Running Out of Steam

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-05-2013, 06:52 AM
RE: Running Out of Steam
(18-05-2013 03:26 AM)Egor Wrote:  I know it's time to move on. There is a spiritual forum called "spiritual forums" and it's huge, and I should start doing dream interpretations there. This place has always been my home forum, but what's left?

Atheism is a dead end. It may be the life path of some people, and it may be the life path needed to break someone away from religion, but it has no curiosity factor. Atheists don't want to know so many things that are interesting in the world that they, themselves, become boring.
Yes, I get frustrated by a lack of interest too. Atheists usually don't start caring unless there is some important theory or a scientific authority confirms reality of something... I think they are sort of a consumer society, passive consumers of science. Top quality mainstream science. And who can blame them? Many of them got hurt because they and others did not hold onto provable facts. They come from a lifetime of playing Where's Waldo with God and never want to do play that game again or anything even remotely like it.
So what? They teach us to appreciate cold, hard facts. Tangible science. Technology on the shop shelf. All the spiritual world is called by Theosophists the subjective side of life and that's what it is, subjective. To make something objective takes an insane amount of work. Even if everyone around talked about their past lives, it would still be beyond our control.

I'd go to the spiritual forums as well, but it's boring there. It's boring when everyone agree and if they don't, there is no way to convince them. No honest way, like evidence. Nobody has evidence for anything or has a bad evidence for everything, so anyone can believe whatever they want and that's wrong. Most of people there are no more interested than here, they're not interested in facts and solutions. And when they start talking about spirit guides, angels and other kinds of beings, how can anyone know they're not making this up? How do they know a spirit guide isn't even more ignorant than them? It's incredible how low standards do these people have. They're beginners, it's all new and interesting for them and they're not interested in objectivity whatsoever.
"A spirit being, wow!" Drinking Beverage It's interesting how people become interesting once they lose the flesh bag they're in.

I have come to an opinion that most of this spirit stuff is actually physical. "Spirit" is probably a placeholder word for subtler forms of matter in a state of plasma, held together and shaped by electric and magnetic fields. This accounts for a little counter-intuitive behavior, like a matter passing through solid walls, but this is actually what most of the universe is made of. It may seem a little exotic, but it would explain how the body and "spirit" (just a little less solid body) hold together, quite possibly the blood flow through veins generates an attractive magnetic field that keeps the subtle electric plasma attached. It may be something as simple and technical as that. And I find my high school electrician's diploma more useful than spiritual books.

If you claim there are nuances to principles, there are no nuances to getting arrested or shot for disobeying the power.
The Venus Project
FreeDomain Radio - The greatest philosophy show on the web!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Luminon's post
18-05-2013, 06:55 AM
And the seesaw shifts. Can't tell who's going up or who's coming down. Consider

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
18-05-2013, 10:00 AM
Prediction 1: Egor talks about leaving TTA for like a week, then doesn't. Business continues as usual.

Prediction 2: Egor talks about leaving TTA for a week, then actually does. He goes to Spiritual Forums. He lasts about two weeks before being banned for hate speech or something, then comes back here saying he's had a spiritual awakening (yet again... Ninth? Tenth time?) and that he needs to renew his ministry here.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 4 users Like Phaedrus's post
18-05-2013, 10:11 AM
(18-05-2013 10:00 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Prediction 1: Egor talks about leaving TTA for like a week, then doesn't. Business continues as usual.

Prediction 2: Egor talks about leaving TTA for a week, then actually does. He goes to Spiritual Forums. He lasts about two weeks before being banned for hate speech or something, then comes back here saying he's had a spiritual awakening (yet again... Ninth? Tenth time?) and that he needs to renew his ministry here.

I'm sure he'll fit in. If that's where he is at, then let him be and hopefully it works out for him on the spiritual forums. Perhaps he will find his niche.

Vitriol and bitter conversation is getting no one anywhere and none his threads end up anywhere but there.
18-05-2013, 12:18 PM
(18-05-2013 02:37 AM)Egor Wrote:  I know atheists have their own life path to walk, but I find their materialism a dodge. Any time they are presented with anomolous evidence to materialism, they stick their heads in the sand and act as if it doesn't exist. Ask an atheist does precognition exist, and they will say "no." But it does.

Do you ever really read anything *I* write, or do you just jump to the points you'd like to disagree with?

Why are you lumping me, or anyone here, in a group just for the mere fact we don't believe. And we are not all atheists, but many long term members here are a combination of agnostic/atheist.

As for your precognition, I never said it doesn't exist. I said I don't see any evidence that it absolutely does. Also, I (unlike your assumed conclusion of "the only reason is higher power") am open to other reasons why it would exist, such as time relativity, multi-dimention, etc. But, none of that has been proven either. Not proven and not possible are two different things. It's dangerous to assume, so assumptions won't be made by me. I'm not sure what all the other atheists or agnostics say, because I don't talk to every single one.

Your new spiritual forum will have the same (but different) varying opinions. Have fun. Smile
[+] 5 users Like LadyJane's post
18-05-2013, 01:36 PM

(18-05-2013 04:37 AM)Adenosis Wrote:  
(18-05-2013 04:26 AM)Egor Wrote:  You've never met me, so don't worry about it.

That's why I write it in a report the way I do. Once you write it down--that's the dream. Once I write the interpretation, that's it. That's the interpretation as far as I'm concerned. I don't go back and re-evaluate, and I don't accept information a person wants to add after they've read the interpretation.

But you don't have to worry about any of that. You're one of those people who think your dreams are just neurons firing in your brain. What interpretation could be given to that?

Yes, that's precisely what I think. I would love for you to give me reason to believe otherwise. Please go ahead.

Why do we need to interpret them?

I've recently had a few dreams about basic physics equations, any significance? No, they've simply been on my mind a lot.

Any significance to the dream where our star turns into a black hole and we quickly spiral in? Chances are no. I often ponder black holes.

My dreams somewhat reflect the thoughts i'd have if I was awake.

No, see, that's just it: Sure your dreams are made of objects from your waking life, but why they come to you when they do, why the plot plays out the way it does, that's where the meaning comes in. Not so much the "why" of the objects, but the "why" of the arrangement.

You ask, "Any significance to that dream where our star turns into a black hole and we quickly spiral in..." Immediately, I see a message for you even in just that bit. The dream is not about a star or a black hole. Those are objects in your waking life symbolizing something else in your dream.

But it is a complete waste of time to interpret for someone who doesn't believe their dream has any meaning. Frankly, I'd like you to report the dream so that I can interpret it and just keep it to myself. Like I've said before. The Divine speaks to others in their dreams, but if interpret them, even though He's not speaking to me directly, I still get to listen in on the conversation. Yes
Quote this message in a reply
18-05-2013, 01:41 PM
(18-05-2013 03:26 AM)Egor Wrote:  Atheism is a dead end.

Veridicans shouldn't play with dead things...Evil_monster
18-05-2013, 01:46 PM

(18-05-2013 12:18 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Do you ever really read anything *I* write, or do you just jump to the points you'd like to disagree with?

You have my undivided attention. Drinking Beverage

Quote:Why are you lumping me, or anyone here, in a group just for the mere fact we don't believe. And we are not all atheists, but many long term members here are a combination of agnostic/atheist.

Agnostic is the only rational material position one can take. I believe in the Divine Source for a number of reasons. I don't think those reasons constitute proof in the material world, but combined with my subjective experience of the Divine, they are proof to me. Nevertheless, agnosticism is the only rational position one can hold.

Quote:As for your precognition, I never said it doesn't exist. I said I don't see any evidence that it absolutely does. Also, I (unlike your assumed conclusion of "the only reason is higher power") am open to other reasons why it would exist, such as time relativity, multi-dimention, etc. But, none of that has been proven either. Not proven and not possible are two different things. It's dangerous to assume, so assumptions won't be made by me. I'm not sure what all the other atheists or agnostics say, because I don't talk to every single one.

I agree...yep...I believe God exists, but that's about all I can say about God. In fact, if God is monistic as I believe He is, then there is a kind of Divine atheism. That is, we go on to our LSPs, we progress, we find union with the Divine, then come to realize there is no Divine--just us. God can't have a God.

But if you want to debate whether consciousness is generated by the brain or separate from the brain. I think we can have a good debate there. And it might be the most important debate we can have.

Quote:Your new spiritual forum will have the same (but different) varying opinions. Have fun. Smile

People are more accepting of other's beliefs there. There's less bigotry, and coming away from Christianity, that is really what I want now. I believe God would have to be insane to create vast amounts of people and only save a few. I fundamentally believe that he would have to be insane. And I don't thing the Divine is insane.

Atheism isn't the answer anymore than Christianity is. We all have to seek further, in my opinion.
18-05-2013, 01:47 PM

(18-05-2013 01:41 PM)Atheist_pilgrim Wrote:  
(18-05-2013 03:26 AM)Egor Wrote:  Atheism is a dead end.

Veridicans shouldn't play with dead things...Evil_monster

An unwitting prophet...y'all come up from time to time in my life. Consider
18-05-2013, 01:49 PM

(18-05-2013 10:00 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Prediction 1: Egor talks about leaving TTA for like a week, then doesn't. Business continues as usual.

I'm not leaving entirely. It's just that this is the only forum I participate in, and I need to branch out. I just feel like I'm running out of steam in here. I'm just not sure there's anything left to talk about. But I'd like to have the occasional debate on the duality of mind...so...Shy