Russia Could Invade Ukraine Within Hours.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-04-2014, 05:43 PM
RE: Russia Could Invade Ukraine Within Hours.
Its scary watching my loved ones who lived through the cold war react to whats been going on over there.

The panic and fear breaks my heart.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2014, 06:36 PM
(02-04-2014 05:08 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  
(02-04-2014 04:54 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  You could always just wear a condom.

I am not all into that prostetution thing.

When did I say anything about prostitutes?

Just make love, not war... Who you do it with is up to you.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-04-2014, 06:40 PM
Lightbulb RE: Russia Could Invade Ukraine Within Hours.
(02-04-2014 05:43 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Its scary watching my loved ones who lived through the cold war react to whats been going on over there.

I just had to comment on that point. Very telling, and yes, very depressing. How this artificial paranoia is similar to religious paranoia of hell. Giving up power and reason to a greater authority because a fear of "hell / world war" or giving in because "heaven / new world order" or because everyone just believes it, so why not you?

And how they desperately try to rationalize or apologize for it because it's humiliating to think of being strung along for so long, or because it comforts them - the world is so simple and makes sense and you're on the winning side.

The same tunes over and over and over again.

I really want to see if there's a way to incorporate the best of religious deconversion tactics to politics, and vice versa.
02-04-2014, 06:47 PM
(02-04-2014 05:43 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Its scary watching my loved ones who lived through the cold war react to whats been going on over there.

Tell them to get a grip. Nobody is going to war over the Ukraine.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
02-04-2014, 10:54 PM
(02-04-2014 12:26 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  40,000 troops on the Ukraine border along with air support. This is some serious sh*t.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/02/world/euro...?hpt=hp_t1

Muffsy, I do believe I've had several conversations with you about US defense spending where you assured me we would never, ever come to blows with another nation. What happened?

We're (the West) is not at war yet. I'm not convinced we would be even if Russia did invade Ukraine.

Globalized economy and people having a cushy life and all that.

[Image: oscar.png]
03-04-2014, 07:29 AM
How many hours before we take a pass on "within hours"?

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
03-04-2014, 12:48 PM
(03-04-2014 07:29 AM)cjlr Wrote:  How many hours before we take a pass on "within hours"?

Only a fool would poo poo 40,000 troops on a border along with air support plus both sides withdrawing diplomatic relations and NATO rallying for a deployment to that region.

No this thing could go hot in a matter of hours or days. Hopefully Vlad will come to his senses and pull forces from the region. If he doesn't, NATO may have no choice but to intervene.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
03-04-2014, 12:52 PM
(03-04-2014 12:48 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  
(03-04-2014 07:29 AM)cjlr Wrote:  How many hours before we take a pass on "within hours"?

Only a fool would poo poo 40,000 troops on a border along with air support plus both sides withdrawing diplomatic relations and NATO rallying for a deployment to that region.

No this thing could go hot in a matter of hours or days. Hopefully Vlad will come to his senses and pull forces from the region. If he doesn't, NATO may have no choice but to intervene.

Not for the Ukraine. If he touches a NATO member then yeah WW3 but nobody cares about the Ukraine enough for that.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
03-04-2014, 12:54 PM
(03-04-2014 12:48 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  

They've been there for weeks. I agree they cannot remain indefinitely. But there is far more than one possible outcome.

(03-04-2014 12:48 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  No this thing could go hot in a matter of hours or days. Hopefully Vlad will come to his senses and pull forces from the region. If he doesn't, NATO may have no choice but to intervene.

Hours... or days... or weeks... or never...

As for NATO, they have no logistical capability to deploy anything remotely close to the Russian-Ukrainian border. Could they defend Lviv? Absolutely. Luhansk? Not a chance.

... this is my signature!
03-04-2014, 12:56 PM
(03-04-2014 12:52 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(03-04-2014 12:48 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Only a fool would poo poo 40,000 troops on a border along with air support plus both sides withdrawing diplomatic relations and NATO rallying for a deployment to that region.

Not for the Ukraine. If he touches a NATO member then yeah WW3 but nobody cares about the Ukraine enough for that.

I dunno Reverant. With a mindful of World War II, unchecked aggression by a soverign nation against another could be a powder keg waiting for a spark. I don't think a Russian-NATO military clash would happen immediately upon Putin invading Ukraine but it would become inevitable unless Putin withdraws.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade