Rush Limbaugh and the media

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-03-2012, 09:19 PM
Rush Limbaugh and the media
This more on the topic of media then on the "slut" thing. I came across an article in my Toronto Metro newspaper that Rush Limbaugh yadada losing sponsors yaddayadda. Then I came to the reason, why. he called a girl a slut. The newspaper gave this reason. A women wanted congress to force her catholic university to pay for her birth control pills. Now when I read this I was outraged. A university should not have to pay you so that you can have the ability to have sex. Sex is not something you need to have or else you would die. If you want to advance yourself in this world you will have to make sacrifices. So stop having sex if a pregnancy is going to interrupt you're studying.

So I was going to start a thread hear on whether the university should pay for birth control ( the question is still open) but before I did that I decided to look up some more information on this event.

That's when I found out she had poly cystic ovarian disease and presumably required the birth control for the disease. so I can't say I support the use of birth control but if there are no other alternatives then yes the university shoul have paid for them.

This was not mentioned in the article. so it's interesting how the media can change your opinion with a simple omission. by the way this is a mostly liberal newspaper.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2012, 03:18 PM
RE: Rush Limbaugh and the media
Can't think of a better response to Limbaugh than this.

This is not my signature.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
10-03-2012, 07:47 PM
RE: Rush Limbaugh and the media
(10-03-2012 03:18 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Can't think of a better response to Limbaugh than this.

Oh, I found it, Girly. Oops.

As far as Rush, there are quite a lot of issues with what he said. Also, his apology was seemingly half-hearted (and only about the words), only after he started losing money, and shows that he still didn't understand the issue.

Defy gravity... stand up. Drinking Beverage