Russia takes two steps back.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-06-2013, 09:38 PM
RE: Russia takes two steps back.
(11-06-2013 05:22 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Wow! This is unbelievable, and so sad.

In my family/friends a third of us are gay and it's so regular for my daughters to be around the lifestyle and know about it that it's not even a highlighted issue, it just is. I can't imagine living like this, the future of Russian generations.

Also, if religious people feel offended, the offender can be put to THREE years in jail???

I feel rage and deep sadness knowing this happened today.

I'm with you. Putin fancies himself a man's man and I tell you that nothing, NOTHING he has ever done is as brave as what those demonstrators photographed in the article are doing and standing up for.

It's easy to be tough when you have the power, it takes incredible fortitude and bravery to stand up for yourself and what you believe in when you are weak and powerless.

(A nod to Liu in China)

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
20-06-2013, 04:19 AM
Russia always seems to dig itself deeper into shithole status.

At least they have some hot women.
20-06-2013, 04:20 AM
(20-06-2013 04:19 AM)Juv Wrote:  Russia always seems to dig itself deeper into shithole status.

It's almost as though they (as a nation) prefer to be oppressed. Why else would you venerate Stalin?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
20-06-2013, 04:43 AM
(20-06-2013 04:20 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(20-06-2013 04:19 AM)Juv Wrote:  Russia always seems to dig itself deeper into shithole status.

It's almost as though they (as a nation) prefer to be oppressed. Why else would you venerate Stalin?
Maybe there are just a lot of masochists in the population?
20-06-2013, 05:34 AM
(20-06-2013 04:20 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

Perhaps it is not that they prefer it; perhaps they have simply become used and complacent to such treatment?

I am not exactly knowledgeable about how the Russian Federations government took up the mantel and looked after it's people after the Soviets crumbled back into the dust from whence they came, but I can scantly recount a time where oppression has not been the norm, aside from possibly the late 1910's just after Russia saw it's last Tsar abdicate and that didn't even last a few months before the PG began major crackdowns to ensure it's position and stability until elections... After that, you of course have the Bolsheviks taking over in the same year, and I am pretty sure we are all well familiar with how well that ended up for them.

Perhaps, after centuries of brutal ruler-ship by the many Tsarist dynasties, it became merely ingrained and they expect nothing else?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
20-06-2013, 07:20 AM
(20-06-2013 05:34 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(20-06-2013 04:20 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It's almost as though they (as a nation) prefer to be oppressed. Why else would you venerate Stalin?

Perhaps it is not that they prefer it; perhaps they have simply become used and complacent to such treatment?

Perhaps, after centuries of brutal ruler-ship by the many Tsarist dynasties, it became merely ingrained and they expect nothing else?

A "Moscow" Syndrome if you will?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
20-06-2013, 07:26 AM
(20-06-2013 07:20 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(20-06-2013 05:34 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Perhaps it is not that they prefer it; perhaps they have simply become used and complacent to such treatment?

A "Moscow" Syndrome if you will?

That might just be it.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
20-06-2013, 11:18 AM
(20-06-2013 07:26 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(20-06-2013 07:20 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  A "Moscow" Syndrome if you will?

That might just be it.

Well the Soviets had a very prominent Inferiority Complex, it was one of the reasons they could never let the Americans get the upper hand in anything. Between the Tsar's and the commies Russia has been home to one brutal dictator after another for thousands of years, that's got to leave a mark.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
20-06-2013, 03:48 PM
(20-06-2013 11:18 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(20-06-2013 07:26 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  That might just be it.

Well the Soviets had a very prominent Inferiority Complex, it was one of the reasons they could never let the Americans get the upper hand in anything. Between the Tsar's and the commies Russia has been home to one brutal dictator after another for thousands of years, that's got to leave a mark.

Thems me thinkin's right there.

20-06-2013, 05:42 PM
(12-06-2013 09:04 AM)bemore Wrote:  Yep... The news channel "Russia Today" spews out stories and programs that accuse the west of being oppressive, when they themselves are also oppressors.

Hypocritical motherfuckers.

RT has articles of the current causes, and status of homosexual oppression within Russian society. But that should stop them from doing reporting on the 'greatest purveyors of death and murder on the world stage of the last decade'? Are you serious?