interpretation from you even if I believed in that stuff, you'd decide it means something completely different five minutes later.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

[+] 3 users Like Adenosis's post
18-05-2013, 04:22 AM

(18-05-2013 04:05 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  For clarification, while I do say I don't dream, at least as far as I myself am aware.
However, I don't say I "lose time" when I sleep. Sleeping to me is just: eyelids close, I wake up. Don't know where you got the "lose time" part from.. Is it even possible to lose time?

That's losing time.

Quote:Not having dreams (or at least have no ability to recollect them) is no more nonsensical that a lot of your claims, man.

Still waiting for what the lack of (or lack of memory of) dreams can be interpreted as, by the way. You promised one free and I'm damn well going to use!

If you have no dreams or can't remember them, then there's nothing for us to talk about. Just go on your merry way. I think you're FOS, but there's nothing I can do about that.
18-05-2013, 04:26 AM

(18-05-2013 04:17 AM)Adenosis Wrote:  you might just be the most inconsistent person I've ever had the displeasure of 'meeting'.

You've never met me, so don't worry about it.

Quote:I'd be quite reluctant to get a dream interpretation from you even if I believed in that stuff, you'd decide it means something completely different five minutes later.

That's why I write it in a report the way I do. Once you write it down--that's the dream. Once I write the interpretation, that's it. That's the interpretation as far as I'm concerned. I don't go back and re-evaluate, and I don't accept information a person wants to add after they've read the interpretation.

But you don't have to worry about any of that. You're one of those people who think your dreams are just neurons firing in your brain. What interpretation could be given to that?
18-05-2013, 04:37 AM
(18-05-2013 04:26 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(18-05-2013 04:17 AM)Adenosis Wrote:  you might just be the most inconsistent person I've ever had the displeasure of 'meeting'.

You've never met me, so don't worry about it.

Quote:I'd be quite reluctant to get a dream interpretation from you even if I believed in that stuff, you'd decide it means something completely different five minutes later.

That's why I write it in a report the way I do. Once you write it down--that's the dream. Once I write the interpretation, that's it. That's the interpretation as far as I'm concerned. I don't go back and re-evaluate, and I don't accept information a person wants to add after they've read the interpretation.

But you don't have to worry about any of that. You're one of those people who think your dreams are just neurons firing in your brain. What interpretation could be given to that?

Yes, that's precisely what I think. I would love for you to give me reason to believe otherwise. Please go ahead.

Why do we need to interpret them?

I've recently had a few dreams about basic physics equations, any significance? No, they've simply been on my mind a lot.

Any significance to the dream where our star turns into a black hole and we quickly spiral in? Chances are no. I often ponder black holes.

My dreams somewhat reflect the thoughts i'd have if I was awake.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

18-05-2013, 06:50 AM (This post was last modified: 18-05-2013 09:28 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(18-05-2013 04:09 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(18-05-2013 03:26 AM)Egor Wrote:  ...
Atheism is a dead end.

I concur with your parting words, if that is truly what they are.

Atheism is not a path or a journey.

It is a necessary but not sufficient requirement to carving out a path to future enlightenment.

I bid you fond farewell.

Good luck, Ed.

Ummmm .. like wait an hour or so.
It's just this hour's mood swing.
How many times has this happened ?
How many "atheists" do think he actually knows or has met ? Like zero ? Atheism doesn't define anyone.
So many generalizations. So obsessed with a "group" that doesn't even really exist. So judgmental, and prejudiced.
A thought process that is completely illogical and disjointed.
Atheism = "materialism" is false.
"I see God everywhere now, and that's good." No. That what his pantheistic "monist" crap has always been.
There must be medication for this.
Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Sent by Jebus to put the stud back in Bible Study. "I believe Mr. Peanut is the Messiah" -- onlinebiker
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post