Russia and Orwellian future

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-06-2014, 09:27 AM
Russia and Orwellian future
Living next to this country of free speech which is also a total paradise if you are black/gay/something other than white russian, really makes me think sometimes.

As some of you might know they are now passing a law which forces bloggers to reveal user information to government without court order, including names, adresses etc. That's not all, now they are also adding that social websites like Facebook and Twitter also have to do that in Russia.

I can't make any other sense from this than that Russia is going to ban Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and other services which are not located in Russia. They will try to get people to replace them with Russian counterparts, which are of course located in Russia and the high management and board are good friends with Duma members.

For a European this is just absurd. Of course I understand why they are doing this, to enforce one party dictatorship, buit still my head hurts just thinking about this.

So, how many years until they start calling their Interior Ministry, "Minitrue"?

If you haven't read 1984 by Geroge Orwell, I strongly recommend doing that and then going through what is happening in Russia right now. You might get some serious totalitarian wibes.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/5/7/5690410...dia-office
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Tatuks's post
06-06-2014, 12:11 PM
RE: Russia and Orwellian future
Somewhere out there, I&I is jizzing his pants on the glorious progress Russia is making in securing the welfare of its citizens.

Can you believe we used to have a nutjob on here that thought Russia was a democratic paradise and that Stalin was Jesus Christ incarnate?

Anybody else with at least two functioning brain cells can see what direction the Russian government is currently heading in.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
07-06-2014, 11:17 AM
Yay Russia...

[Image: oscar.png]
08-06-2014, 07:55 AM
(06-06-2014 12:11 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Somewhere out there, I&I is jizzing his pants on the glorious progress Russia is making in securing the welfare of its citizens.

Can you believe we used to have a nutjob on here that thought Russia was a democratic paradise and that Stalin was Jesus Christ incarnate?

Anybody else with at least two functioning brain cells can see what direction the Russian government is currently heading in.

Come on Tarty, you only think that way because of the Israeli/American/CIA/NSA/Al-Queda cabal that runs the world.Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post