Russia: Transgender driving ban

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2015, 06:41 PM
RE: Russia: Transgender driving ban
(09-01-2015 03:37 PM)yakherder Wrote:  New Russian Regulation Says Transgender People Unfit to Drive

Quote:Transgender people may no longer be allowed to drive cars in Russia under new road safety regulations signed by Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev.
A decree published on the government website earlier this month lists an array of health conditions that can disqualify someone from getting behind the wheel, among them "personality and behavioral disorders" listed in the World Health Organization's classification of diseases.
The sections in question — F60 to F69 — name transsexualism and transvestism, along with other "disorders of sexual preference," such as fetishism and voyeurism. "Disorders associated with sexual development and orientation" are also listed.
The new road safety rules are "aimed at reducing the death rate from traffic incidents" in the country, a government note accompanying the decree said. It did not specify how being genderqueer could limit a person's ability to drive safely.
The Association of Russian Lawyers for Human Rights lambasted the new rules as violations of the Russian Constitution, saying in an online statement that the decree deprives "all transgender people, bigender, asexuals, transvestites, cross-dressers [and] people who need a sex reassignment" of the right to drive.
The statement added that well-known singers and comedians such as Verka Serduchka and parodist Alexander Peskov, who are male but dress up as women for their performances, would be affected by the new regulations.
Yelena Masyuk, a member of the Presidential Human Rights Council, said in a statement Thursday that limiting an individuals's right to drive based on their gender identity or sexual preferences represents a "possible injustice."
It remained unclear whether Russia would enforce the restrictions for individuals deemed to have "sexual disorders."
The World Health Organization may itself remove the section on transgender individuals during a planned revision of its classification of diseases this year.
Amid international criticism for its listing of transgender identity as a "disorder," the WHO said in a statement that it will review its section on "sexual disorders" to account for recent "advances in health-related knowledge."
The organization will offer recommendations for an update to its disease classifications, which were last revised in 1990, during an annual conference scheduled for May.
Medvedev's decree also pronounced individuals with "psychiatric disorders," including schizophrenia, mental retardation and drug addiction, unfit to drive in Russia. Gambling addicts could also be barred from driving, based on the WHO classifications cited in the document.

Oh Russia... You're so adorable when you think you can be as much of a shit-stain as Saudi Arabia. You've got a ways to do before you can get back on the top-seat of 'worst place ever.'

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2015, 03:44 AM
(09-01-2015 06:14 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  You think transgender people shouldn't be allowed to drive?

They don't need to because of their superpowers.

That's the real reason Putin is scared of them. The X-men films are analogies of the future.
[+] 7 users Like Mathilda's post
10-01-2015, 04:29 AM
(10-01-2015 03:44 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(09-01-2015 06:14 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  You think transgender people shouldn't be allowed to drive?

They don't need to because of their superpowers.

That's the real reason Putin is scared of them. The X-men films are analogies of the future.

Fun Fact: The Incredible Hulk is based on the true life story of RuPaul.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
10-01-2015, 10:49 AM
(09-01-2015 03:57 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I'll admit, though I'm all for freedom of choice in these matters (I don't give a damn if someone wants to be transgender, doesn't bother me), working in law enforcement it can be a pain in the ass dealing with relevant regulations designed to protect everyone's rights. Bringing a transgender person accused of domestic violence to a jail where they are allowed to choose to be housed with females, most of whom are victims of domestic violence and have a problem with anyone they perceive as a man, presents some serious hurdles that usually end in the transgender person being put in permanent segregation. So yeah, there are certainly relevant debates to be had about certain controversial issues like that.

But treating it as a psychological condition that affects one's ability to drive safely? I can't come up with any sort of rationality. It simply doesn't make sense.

My transgender daughter, who at the moment is driving a car to the store, is female. Her brain is wired female from birth, actually while in utero, however her body was born male. She is not crazy.

What do police do with intersex people who have both sexual organs but present as , lets say, a male? There are men who were born with underdeveloped female uterus or ovaries. This can happens. Nature isn't perfect. Do police examine for this?

I posted a link to the science of the transgender brain. It's somewhere on the forum and I'd have to take the time to find it.

The Russians are so backwards. I couldn't live there even if someone paid me a whole lot of money.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
10-01-2015, 11:22 AM
(09-01-2015 03:38 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  It won't be long until this comes to the US too.

Um seeing that the United States is on the edge of making gay marriage legal in every state, the best that might happen are attempts, but our growing social liberalism, even if not economic liberalism (Libertarians are social liberal but economically are as much assholes as republicans) I do not see this happening here outside a fringe making the attempt. It will not be the majority though.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-01-2015, 03:16 PM
(10-01-2015 10:49 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  What do police do with intersex people who have both sexual organs but present as , lets say, a male? There are men who were born with underdeveloped female uterus or ovaries. This can happens. Nature isn't perfect. Do police examine for this?

One may choose to be identified as whatever gender they wish regardless of physical traits. The problem, once in custody, are the other inmates. If someone chooses to be in either male or female facilities, but staff feels that the general population would be a danger to them, which is usually the case with transgendered, homosexual, or other types of people not likely to be accepted into general population, or if they would be perceived as a danger to someone in general population (like the above mentioned person with male physical traits put into female facilities where a majority of the inmate population has been physically abused by males), then wherever they are held it is likely they will be in permanent segregation, which for most normal people sucks, or at the very least protective custody.

Without investing astronomical sums of tax dollars, there just isn't a way to make the system fair.

'Murican Canadian
10-01-2015, 03:34 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2015 03:37 PM by cactus.)
You know I have to admit, sometimes my asexuality does have a negative impact on my driving ability. All the people I'm not having sex with while driving makes it really hard to focus on the road. Sometimes it impedes my mental capacity so much that I can't even tell which lane I'm in.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 3 users Like cactus's post
10-01-2015, 08:46 PM
I have a feeling that even if a transgender person was in a self driving car the Russians would somehow find this unexceptable and jail the person for,.....oh..... I donno....for something.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
11-01-2015, 05:36 AM
If there was any merit to their belief that being transgendered compromised your ability to drive then they would need to perform routine invasive medical checks on any foreigners hiring a car in Russia, otherwise there is no way that they could know that the person hiring the car wasn't a post-operative transsexual with a new passport and driving license issued by their home country.

Or maybe they are leaving it up to the cop's discretion in the event of a car crash. If any woman looks ugly enough in their eyes then they will get taken into a custody for a strip search.

The fact that these things aren't being suggested shows that the original law is intended solely to persecute.