Rural traffic and news reports.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-03-2015, 04:35 AM
Rural traffic and news reports.
I live in a rural town an there is a SMALL city, VERY SMALL, an hour north of me. I always find it laughable when I am watching their traffic cam when the anchor says "busy". I grew up in the DC suburbs and all I can think is, "What planet do you live on"?

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-03-2015, 05:29 AM
RE: Rural traffic and news reports.
Much excitement was had by all when the first traffic light went up in the town in SC where we used to live. Tongue

Now I am in the Dallas area. Blink

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
31-03-2015, 05:29 AM
(31-03-2015 04:35 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  I live in a rural town an there is a SMALL city, VERY SMALL, an hour north of me. I always find it laughable when I am watching their traffic cam when the anchor says "busy". I grew up in the DC suburbs and all I can think is, "What planet do you live on"?

They live on a small planet, away from the galactic center. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
31-03-2015, 05:49 AM
Seriously this morning I was watching and Garth and Wayne could of fucking played hockey in the intersection they had on cam on the news this morning.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
31-03-2015, 05:56 AM
Really, Beijing would look at that and say "Bitch please"

31-03-2015, 06:50 AM
For many years I lived six miles outside a small town in North Dakota, and 30 miles outside of Fargo. There were occasions (not many, but a few) when I drove to Fargo early on a Sunday morning and didn't see another car on the road until I was within 5 miles or so of the city.

I was out there (rural N.D.) during the gas crisis (during the Carter administration IIRC). In town there were gas lines. In big cities, according to the news, people waited hours for gas. During the entire period of the crisis, there was ONE time I had to wait in line for gas: There was only one pump at the gas station in the small town, and one time there was one car in front of me. I had to wait for him to get his gas and pay, and for the attendant to come back out. Maybe I waited three or four minutes. This happened once. It was a full-service gas station. The owner/attendant filled your tank, cleaned your windshield, and checked your oil.

"El mar se mide por olas,
el cielo por alas,
nosotros por lágrimas."
-- Jaime Sabines
31-03-2015, 07:46 AM
It's all a matter of perspective.
31-03-2015, 08:03 AM
(31-03-2015 07:46 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  It's all a matter of perspective.

That is the second time today. Um yea if you are comparing NYC to LA to DC, but that is like comparing Pluto to Jupiter.

This was not even nice flow with bumper to bumper, this was zip.......pause.....zip zip.......pause..........space between zip.......so on so on. "Busy" is when it is bumper to bumper even with good flow. This was sparse.

31-03-2015, 08:22 AM
$100,000 is a lot of money. Unless you have $50,000,000,000. Then it's pocket change.
31-03-2015, 08:29 AM
I live near a town that has two stop signs. Half an hour's drive away, in the next town, there are two traffic lights - were installed two years ago, along with a blinking light by the school.

The most frequent entry in the police blotter is "welfare check". Haha, when I first saw it I wondered what the police was doing delivering welfare checks. Turns out they check on people to make sure they are ok...

There is still a lot of rural living in the US - and I am sooo glad there is. You couldn't pay me to move back to the city, albeit I was raised in one and enjoyed cities a lot in my youth.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post