Russia tells citizens to ‘prepare for nuclear war with West’

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-10-2016, 05:35 AM
RE: Russia tells citizens to ‘prepare for nuclear war with West’
(12-10-2016 05:02 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  
(11-10-2016 06:33 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  Unless your talking about building all the shelters in Moscow (and that isn't the way I read the OP) then no it isn't impossible. Expensive but not impossible.

12,000,000 people
8,000 people per shelter
1,500 shelters
40 sq/ft per person
320,000 sq/ft per shelter
480,000,000 total sq/ft
$200.00 per sq/ft
$96,000,000,000.00 total cost

Spread it out over 10 years and you're looking at less than $10 billion a year. That's doable for a country like Russia. It doesn't mean they did it, but it wouldn't be impossible.
Now stock the shelters with food, medications, clothes, things for thousands of people to do rather than sit around getting suicidally depressed (depression seems to be part of the Russian way of life), energy resources... for enough time for surface radiation levels to drop to survivable.

Just the logistics going on would trigger intel alarms globally.

Why do you think vodka is their national pastime??

Wink

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2016, 05:42 AM
(12-10-2016 05:02 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  
(11-10-2016 06:33 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  Unless your talking about building all the shelters in Moscow (and that isn't the way I read the OP) then no it isn't impossible. Expensive but not impossible.

12,000,000 people
8,000 people per shelter
1,500 shelters
40 sq/ft per person
320,000 sq/ft per shelter
480,000,000 total sq/ft
$200.00 per sq/ft
$96,000,000,000.00 total cost

Spread it out over 10 years and you're looking at less than $10 billion a year. That's doable for a country like Russia. It doesn't mean they did it, but it wouldn't be impossible.
Now stock the shelters with food, medications, clothes, things for thousands of people to do rather than sit around getting suicidally depressed (depression seems to be part of the Russian way of life), energy resources... for enough time for surface radiation levels to drop to survivable.

Just the logistics going on would trigger intel alarms globally.

So? Increase the space to 100 sq/ft per person. Double the construction costs. Add $10,000 in supplies for each person. You're still only looking at $600 billion total cost. That's still less than the US spends on our military annually. Spread it out over time it becomes more affordable.

As far as alarms go I didn't say Russia has built these shelters. I rather doubt they have. My point was it wouldn't be impossible. Expensive yes. Impossible no.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
12-10-2016, 12:23 PM
(12-10-2016 12:05 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Can we please not have a second Cold War? Dodgy

Too late.
12-10-2016, 12:30 PM
(12-10-2016 05:16 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  
(11-10-2016 11:42 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  40 ft² per person sounds like a good recipe for social breakdown.

It's actually 5x the US government's recommended 8 ft² per person for a two week stay in a public emergency shelter.

Yeah, it still sounds like a great recipe for social breakdown.
12-10-2016, 12:41 PM
(12-10-2016 12:30 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(12-10-2016 05:16 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  It's actually 5x the US government's recommended 8 ft² per person for a two week stay in a public emergency shelter.

Yeah, it still sounds like a great recipe for social breakdown.

The space we've got now still isn't preventing that. If I get crammed into a bomb shelter, I'm taking people out before they have a chance to get violent Tongue

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
12-10-2016, 12:48 PM
I think the psychos who run America would be crazy enough to launch the first nukes if things get out of hand.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
12-10-2016, 12:59 PM
(12-10-2016 12:41 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(12-10-2016 12:30 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Yeah, it still sounds like a great recipe for social breakdown.

The space we've got now still isn't preventing that. If I get crammed into a bomb shelter, I'm taking people out before they have a chance to get violent Tongue

That and a stockpile of seasonings and some good recipes solves many problems.
12-10-2016, 02:08 PM
(05-10-2016 02:07 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Well, just hope those shelters either have enough food and water for a very long time or tunnels leading a long way up wind.

Moscow would be a radioactive desert for a lifetime or several. Non-one in unradiated areas would want humdreds of thousands of nuclear refugees descending on them and using up their resources.

Well, what's happened to Chernobyl, it's been a while since the incident.

http://www.livescience.com/39961-chernobyl.html
Quote:Because of the long-lived radiation in the region surrounding the former Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant, the area won't be safe for human habitation for at least 20,000 years.

Now that would be a long time for 12 million people to live inside a concrete bunker. Humans would have evolved in a visible way in that timeframe.
12-10-2016, 02:11 PM
(12-10-2016 12:48 PM)bemore Wrote:  I think the psychos who run America would be crazy enough to launch the first nukes if things get out of hand.
It would be wimpy not to.
Remember Bush's insistence on being pre-emptive.
With Trump's ego, he might get get a little excited about being the one that started the end of the world.
12-10-2016, 02:38 PM
(12-10-2016 12:41 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(12-10-2016 12:30 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Yeah, it still sounds like a great recipe for social breakdown.

My plan is to get as many supplies as I can by getting there before the hoarders. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user