Running Out of Steam

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-05-2013, 01:53 PM
RE: Running Out of Steam
(18-05-2013 02:37 AM)Egor Wrote:  I think everyone has a life path they have to walk, including atheists. So, I'm beginning to get a little perturbed at the religiosity of atheists. I really don't like their bigotted approach to people who believe differently than they do.

Is the old Egor back? I liked the new, improved, less critical, more understanding, less generalizing one.

(18-05-2013 02:37 AM)Egor Wrote:  For one, it's a contradiction: If atheism is true--then it doesn't matter what we believe. So to argue for atheism is absurd.

Atheist don't argue for atheism, we argue against theism, see the difference?

(18-05-2013 02:37 AM)Egor Wrote:  Atheists are bigots, plain and simple. They deny so much of the world around them that they are no different than the YEC. Same as any fundamentalist. They will not accept other people who believe differently, and they hypocritically accuse people of hate when all they do is hate, insult, and try to be as vulgar as they can be.

A whole lot of people here have tried to befriend you and help you and now you shit all over us...again. If there is anyone on this forum who "hates" is you. I think all you do is project your own feelings of inadequacy and self-contempt unto the people here and there is no justification for it.

(18-05-2013 02:37 AM)Egor Wrote:  So, I have been reluctant to leave this forum. But I'm thinking it's time to head to the spiritual forums. I don't know.

I do. Go already you psychotic, bipolar, two-faced, back-stabbing, needy, confused, anti-social parasite. (Didn't want to spoil your perception of "us" Dodgy ).

"We're run by a pothead, a housewife, a guy that buys lube in 5kg containers, a cat and a Nazi. Oh and Dom.” - ‘Muffs

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
18-05-2013, 03:49 PM
To say what you say about atheist's is like me saying that all women are sluts or that all Americans are stupid, fat, lazy gun owners who all drive massive Sports Utility Vehicles.

Your bias blinds you Ed.

Also every single "negative" thing you have wrote about atheists (Bigots, deniers, hypocrites, haters, vulgar etc etc) you yourself have displayed aspects of this behavior in your whole entire time here, much like nearly all of us have.

You don't NEED other people to understand you, you just NEED to understand YOURSELF.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 3 users Like bemore's post
18-05-2013, 04:00 PM
The mistake you're making about "us" egor (well, one of them) is using this forum to generate a characterization of atheists. I'd bet most of us here are not as "religious"about atheism as you seem to think in everyday life. Skepticism informs our everyday interactions but does not define them.

Go to a monster truck forum, I'll bet they seem pretty religious about monster trucks there.

Go to a painters forum, I'll bet they seem religious about painting.

Catch my drift? This is a forum for atheists and like minded people to get together and talk about atheism, big surprised that we actually talk about it. And then defend it with vigor when attacked by hateful, confused people.

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
[+] 3 users Like evenheathen's post
18-05-2013, 04:27 PM

(18-05-2013 01:53 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Atheist don't argue for atheism, we argue against theism, see the difference?

No...I don't. I'm surprised you do.

(18-05-2013 02:37 AM)Egor Wrote:  A whole lot of people here have tried to befriend you and help you and now you shit all over us...again.

You are a toxic person. When people are kind to you, you use that as an in to be narcisstic and demeaning. In every way you interact, you are all about the put down, and I think you enjoy fooling people into letting you "advise" them, which only turns out to be veiled insults. You are a toxic individual.

Quote:If there is anyone on this forum who "hates" is you. I think all you do is project your own feelings of inadequacy and self-contempt unto the people here and there is no justification for it.

The preposition is "onto."

Quote:I do. Go already you psychotic, bipolar, two-faced, back-stabbing, needy, confused, anti-social parasite. (Didn't want to spoil your perception of "us" Dodgy ).

Gee, my ears are still ringing from you telling me I'm the only one who hates on this forum. You're not a really intelligent individual, are you?
Quote this message in a reply
18-05-2013, 04:29 PM

(18-05-2013 03:49 PM)bemore Wrote:  To say what you say about atheist's is like me saying that all women are sluts or that all Americans are stupid, fat, lazy gun owners who all drive massive Sports Utility Vehicles.

I'm surprised you come up with those words. Those aren't my words. You own those words.
18-05-2013, 04:30 PM
(18-05-2013 04:27 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(18-05-2013 01:53 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Atheist don't argue for atheism, we argue against theism, see the difference?

No...I don't. I'm surprised you do.

(18-05-2013 02:37 AM)Egor Wrote:  A whole lot of people here have tried to befriend you and help you and now you shit all over us...again.

You are a toxic person. When people are kind to you, you use that as an in to be narcisstic and demeaning. In every way you interact, you are all about the put down, and I think you enjoy fooling people into letting you "advise" them, which only turns out to be veiled insults. You are a toxic individual.

Quote:If there is anyone on this forum who "hates" is you. I think all you do is project your own feelings of inadequacy and self-contempt unto the people here and there is no justification for it.

The preposition is "onto."

Quote:I do. Go already you psychotic, bipolar, two-faced, back-stabbing, needy, confused, anti-social parasite. (Didn't want to spoil your perception of "us" Dodgy ).

Gee, my ears are still ringing from you telling me I'm the only one who hates on this forum. You're not a really intelligent individual, are you?

Egor with the insults again. I knew the nice smile couldn't last.

One has to wonder how you became such a bitter person.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
18-05-2013, 04:31 PM

(18-05-2013 04:00 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  The mistake you're making about "us" egor (well, one of them) is using this forum to generate a characterization of atheists. I'd bet most of us here are not as "religious"about atheism as you seem to think in everyday life. Skepticism informs our everyday interactions but does not define them.

Go to a monster truck forum, I'll bet they seem pretty religious about monster trucks there.

Go to a painters forum, I'll bet they seem religious about painting.

Catch my drift? This is a forum for atheists and like minded people to get together and talk about atheism, big surprised that we actually talk about it. And then defend it with vigor when attacked by hateful, confused people.

It's where you come to spew your hatred of those who believe differently than you. You can't rise to a level of acceptance, and society, for the most part, doesn't accept atheists. So--here you are.
18-05-2013, 04:42 PM
(18-05-2013 04:31 PM)Egor Wrote:  It's where you come to spew your hatred of those who believe differently than you. You can't rise to a level of acceptance, and society, for the most part, doesn't accept atheists. So--here you are.

Society, for the most part, IS atheist where I come from.

"spew your hatred of those who believe differently than you." Lol, you ARE funny.
[+] 3 users Like joben1's post
18-05-2013, 04:52 PM
(18-05-2013 01:53 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(18-05-2013 02:37 AM)Egor Wrote:  For one, it's a contradiction: If atheism is true--then it doesn't matter what we believe. So to argue for atheism is absurd.
Atheist don't argue for atheism, we argue against theism, see the difference?
I completely agree with atheists that it doesn't matter what we believe. Belief doesn't get shit done, at the very most it just motivates people to get shit done.
But Egor, Full Circle is right. Atheism is not a belief, it's lack of belief in god. So it's the same thing, for an atheist beliefs are not important but atheism is, because atheism is not a belief.
You should watch out for logical mistakes like that. Bad logic lumps people together, raises straw men, over-generalizes, misinterprets and creates completely avoidable conflicts. Trust me, there's hell a lot of ways to screw up a communication even if you get the logic right. No reason to add to them.

(18-05-2013 02:37 AM)Egor Wrote:  Atheists are bigots, plain and simple. They deny so much of the world around them that they are no different than the YEC. Same as any fundamentalist. They will not accept other people who believe differently, and they hypocritically accuse people of hate when all they do is hate, insult, and try to be as vulgar as they can be.
Whether we accept or not accept other people, that is individual and should not have anything to do with belief. Firstly, belief is not important (or should not be) and secondly, it is not possible to agree with everything that another person is carrying in his head.
And I wouldn't say atheists deny all that much. Most of them didn't have a single "supernatural" experience in their life. If they don't see many unexplainable phenomena, they won't believe in them. And who can blame them? If I was born as someone else, I'd be a militant atheist. So what are we, militant agnostics? Big Grin

Don't worry, we have this handy idea. You know the Christian "hate the sin, love the sinner"? Atheists have "hate the error, love the errant one". And they are really quite content to sit and drink beer with someone regardless if they go to church. Normally an atheist just minds his own business but a believer feels threatened by mere existence and presence of an atheist and tries to bring him to the flock.

If you claim there are nuances to principles, there are no nuances to getting arrested or shot for disobeying the power.
The Venus Project
FreeDomain Radio - The greatest philosophy show on the web!
[+] 4 users Like Luminon's post
18-05-2013, 05:47 PM

[Image: sigvacachica.png]