Russia unveils 'Satan 2'

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-11-2016, 08:59 PM
RE: Russia unveils 'Satan 2'
(19-11-2016 02:39 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(19-11-2016 02:32 PM)yakherder Wrote:  That sounds great, and you'll probably even get a few likes for it. But the real world isn't sunshine and rainbows.
Most countries don't have nukes, how do you think we get by?

Do you really think that the cold war or creation of even more nukes is benefiting your country?

Why is it that US has so many enemies? Why is it that NZ don't have many enemies?
I think you guys go way overboard.
Creating alliances, mutually beneficial trade arrangements, minding your own business, and being generally respectful and friendly is a valid path to take. The days of conquering your neighbors in order to expand your empire are long gone.

Then what difference does it make if we back off from Eastern Europe and let everyone else handle it for a change?

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-11-2016, 09:58 PM
(19-11-2016 04:42 PM)tomilay Wrote:  I agree with your point of view and generally don't care too much for jingoism of any shade.
Ah, that's a great word.
19-11-2016, 10:05 PM
(19-11-2016 08:59 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Then what difference does it make if we back off from Eastern Europe and let everyone else handle it for a change?
The US don't own the world, they aren't the world police.
If there is a mess somewhere it isn't necessarily the US' responsibility to fix it.

But, I think you guys have many fingers in many pies. It will take a great deal of time for you to back off gracefully.

It's not a good look when US backs one side and Russia backs another side and some poor country goes at it for decades and their civilians suffer. Also Russia and US relations strain, you guys seem to paint each other as enemies. Much like what political parties do, they publicly disagree on almost everything.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
19-11-2016, 10:15 PM
(19-11-2016 10:05 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(19-11-2016 08:59 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Then what difference does it make if we back off from Eastern Europe and let everyone else handle it for a change?
The US don't own the world, they aren't the world police.
If there is a mess somewhere it isn't necessarily the US' responsibility to fix it.

But, I think you guys have many fingers in many pies. It will take a great deal of time for you to back off gracefully.

It's not a good look when US backs one side and Russia backs another side and some poor country goes at it for decades and their civilians suffer. Also Russia and US relations strain, you guys seem to paint each other as enemies. Much like what political parties do, they publicly disagree on almost everything.

From my end, I'm watching an entirely different phenomenon take place. The government is still trying to paint Russia as evil, while the forces they'd like to rely on to do their fighting are siding with Putin.

'Murican Canadian
20-11-2016, 03:16 AM
(19-11-2016 10:15 PM)yakherder Wrote:  From my end, I'm watching an entirely different phenomenon take place. The government is still trying to paint Russia as evil, while the forces they'd like to rely on to do their fighting are siding with Putin.
That's interesting.
20-11-2016, 12:20 PM
(20-11-2016 03:16 AM)Stevil Wrote:  
(19-11-2016 10:15 PM)yakherder Wrote:  From my end, I'm watching an entirely different phenomenon take place. The government is still trying to paint Russia as evil, while the forces they'd like to rely on to do their fighting are siding with Putin.
That's interesting.

I blame it on Putin bear riding memes and judo videos making him look like a total badass.

'Murican Canadian