Russia begins airstrikes against Syria

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-10-2015, 11:20 PM
RE: Russia begins airstrikes against Syria
An anti-US take on it, if anyone is interested.

I can't say I disagree with all of it.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
06-10-2015, 06:43 AM
(05-10-2015 11:12 PM)morondog Wrote:  I thought Assad was bad cause he used chemical weapons against his civilians. I think it's all a delicate game of pretending to give a shit about his human rights abuses which makes the West support the rebels. Their own populations have strong opinions about the war and the way it should be fought and who are the bad guys (thanks in no small part to their media). Putin is hampered by no such worries.

Pfft please. The US doesn't give a shit about "human rights".
It's all about the bottom dollar. Just look at South American history in the 20th century. Look how the US fucked that shit up to no end.

The "human rights" card is just a convenient card to play to justify involvement and get what you want. They'll be quick to denounce some anti-US president killing his own people, while back home they have white cops killing black civilians, drones killing people without trial (and even sometimes without even knowing 100% if the target is actually where they think he is), needless torture in Cuba, wealthy 1% ripping off trillions while others suffer in near-slum conditions and homelessness.

The "human rights" card to the US government is like "it's not suppose to be taken literally" to theists.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
06-10-2015, 06:51 AM
(06-10-2015 06:43 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(05-10-2015 11:12 PM)morondog Wrote:  I thought Assad was bad cause he used chemical weapons against his civilians. I think it's all a delicate game of pretending to give a shit about his human rights abuses which makes the West support the rebels. Their own populations have strong opinions about the war and the way it should be fought and who are the bad guys (thanks in no small part to their media). Putin is hampered by no such worries.

Pfft please. The US doesn't give a shit about "human rights".
It's all about the bottom dollar. Just look at South American history in the 20th century. Look how the US fucked that shit up to no end.

The "human rights" card is just a convenient card to play to justify involvement and get what you want. They'll be quick to denounce some anti-US president killing his own people, while back home they have white cops killing black civilians, drones killing people without trial (and even sometimes without even knowing 100% if the target is actually where they think he is), needless torture in Cuba, wealthy 1% ripping off trillions while others suffer in near-slum conditions and homelessness.

The "human rights" card to the US government is like "it's not suppose to be taken literally" to theists.

Correct, US *actually* gives no shit, but *US politicians have to pay attention to public opinion* to a much greater degree than Putin or other leaders. Hence they have to at least pretend to honour treaties about e.g. chem weapons non-proliferation because it's part of the national self-image that they are doing good in the world.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
06-10-2015, 08:35 AM
(06-10-2015 06:43 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Pfft please. The US doesn't give a shit about "human rights".

Correction: human rights are important, sure, but only so far as they do not conflict with other, more important interests.

This is still a massive one up on most other nations throughout history, who have never even bothered pretending.

... this is my signature!
06-10-2015, 11:56 AM
(02-10-2015 10:03 AM)Alla Wrote:  He is not powerless to stop evil, but it is not part of His plan to stop evil all the time.
Part of His plan is that we face evil every day of our lives. We are here to face evil so we can learn about it and we can learn how to fight it.
Adam partook of the fruit of knowledge of good and evil that he could finally start to face evil and learn all about it.

So he's not powerful enough to teach that lesson without making humans suffer. Got it.
06-10-2015, 01:11 PM
Cause toppling dictators worked so well in Iraq, Egypt and Libya.....

We never fucking learn.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
06-10-2015, 01:31 PM
(01-10-2015 09:13 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I guess they didn't learn anything in Afghanistan......

Oh well... I guess this will give the boys down at Langley something to do for the next dozen years or so.....

That was only a problem because the Afghans had Rambo on their side.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
06-10-2015, 02:53 PM
(02-10-2015 08:59 AM)Alla Wrote:  What Obama couldn't do, Putin will do.
But it is better if Russians and Iranians destroy ISIS than Americans would do this.
Let them kill each other. This is how God gets rid of evil guys. He lays back, gets His popcorn and watches how they destroy each other. Very smart.
Are you aware that the Druze religion is in Syria? This religion is very significant. Not to mention the antichrist is to c'mon e out of Syria one way or another. Devastation is supposed to come from the north. Russia is north of Syria. The clock is ticking. Life is hastening.

Of course that's just an opinion.
06-10-2015, 02:56 PM
(06-10-2015 02:53 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 08:59 AM)Alla Wrote:  What Obama couldn't do, Putin will do.
But it is better if Russians and Iranians destroy ISIS than Americans would do this.
Let them kill each other. This is how God gets rid of evil guys. He lays back, gets His popcorn and watches how they destroy each other. Very smart.
Are you aware that the Druze religion is in Syria? This religion is very significant. Not to mention the antichrist is to c'mon e out of Syria one way or another. Devastation is supposed to come from the north. Russia is north of Syria. The clock is ticking. Life is hastening.

Facepalm Yes Armageddon is coming. Hurry up and sell your worldly possessions including your computer, then go forth and be ye holy Dodgy Twit.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
06-10-2015, 03:00 PM
(06-10-2015 02:56 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(06-10-2015 02:53 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Are you aware that the Druze religion is in Syria? This religion is very significant. Not to mention the antichrist is to c'mon e out of Syria one way or another. Devastation is supposed to come from the north. Russia is north of Syria. The clock is ticking. Life is hastening.

Facepalm Yes Armageddon is coming. Hurry up and sell your worldly possessions including your computer, then go forth and be ye holy Dodgy Twit.
Already gave away most of my s***. I don't use a computer I use a phone. You just wait and see give it about 2 or 3 generations and then see if I'm wrong.