Running Out of Steam

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-05-2013, 09:37 PM

RE: Running Out of Steam
(18-05-2013 07:28 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(18-05-2013 04:29 PM)Egor Wrote:  I'm surprised you come up with those words. Those aren't my words. You own those words.

I don't believe in those words Ed, I only use them as an analogy to compare your views on "atheists"....... but I think you know this anyway.

Here is another analogy that I would like you to ponder and answer please Ed.

Your belief is that we incarnate through different lifetimes with a path of getting closer to "source/divine/spirit/god" This to me means that this "divine spirit" runs through everything that has some sort of "consciousness"

If I compare the "divine spirit/source/god" that you believe in to electricity for example. If you look around your house you have many different electrical items. You are reading this on maybe a computer or laptop, you have lights in your house, your fridge and we use electricity everywhere.

So in some regards according to your very own beliefs we are all at this moment using these temporary bodies/flesh vehicles as appliances.... as the "divine spirit/source/god" runs through every single one of us, just like the electricity runs through everything in your home. So if you believe in this there is no separation... we are all but on our own unique journeys and you hating/ disliking on certain people (atheists) is nothing more than paradoxically judging others for walking their own path, when all you should be concerned about is walking your own.

If the "source/god" does course through all of us then if you hate any aspect of it, you are in fact hating "source/god" which is doing nothing but manifesting itself in a different way in different people, which means that you are in fact hating yourself... because we are all "one" (without these bodies) and these appliances that we use are nothing but temporary things on the physical plane.

If these life's are lessons then can you not look at the outside world and see everything that exists in this physical plane (hate, love, fear, belief, faith etc) as also being inside you, that in fact none of us are perfect, that we all have had different upbringings, gone through different circumstances to lead us here. If "source god" has set the task of us to discover ourselves and our true nature, then who are YOU to judge others on their life's as we are all EQUAL and know nothing else of our existence apart from what we have experienced up to now.

On the outside there are no answers... just justifications.

How can you "transcend" when your "stuck"???

I have no idea how to respond to you. I think you're entirely FOS. I'm done. Hell, I'm done with Stark Raving, and if I'm done with Stark Raving, I'm really done with all of this. You all keep acusing me of hating, but it's you all that attack me and call me names and hurl insults at me. I think you all are FOS, and that's the bottom line. I think you're lost in this incarnation, just like me, but you don't have the balls to try to figure it out. And you can say I'm insulting you or that I'm hating, it doesn't matter anymore. You all hate me--I have never hated you.

Personally, I think atheism is a big dodge in life. I think it's easier to believe in non-existence and emergent consciousness than it is to take charge of your spirituality and progress as you should. I think you like the lack of moral restraints and the good of hedonism that comes necessarily if atheism is true. Stark Raving can be stoned every second of the day because what difference does it make?

When someone tells me they're an atheist, I don't hate them, I don't feel threatened by them, I just think they haven't considered the implications of what they say they believe. I think they have capitulated responsibility for their existence, and they are just a bunch of neg heads.

I can't do what I want to do and continue hanging around atheists. I can't read charts and do horoscopes and interpret dreams when I'm pissed off because this or that atheist is calling me names or calling me crazy, or hurling some insult and hoping his atheist buddies will follow suit. All of that might have been fine before when I truly believed atheists went to hell and were influenced by Satan, because then I was fighting Satan.

But I don't believe that anymore. Atheists are just people, just like me, just like the Hindu, just like the Buddhist or the Muslm--or the Christian. You all aren't going to hell. You're going on to try to make a go of the universe (within this multiverse) that is part of your being--your lucid spiritual plane. Maybe this is the last lifetime in the Divine's world you needed. Maybe you'll go and be so confused you'll reincarnate immediately. I have no idea.

But I don't feel any particular compassion for you--like I did before--when I felt sorry for you. I don't see the Divine in you, so I don't find you attractive. I don't see any spiritual courage in you, so I'm not inspired. All I see is rude, hedonistic, hate-filled, anti-religious people--the kind of people who get off on the attention they get when they force a town to take down it's Christmas decorations. That's all I see. And I think it's sad.
Quote this message in a reply
18-05-2013, 10:20 PM
Can we just stop talking to this sad man and move on to more important, uplifting topics that actually matter in reality already? He needs help and refuses to accept it from us. Let's just let him go.

I shall now shed a single tear for his departure.

Sad...........Undecided...............Dodgy..........Smile

Oh well, I tried.

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like evenheathen's post
19-05-2013, 03:30 AM
Then leave if you feel to Ed. Im sorry if the world doesn't come around to your thinking but that is.... the world.

Who are you to say Im FOS... care to review your posting history or do you wish for me to trawl through it and point out all the times you have done what you accuse everybody on here of doing to you?

Not everybody can forgive you Ed... that is their choice and this is a public forum so if you cant stand people going against your views and not empathising maybe it is time you go to a spiritual forum.

They will be exactly the same there as they are here though.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
19-05-2013, 06:42 AM
You hate us? We hate you? One thing is for sure Egor...YOU'RE FOS as we all know, including you.
19-05-2013, 06:42 AM
(19-05-2013 03:30 AM)bemore Wrote:  ... maybe it is time you go to a spiritual forum.

They will be exactly the same there as they are here though.

I've read some of those threads on Xtian forums, I think we're much more tolerant. One of the reasons I like it here is the willingness to help and the humane compassion expressed so openly and sincerely.

So far the only topics I have seen on this board that the forum members are quick to oppose, and intolerant of, are racism, bigotry, sexism, injustice, stupid bullshit and trolls.

My kind of place. Thumbsup

PS Oh and cats on science threads, we don't like cats on science threads Big Grin

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
19-05-2013, 09:52 AM (This post was last modified: 19-05-2013 09:57 AM by Luminon.)
(18-05-2013 09:37 PM)Egor Wrote:  I have no idea how to respond to you. I think you're entirely FOS. I'm done. Hell, I'm done with Stark Raving, and if I'm done with Stark Raving, I'm really done with all of this. You all keep acusing me of hating, but it's you all that attack me and call me names and hurl insults at me. I think you all are FOS, and that's the bottom line. I think your lost in this incarnation, just like me, but you don't have the balls to try to figure it out. And you can say I'm insulting you or that I'm hating, it doesn't matter anymore. You all hate me--I have never hated you.
You identify yourself with your beliefs. Many atheists do the same with their atheism. And then you put your beliefs in the way, in the face of their atheism and you wonder that it gets challenged, attacked and criticized.
Forum is a realm of the mind and mind is a sharp tool. Don't put anything in front of it unless you want it dissected.

(18-05-2013 09:37 PM)Egor Wrote:  Personally, I think atheism is a big dodge in life. I think it's easier to believe in non-existence and emergent consciousness than it is to take charge of your spirituality and progress as you should. I think you like the lack of moral restraints and the good of hedonism that comes necessarily if atheism is true. Stark Raving can be stoned every second of the day because what difference does it make?
Free will, man! It's beautiful in itself. We can only develop as much as we have a free will. Any forced development is soon rejected. If you forced Stark Raving to give up his weed and meditate, once you're gone, he'd go back to smoking weed.

(18-05-2013 09:37 PM)Egor Wrote:  But I don't feel any particular compassion for you--like I did before--when I felt sorry for you. I don't see the Divine in you, so I don't find you attractive. I don't see any spiritual courage in you, so I'm not inspired. All I see is rude, hedonistic, hate-filled, anti-religious people--the kind of people who get off on the attention they get when they force a town to take down it's Christmas decorations. That's all I see. And I think it's sad.
Then what you see is what religion does to people. You have to understand, this forum is a sanctuary for many people harmed by religion. They need their peace. Did you notice how much they talk about religion? So many countless posts and topics. It's a therapy. I can't understand that, because Christianity never was a big deal for me. So I don't try to understand. But it should give you an idea of etiquette.
You shouldn't go selling machettes to Rwanda and you shouldn't go propagating spirituality to atheistic forum, if you don't want to see hostile reactions.
I actually do, I do just that to learn something and I can handle the conflict. The conflict actually helped me to become smarter and develop my ideas. But your ideas probably need a much friendlier environment. Just be sure to come back sometimes, you could let me know, how did it go on another forum, what did you find out.

By the way, there is an aspect of the divine in atheism. According to Theosophy, seven basic forces constitute the manifested world (three basic, four subsidiary) and one of them produces all things scientific. The 5th ray is the spiritual tribute to atheism and science. You might read it to gain some appreciation of atheists. There are qualities that we all may admire and try to integrate into us, correspondingly the same divine qualities imperfectly expressed result in vices that you see in atheists. But every vice is a virtue to be.

[+] 2 users Like Luminon's post
19-05-2013, 10:39 AM
It is a shame that you so easily discard people when they say something you don't like. Especially when they are someone who has been a friend and ally in the past. I hope for your sake you see the folly in that, and can one day be a happy person. Until then, well, keep on keepin on I guess.

Just visiting.

-SR
[+] 4 users Like Stark Raving's post
19-05-2013, 11:21 AM
Call us what you want but you're still here Egor.

That says a lot.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
19-05-2013, 01:52 PM

(19-05-2013 10:39 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  It is a shame that you so easily discard people when they say something you don't like. Especially when they are someone who has been a friend and ally in the past. I hope for your sake you see the folly in that, and can one day be a happy person. Until then, well, keep on keepin on I guess.

Look, and this is probably my last message: I think you have been an intelligent friend, and you have tolerated a lot of crap out of me in this forum--when you were admin as well as now. You have been a friend, and I have been a flip-flopping mess.

But I really don't like associating with drug abusers, even if that drug is "only weed." I see the utter destruction it causes in the life of an individual and the hardships it puts on those around them. Remember, I work with adult psych patients, most of them are poly-substance abusers and addicts, so I know--and I can't be bullshitted. I am extremely jaded about drug abuse.

So, you write a post and finish it with, "But I just smoked a fat joint so I might not make any sense." Well then, I have no desire to maintain that kind of association.

I understand your condition, and if you were helped by weed, I would understand, but I think we both know you use it recreationally and probably continuously. You even post it in your avatar as a badge of honor. If I was in pain and needed a Lortab, I wouldn't be bragging about taking opiates.

So, if I don't really want to associate with you anymore because of your drug use, and you are truly someone I admire in many ways, I assure you I don't want to hang out with the assholes in this place for even a minute more of my life.

All the fast planets are moving into my seventh house. It's time to make some new acquaintances.
Quote this message in a reply
19-05-2013, 02:00 PM
Stop playing the victim Ed and if your gonna go.... then go.

I think you have made your feelings quite clear on that (for today) so live up to them, that isn't me forcing you to go, id rather you stay and learn and appreciate others views but I don't actually think you can unfortunately given your past posts on this place.

Take care Ed, good luck in your quest Thumbsup

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.